20 - Sergi Roberto

Neymessi

Just goes on to show how much of a factor confidence is.Used to be worse than mediocre in midfield once.Gave a solid Rb performance for some time and became confident.People here said he can only play RB well due to reasons but I felt he will do really well in the mid because his confidence is amazing.What a player he is now :worthy:

ManusXavi

It's true that Neymar was quite open but that cross had just such a cool effect to it, and was perfectly weighted and accurate, that it made the assist top-class.

Reminds me of Xavi's assist to Messi - Champions League final 2009

J

Jamie Cal

Admittedly I was one of those guys that really thought he was just squad Filler and just your typical Average midfielder that was only here because he was "La Masia" even then I thought I was being to rash to judgement since he rarely even played in the first place with the First team when he was promoted.

He then started to change my opinion when Lucho started to Experimented him at DM, He looked really solid there. and when he was played as a RB during the Pre Season he started to grow on me quite a bit and I thought "Maybe if he keeps it up at RB he can have a Future here" During the Bilbao match when Alves was pulled off after sustaining an Injury,Roberto put on a hell of a Performance at RB for someone who never played their in his Career (Before the Pre season) he looked like a Vet.

After that Game he proved my Opinion wrong and he's Definitely has a Future here and I've Become a fan of Roberto.

Well said, brother. If nothing else, we'll have a solid backup across a couple of positions whose attitude won't be problem. We've given plenty of time to guys that just weren't good enough (looking at you, Tello), absolutely must give our Masia products minutes. Lucho blooding him in at RB in pre-season was a masterstroke, really.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Always said he needed an injection of confidence but Lucho gave him confidence on steroids. GOATberto

Alik

Just goes on to show how much of a factor confidence is.Used to be worse than mediocre in midfield once.Gave a solid Rb performance for some time and became confident.People here said he can only play RB well due to reasons but I felt he will do really well in the mid because his confidence is amazing.What a player he is now :worthy:

Sergi Roberto is an example that it takes more than just talent and hard work to succeed in football.

Having the right manager, playing at the right club, having the opportunities turn up, all contribute to the player's form.

Ritchie

Sergi Roberto is an example that it takes more than just talent and hard work to succeed in football.

Having the right manager, playing at the right club, having the opportunities turn up, all contribute to the player's form.

They need the time and patience as well which Barca can't always give. He's the player who's benefited from the transfer ban as if Vidal and Turan were allowed to play he wouldn't have had half the game time this season.

I didn't think he showed much at all under previous coaches in particular.

We really need La Masia to keep producing first team level talent in this way and he could be the last for a while given the shambles the B team is in.

J

Jamie Cal

I didn't think he showed much at all under previous coaches in particular.

I think Tata saw something in him too. Wasn't he keen on giving him more minutes? I remember on that note of his wants at Barca (where he mentioned Aguero, Klose etc).

Neimax

We mustn't be too euphoric with him now, but we have to appreciate his performances so far this season. For me, he was our best player so far and I really hope he continues like thiis. Thanks to him, I fell we have a solid midfield now. With Iniesta (still a class of his own when it comes to big games) Rakitic (solid midfieler imo) Busi, Arda and Roberto we have a lot of quality. Hopefully Rafinha can continue like he did, when he comes back from injury. Additionally, we have Halilovic, Kaptoum, Samper and maybe even Denis Suarez (not sure) who may have the quality to play at Barca in 2 or 3 years. Don't think we have to invest 100 Mio for a player like Pogba, as we have a lot of potential there.

barcanuck

Boberto can do no wrong! All Hail King Bob!

king_bob__minions__by_nathannael2512-d91vawj.jpg

Home of Barca Fans