20 - Sergi Roberto

ManusXavi

Roberto>Pogba and I'm not joking

Ah I just spotted that this has already been mentioned on the Pogba threat. It's early days but I too do agree so far that for Barca team play and for the saving of the Ching ching ($$$), Roberto is the better option for us.

khaled_a_d

So um what do we do about Pogba now.. . .
Do those on this forum who wanted Pogba still want Pogba?

No for me ,mainly since the signing of Arda
The emergence of Roberto ,development of Halilovic .D.Suare(who is doing fine but flying under the radar) and Rafinha b4 the injury while signing Arda and I think we shouldn't look for a high profile midfielder next summer

Kuchi

So um what do we do about Pogba now.. . .
Do those on this forum who wanted Pogba still want Pogba?

I think Arda's integration and effectiveness will also weigh into that decision. But neither Iniesta or Arda are getting younger.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I really can't see where he'd use him, too many options on both RB and midfield.

As much as I love bob I don't think he can bench the Iniesta, Isco, Silva, Koke, Juanfran, Caravajal, etc ..

And +, like who cares, he's catalan, spain can eat %%%, ungrateful bunch! :barcaflag:

El Flaco

Sergi has been in great form, yes, but we should be careful to say if he's "the real deal" or so.

After all, it's not the first time when (mediocre) players overperforming for a short period.

Last edited:

PhilS

I think we should get a top young midfielder, either Veratti or Pogba. We need to keep things fresh and can't let the squad get too old.

When I see Sergi Roberto on the field, I have always seen Barca style of play, and now I see Barca quality. Veratti, I see red cards, too many bad (dumb) passes, he just has never looked like Barca to me. Pogba can do things too good to be true for a midfielder, so any team could use him, but I'm not convinced he would really fit in at Barca. Most of the very best players in the world would be not quite right for Barca, we have seen a few come and go in just the last few years.

Barca has young players right now: Neymar, Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen, Rafinha, Bartra. All are good fits style-wise. I have listed them in my order of quality, no others should stay beyond this season. Sure, Barca could use another Neymar-level youngster, might take a while to find one.

Home of Barca Fans