20 - Sergi Roberto

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
some voices were raised in the chat that he's overrated :facepalm1: well, he's is of course not WC and he might never be - but he's been outstanding for a long stretch of matches now so it's not down to luck anymore. he's legit and if he keeps improving just a little over the season I see no reason why he can't be as great as iniesta, busi and xavi. Busi was a prodigy from a very young age, but xavi and iniesta took some time reach a level where they played consistently and where they were trusted by the coach. keep going roberto!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Well, with Rakitic out for the Clasico, we will really be able to see what he's made out of.

xXKonan

CS_6mZBXAAAj3D_.jpg

Another great game!

Adversus

He's a Everton Fan.

Correct. I think we might have been pretty close too. If Barca hadn't of had a transfer ban and had another RB I think we would have got him. He reminded me of Iniesta and I was enjoying your fans slating him because I thought it was just a matter of time before he came good.

I think Barca fans are a bit too quick to judge young players. It's hard mentally to come in to a team were the standards are so high like they are at Barca but that said they learn nothing on the bench. Players need to play to strengthen them mentally.

Last edited:

Jombi

some voices were raised in the chat that he's overrated :facepalm1: well, he's is of course not WC and he might never be - but he's been outstanding for a long stretch of matches now so it's not down to luck anymore. he's legit and if he keeps improving just a little over the season I see no reason why he can't be as great as iniesta, busi and xavi. Busi was a prodigy from a very young age, but xavi and iniesta took some time reach a level where they played consistently and where they were trusted by the coach. keep going roberto!

I fully support Roberto, but come on, Xavi and Iniesta were on another level at that age. But they are different players, and I think Roberto's best positions are DM and RB.

SeloBarca

Roberto have barely played any games as a midfielder. He "bloomed" as a RB. Still lacks the creative skills we really need.

Adversus

Roberto have barely played any games as a midfielder. He "bloomed" as a RB. Still lacks the creative skills we really need.

He's played 4 games as a CM and 1 as FWR and his whoscored ratings are much higher in those positions than as RB where he has played 5 times. He's a CM but in truth he's intelligent enough to play anywhere.

Darko

Of course his rating in CM and RW will be higher on a site that rates goals/assists /dribbles etc. higher than defensive work. The jury is still out if he'll cut it as a Barca CM, he has performed immensly as a versatile player, but I doubt he'll be a starter when we have everyone fit, this year or the next.

Of course his rating in CM and RW will be higher on a site that rates goals/assists /dribbles etc. higher than defensive work. The jury is still out if he'll cut it as a Barca CM, he has performed immensly as a versatile player, but I doubt he'll be a starter when we have everyone fit, this year or the next.

He has what it takes to compete for starting RB already, jury's still out on cm though. On Form him and iniesta should be starting midfielders cause Raki hasnt been good so far this season but Bob has yet to show that he can consistently compete with in-form rakitic

Home of Barca Fans