20 - Sergi Roberto

xxxxxx

We'd be lucky to get 25m back for Roberto. Besides, he's another one who rather let his contract run out because he's on big wages.

xXKonan

The time to sell him for any good fee was a couple of years ago but he's 29 now and appears to be getting more injury-prone.

I think he'll renew but on smaller wages with his role on the team being different from what it once was. I'd imagine that Koeman is probably keener to try and further develop Dest and Mingueza and there's also Emerson who IMO deserves a chance at the RB spot as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's in a tricky position with his contract running out and Emerson likely returning while other midfielders such as Ilaix coming through.

xXKonan

He's on some decent wages as well from his last extension.

Kinda interesting how quickly things can change. In the time he's been out Dest, Mingueza have been sharing RB duties with rumors Emerson is being brought back and you have a good crop of Midfielders coming through leaving him in a pretty tricky spot. There are rumors his renewal will be left up to Koeman and the Sporting Department.

He'll probably renew on lower wages but the question is will he be content with having a much smaller role in the team? I don't know.

raskolnikov

The time to sell him for any good fee was a couple of years ago but he's 29 now and appears to be getting more injury-prone.

I think he'll renew but on smaller wages with his role on the team being different from what it once was. I'd imagine that Koeman is probably keener to try and further develop Dest and Mingueza and there's also Emerson who IMO deserves a chance at the RB spot as well.

29! Feels like he is 26 or something. Roberto is a usefull jack of all trades to have. With a wage cut he should stay.

Richard.H

Time really flies. I remember when he was really young and started making somewhat regular appearances during Tata Martino's tenure.

xXKonan

This was almost 6 years ago when he was forced to play as an RB after Alves suffered an injury and it worked out.

Joan

Mingueza is not a good RB and played there because our hand was forced. It might be a hot take, but I don't see Emerson making it at Barca.

Roberto is not a great Rb, merely a decent one, but he might prove to be our best backup option. Hopefully not the starter. Dest is decent, still leaves a lot to be desired.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mingueza is not a good RB and played there because our hand was forced. It might be a hot take, but I don't see Emerson making it at Barca.

Roberto is not a great Rb, merely a decent one, but he might prove to be our best backup option. Hopefully not the starter. Dest is decent, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Have to be careful with this one and not offer a long contract with a higher salary. Perhaps a 2 + 1 year extension at the same salary. Not sure Roberto will agree to that though.

Joan

Have to be careful with this one and not offer a long contract with a higher salary. Perhaps a 2 + 1 year extension at the same salary. Not sure Roberto will agree to that though.

Hope he'd take a pay cut, doubt anyone would offer him anything close to Barca anyway.

A player of his age would have hard time accepting such a short contract.

Home of Barca Fans