2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

greek scavenger

United of 2009>>United of 2011
Barcelona of 2009 <<<<< Barcelona of 2011

Barcelona will rip United's midfield to shreds.

Uniteds Individual players of 2009 >> United's individual players of 2011
Uniteds balance and team of 2011 >> United's balance and team of 2009

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I don't think there will be ANY problem with staying focused and motivated for this. These guys have probably been dreaming about playing at Wembley....I don't think they will screw this chance up. We have seen what a motivated Barca can do (5-0). Pep knows all too well what this game means. Have faith my friends....we will triumph again.

Red Devil 2

Don't kid yourself into thinking this will be an easy walk in the park as it won't. United have a lot of desire this season and I think we can pull off a shock in a game where we're clear underdogs.

1-0, Hernandez

impeh

Hi, its me..
we're the best team in the world by a long way, now lets become the best team ever.

4-1

Bergkamp10

Uniteds Individual players of 2009 >> United's individual players of 2011
Uniteds balance and team of 2011 >> United's balance and team of 2009

What does that even mean? Your team of 2009 was better in every aspect of the current team, that's why it won the league with ease and won the double the year before. Lets face it, United will probably win the league this season because Chelsea took 2 months off, Mancini is rubbish and Arsenal are bottlers.

greek scavenger

What does that even mean? Your team of 2009 was better in every aspect of the current team, that's why it won the league with ease and won the double the year before. Lets face it, United will probably win the league this season because Chelsea took 2 months off, Mancini is rubbish and Arsenal are bottlers.

Why the heck are you so bitter? We are probably going to win the league this season because this season we're better than Chelsea City and Arsenal. Quite frankly, the table doesn't lie.

I'll give you an example as to what I mean. Whos the better team? Argentina or Germany? Argentina have the superstars and more world class players like Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Milito, Cambiasso, Di Maria, etc however Germany are much tighter knit, closer and much more determined bunch than Argentina, meaning they are the better team.

United in 2009 relied far too much on one player to produce all the goods whilst currently the balance is on all the players to do well.

W

woobie

I'm no great observer of the english league but it's certainly my impression based on games I HAVE seen that United is a weaker team this year than they have been in the past. The midfield in particular is where I see some weakness -- one can't always rely on the aging but brilliant Giggs and Scholes to produce. The defense doesn't appear to be quite as strong as it has been in years past too - though again, this is just a general sense.

Assuming both teams are full strength, I'd have to give the edge to Barcelona.

Pepe Silvia

United of 2009>>United of 2011
Barcelona of 2009 <<<<< Barcelona of 2011

Barcelona will rip United's midfield to shreds.
Just no. We may not be as deep, but we certainly have improved (especially individually - Iniesta even better, Pique even better, Messi even better, Busquets even better, Valdes even better etc etc). The difference is teams have begun playing us with a more defensive tactic and less open so we have had to work harder to create goals. For example, look at all the chances we created as a team last night when Madrid (arguably the 2nd best team in football) tried attacking us. Had it not been for Iker's genius and the good folks at Uefarrato :)lol:), Madrid would have been slaughtered.

EDIT: Sorry bro, I thought you wrote Barcelona 2009 >>> Barcelona 2011. Senior moment lol

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I'm no great observer of the english league but it's certainly my impression based on games I HAVE seen that United is a weaker team this year than they have been in the past. The midfield in particular is where I see some weakness -- one can't always rely on the aging but brilliant Giggs and Scholes to produce. The defense doesn't appear to be quite as strong as it has been in years past too - though again, this is just a general sense.

Assuming both teams are full strength, I'd have to give the edge to Barcelona.

to be honest it was United's mentality that got them to the final (IMO), and it will be a tough ground to face them. Yet again, we have the perfect team for this and we can all pray that no one gets injured on the way for the final. LET'S GO BARÇA!!!!! :flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

greek scavenger

Just no. We may not be as deep, but we certainly have improved (especially individually - Iniesta even better, Pique even better, Messi even better, Busquets even better, Valdes even better etc etc). The difference is teams have begun playing us with a more defensive tactic and less open so we have had to work harder to create goals. For example, look at all the chances we created as a team last night when Madrid (arguably the 2nd best team in football) tried attacking us. Had it not been for Iker's genius and the good folks at Uefarrato (), Madrid would have been slaughtered.

:lol::lol::lol: I would read what he put down again more carefully ;)

Seamus

Why the heck are you so bitter? We are probably going to win the league this season because this season we're better than Chelsea City and Arsenal. Quite frankly, the table doesn't lie.

I'll give you an example as to what I mean. Whos the better team? Argentina or Germany? Argentina have the superstars and more world class players like Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Milito, Cambiasso, Di Maria, etc however Germany are much tighter knit, closer and much more determined bunch than Argentina, meaning they are the better team.

United in 2009 relied far too much on one player to produce all the goods whilst currently the balance is on all the players to do well.

No United are not, they are lucky is what they are. Had Arsenal not fecked up 3 games (4-4 Newcastle, 1-1 Liverpool, and one other cant remember one) what would the table say?? Chelsea didnt play for 2 months, and Man City are only gelling. Enjoy next season unless United spend alot of money.

Back to champions league talk anyway. Bojan could be back for the final too so extra back up

greek scavenger

No United are not, they are lucky is what they are. Had Arsenal not fecked up 3 games (4-4 Newcastle, 1-1 Liverpool, and one other cant remember one) what would the table say?? Chelsea didnt play for 2 months, and Man City are only gelling. Enjoy next season unless United spend alot of money.

Back to champions league talk anyway. Bojan could be back for the final too so extra back up

Arsenal and Chelsea fuck up but United don't. Doesn't that show that United have a much better mentality and determination and mental strength then these two anyway?
It's like saying "What would have happened had United didn't win team A or Team B or team X etc, what would the table look like then?"
Its hypothetical and fact is that the others teams did have mental collapses and we didn't meaning we're the better side.

Home of Barca Fans