20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

That is not correct. He's the one always called out for being a fanboy. In recent posts he gave some links, gifs and so on... anyways, even if it's too much, banning him and letting trolls like Jair wander around is a disgrace.
Oh I agree that guys like Jair being still around is still mind boggling but not like the other guy is any better either.

I agree Roberto had a good game but his performances in the Classico always come off as red herrings. Seems like every time this guy puts up a MOTM performance in the Classico he gets people hyped up, only to eventually lead to disappointment as he goes back to his ususal level of not exactly being starter quality here.

Joan

Oh I agree that guys like Jair being still around is still mind boggling but not like the other guy is any better either.

I agree Roberto had a good game but his performances in the Classico always come off as red herrings. Seems like every time this guy puts up a MOTM performance in the Classico he gets people hyped up, only to eventually lead to disappointment as he goes back to his ususal level of not exactly being starter quality here.
I think he's much better. I could dig tons of posts of irrational hate for Rakitić/Roberto/Suarez/Valverde or the other side's position being called fanboyism/hate. :shrug: Dembele, Semedo... same. Half of the forum could be banned if such criterion was to be applied. The point is: there's so much allowed around here than banning a user for being obnoxious while defending a player is futile. And fun. In a way.

I doubt people will all of a sudden overrate Roberto. We've seen enough of him to know better. It's just that talking about Semedo's flaws has become much less popular.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt people will all of a sudden overrate Roberto. We've seen enough of him to know better. It's just that talking about Semedo's flaws has become much less popular.

People have been shitting on Semedo since day one. You even have a dedicated poster here for that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Seems that he has finally regained form after that disastrous November-January run and the injury in December; his last performances have ranged from good to great. Looks faster and more mobile now, something that I complained about during his off-form period.

Last edited:

clemente

He just doesn't have that Vidal mentality when needs to defend, just watched the ball rip the net behind him yesterday.

xXKonan

If you want to defend a lead without having the ball, it's pointless having him out there.

Seriously he looks like a fish out of a barrel when we decided to sit back without the ball.

Arizona Scott

It looked like semedo was settled in as a starter but then he was naive, and overall atrocious, and left us exposed vs madid only for the next game bob gave anmasterclass against them.

Bottom line some matchups and set ups work better for semdo and some for bob. At least this year likely to be more of the same--situational right backs, not the worst situation. Plus one has to back up jordi here and there--plenty of pt for both.

Home of Barca Fans