20 - Sergi Roberto

clemente

Wow people are actually suggesting he should leave.. I am more okay with Neymar leaving than Roberto, he just has this aura around him that lifts this team.

Alik

We will lose a squad player, even though fan's favorite (and fans rate him higher than of his actual abilities).
Oh, I don't like Paulinho btw.
But, it is not as if it will make too much difference: Roberto or No Roberto, Roberto or Paulinho.

Letting Roberto go sends a bad message. He is homegrown, has developed along nicely, is a fan-favourite and still has potential to develop further.

Squad wise, he is a versatile player who made the difference in high-profile matches last season and reinforces the team in many positions. We are definitely worse off without him.

Devils

We will lose a squad player, even though fan's favorite (and fans rate him higher than of his actual abilities).
Oh, I don't like Paulinho btw.
But, it is not as if it will make too much difference: Roberto or No Roberto, Roberto or Paulinho.

Even if we sell Arda, Rafinha, Gomes and Denis, we would still have: Coutinho, Iniesta, Rakitic, Paulinho, Busquets (and if Gomes stays) infront of him.
That is a looooot of players infront of him.

If Coutinho is a new Iniesta, then for a RM spot, Roberto is already fighting with Rakitic and Gomes.
And now with Rakitic, Gomes and Paulinho.

Technical stuff doesn't rate him (I don't rate any of our current midfielders also).
For his career, he should go and try to make his name somewhere else.
I don't think that he will have too much success in any other big club, though.

I'd argue that the only two that you mentioned that would be guaranteed to start over him would be Coutinho and Busi. Iniesta will have a surpressed role in seasons to come and Roberto is far better than Paulinho or Gomes and will probably surpass Rakitic soon, if he hasn't already.

Messi983

Wow people are actually suggesting he should leave.. I am more okay with Neymar leaving than Roberto, he just has this aura around him that lifts this team.

People are also suggesting that Messi should leave...

Lol, reading Messi thread I see you are one of those people. :lol:

Last edited:

Jombi

[youtube]eF7YajcjZ4o[/youtube]

Would be sad to see such a quality intelligent player leave to make room for Paulinho.

Jombi

If Paulinho is as shitty as everyone says why would Roberto be concerned about his signing?

Anyway, just BS

Paulinho is a big investment. 80-90m euros (transfer fee plus wages). That means he'll get plenty of chances and it sends a clear signal to Roberto.

Alik

If Paulinho is as shitty as everyone says why would Roberto be concerned about his signing?
If Paulinho is as shitty as everyone says why are we signing him for 40M?

It doesn't matter what everyone says. What matters is what the club management decide to do.

Messi983

If Paulinho is as shitty as everyone says why are we signing him for 40M?

It doesn't matter what everyone says. What matters is what the club management decide to do.

That's not the point.

Roberto will get his minutes, signing Paulinho doesn't change that.

JamDav1982

Got to love how it is claimed that Barca have no future no midfield etc.

Then moment it looks like Roberto could leave he is held up as a great talent and the future etc when a few days ago he was part of a shit midfield with no depth.

I like Roberto and wouldnt want to see him leave but the way players get rated dependent on worst case scenario is completely predictable.

Jombi

That's not the point.

Roberto will get his minutes, signing Paulinho doesn't change that.

Of course it changes that. Roberto has every reason to doubt his role in the team when we sign garbage from China for 40m and give him a huge fat contract, in Roberto's position. Paulinho will get a lot of chances. And Roberto has a 40m release clause.

Home of Barca Fans