20 - Sergi Roberto

JamDav1982

His wages should be halfed at least if signing a new contract.

On current place in squad not a starter and not close to 200K+ and only going to worse as gets older.

jairzinho

He gets more than starting players in other top teams. That's crazy. His wages should be slashed significantly or he should be sold.

Bobo32

He gets more than starting players in other top teams. That's crazy. His wages should be slashed significantly or he should be sold.

He is a better alternative for Barcelona than most starting players in other top teams, plus he is content with not playing every game.
Pjanic and Coutinho earns about the same according to the list I saw, they are worse players for Barcelona, playing less but bringing more trouble when they don't play.

jairzinho

He is a better alternative for Barcelona than most starting players in other top teams, plus he is content with not playing every game.
Pjanic and Coutinho earns about the same according to the list I saw, they are worse players for Barcelona, playing less but bringing more trouble when they don't play.

Both Pjanic and Coutinho should be sold. Roberto has a lot to offer but is not an elite player. Its difficult to justify the wages he is on.

Bobo32

Both Pjanic and Coutinho should be sold. Roberto has a lot to offer but is not an elite player. Its difficult to justify the wages he is on.

Sure.
After Pjanic, Coutinho, Firpo, Umtiti, Lenglet, Braithwaite, Dembele and Griezmann are all sold, and Roberto have declined a new contract with more reasonable wages, Barcelona should consider selling him, if they need the money.
But even then (no matter how stupidly high his wages are) I think it would be hard to justify selling him economically, as they would probably lose transfer fee money in the swap for a decent replacement, and it would be a big risk of getting someone not as good.

xXKonan

Honestly, with the available talents we have and the ones coming through I'd be more inclined to let him go tbh.

I'm more interested in developing the likes of Dest and seeing how Emerson(Assume he comes back) at RB and further developing some of the Midfield talents we have and the ones coming through. While Bob isn't bad and is a known quantity I'm in that camp where I think it's time for something new.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Roberto's situation is tricky because we'll have Dest and probably Emerson at RB, even Mingueza can play RB. Dest can play LB too if need be. We might sign a LB or prefer to give minutes to Alejandro Balde when Alba need rest. If we sign Alaba then he can play LB too obviously.

In midfield we have some promising talents and he's never been good in the midfield.

Where does that leave a soon-to-be 30 jack of all trades kinda player that probably want a bit higher salary or at least retain his current salary as well as sign a 4/5 year extension?

Messigician

Roberto's situation is tricky because we'll have Dest and probably Emerson at RB, even Mingueza can play RB. Dest can play LB too if need be. We might sign a LB or prefer to give minutes to Alejandro Balde when Alba need rest. If we sign Alaba then he can play LB too obviously.

In midfield we have some promising talents and he's never been good in the midfield.

Where does that leave a soon-to-be 30 jack of all trades kinda player that probably want a bit higher salary or at least retain his current salary as well as sign a 4/5 year extension?

Facts

khaled_a_d

It seems we will sell Emerson for profit and keep Roberto.
And this is a bit generalised statement, Balde is young, young midfield will need veterans and we have only few of those. Roberto will be staying for few years if wage is acceptable to the club.
PS: people seriously need to stop taking reported wage too seriously. Most of those are fabricated

pregra

Just as shit as he always has been. His one strength is driving forward with the ball when the game is stretched. Even if he is slow, he is surprisingly good at that. Against buses we usually play he is of no good at all, no matter the position.

Home of Barca Fans