2015 Copa América

Who will win Copa America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chainsaw

Killahead
I like Tata's Argentina better than Sabella's so far. Only if they keep the same harmony in Copa America I'll be very optimistic about finally winning a trophy after waiting for such a long time.

Antimadridista1

I like Tata's Argentina better than Sabella's so far. Only if they keep the same harmony in Copa America I'll be very optimistic about finally winning a trophy after waiting for such a long time.

Tata is also a better coach than Sabella. He also knows perfectly how to fully use Messi's game.
Chile vs Ecuador for the opening tonight. I expect Chile to win.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tata was a very highly rated coach in Argentina IIRC. So he's not a bum just because it didn't quite work out at Barca.

F

Flavia

Tata was a very highly rated coach in Argentina IIRC. So he's not a bum just because it didn't quite work out at Barca.

I think his profile suits a nt better. For a full club season, his fitness and training methods weren't the best.

Antimadridista1

I think his profile suits a nt better. For a full club season, his fitness and training methods weren't the best.

And also the lack of experience in Europe.
You can't come from abroad and be the coach of the best club in Europe and make it happen just like that. We were close to win two trophies though.. But as you said the team was exhausted.

BrazilFan

Tata is a good manager. Did fabulous work with Paraguay. He might be the type of manager though that suit for a smaller NT or club were there is less pressure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tata is a good manager. Did fabulous work with Paraguay. He might be the type of manager though that suit for a smaller NT or club were there is less pressure.

He also led Newell's Old Boys back up in the top tier after they were struggling down in relegation zone.

Neymessi

Talking about tata?We went trophyless under his tenure but is still a good coach imo.Better than a lot of managers like benitez etc.

BrazilFan

Talking about tata?We went trophyless under his tenure but is still a good coach imo.Better than a lot of managers like benitez etc.

I know big clubs demand trophies at the end of a season but Tata went to the Copa Del Rey final and La Liga went down to the final fixture. He wasn't all that bad at the end of the day.

Alik

These matches will be showing at 1:30 AM here :lol:

At least the weekend match-times will be good.

zanela

Tata is also a better coach than Sabella. He also knows perfectly how to fully use Messi's game.

Disagree. Sabella was/is a more accomplished manager. Having won the CLi, his Estudiantes gave Pep's Barca a run for their money in the CWC not so long ago. He took over ARG at a difficult juncture, and built the team from scratch. He was initially stubborn but he got a lot of it right eventually. Messi never had a more productive period for ARG like he did under Sabella, whilst ARG as a whole became a more well knit and organised group under him. His attacking force let him down during the WC proper, either due to lack of form or fitness., forcing him to employ a more pragmatic approach. People question his choice of personnel, but given a lot of the new/recent flavor were not a factor or consistent a year or so ago, it was only logical to operate with the squad that sweat to qualify for the big one.
Sabella's the man behind ARG's resurgence, the man who's laid the ground work for Martino to reap the rewards. Martino may go on to win whatever titles. Sabella > Martino. Always.

Home of Barca Fans