20 - Sergi Roberto

Horatio

You're welcome
But obviously I have learned a lot from the guys in the team. In Barca, the wide defenders are expected to attack a lot and that suits me perfectly. I love running with or without the ball and in this position you spend the whole game sprinting up and down the pitch. It's very physically demanding but I love it.
- Sergi Roberto

I swear I was about to post about this after his last game. Some players love to run and I wanted to call him out on being one.
I am the same way when I play football where it doesn't matter if I have the ball or not, always like to keep moving. Even when I am fatigued I like to push myself through that.
Watching him I got the impression he felt the same way about it.
It's great to see he has this mentality. It means he won't be influenced as much by wins or losses, but just enjoys doing what he does: working every second he is on the field and avoid doing nothing.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Haha I bet you could fins similar quotes about Tello, Cuenca, Bojan..... Pep gets some right some wrong like anyone else.
It's Interesting re reading some player threads and seeing old Pep quotes on some La Masia talents that were promoted and never worked out in the end. Seems like Realistically since 2011, Thiago and Roberto and maybe Bartra and Rafinhia. that were promoted to the First team ended up being Bright spots for us and in Thiagos case as well as Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans