19 - Vitor Rawke

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Breathe people breathe
Come on, dude played 60 minutes from start and did NOTHING - he didn't set one foot right. If you know some football you know almost right away if somebody will come good - this kid is clueless, mid-table Swedish league ffs.

Co0ter

Come on, dude played 60 minutes from start and did NOTHING - he didn't set one foot right. If you know some football you know almost right away if somebody will come good - this kid is clueless, mid-table Swedish league ffs.
The kid has barely played, a few appearances he actually came on as a winger as a sub. Finally gets a start and it's playing along side Torres who is actual shit, Roberto, Romeu and Fermin. No Cancelo to create in attack either.

Relax. Give him a break. Let's give him a few chances with the main team during a decent run of games before ruling out a 19 year old.

We can all agree though, he didn't look great today. He has looked decent in other brief appearances though. What I can't understand is why Xavi would sub him out at 61 minutes and keep Torres on when he was garbage. Keep him in, see how he does with Raphinha, Yamal and Pedri coming on. Torres added nothing at CF that he wasn't already doing

serghei

It's obvious he needs time. Didn't Vinicius play some seasons at Madrid Castilla when he came raw from Brazil? But it is also obvious that he is unlikely to contribute a lot right now. So... Lewa is gonna have to deliver next season also, and selling him this summer is not a good idea at all. Roque at the moment can't replace him in any way. And next season we have a league title to win.

Lewa, Raphinha, Yamal, all three have to stay and help us win the league next season, or at the very least push Madrid to have to make 93-95 points to repeat the title. No other way about it.

Madrid hasn't defended a league title since 2007-08. That's over 15 years ago. Repeating league titles in tier 1 leagues is very difficult if you don't have league monsters like Guardiola or Messi. Next season we have a great chance to reclaim the title. It would be much appreciated for Roque to integrate faster and add some 8-10 goals next season from a rotational role. Like Joselu did for Madrid this year.

We were not in a position to spend 40m on someone that adds very little in the present in terms of goals. If he develops like Vinicius and ends up being key in some CL title 4-5 years into the future, this transfer is a hit. But the alternative could be another flop in the vein of Trincao.

Last edited:

Loki

I'll start evaluating him after a full pre season this summer. When half a year to settle in has passed and a full preperation for the new season is done. Then we'll see if he starts to improve.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
While yes I understand its hard to get into rhythm etc when he hardly got any minutes - but the minutes he got he was atrocious, first touch of a wooden legged pirate, no clue what he's supposed to do, runs straight into players and can't dribble to save his life and awful shooting. Rhythm or not, Pedri was away for a couple of weeks and like 20 seconds after he got subbed in against PSG he makes the sweetest assist. Roque got the chance to play from start and ran around like a headless chicken... You can't blame it all on "rhythm", the guy has awful technic for a forward in Barca. Fermin is 100 times the players and he was our own product who many of you complain on. And we paid what for Rouqe, 35M + somethingsomething? He's a 3M player at most - not even Cadiz, Granada, Almeria level. We keep making these silly stupid transfers - we have players performing day in day out in La Liga, Ligue 1, Erdevisioion etc. Buying players straight from South America hardly EVER pays out - and buying players from SA that can't even fucking dribble and has the worst first touch I've seen in ages (only Romeu is worst)? That's why we even look there, it's mostly for their "flair" - we decided to spend 35 something millions on a players who can't dribble his own mother ffs!?

Last edited:

Temptation

The issue isn't him having bad overall performances.

The issue is him showing no promise, potential, spark or special qualities.

Even in his Brazilian league videos, I thought he looked bad.

He's not even that quick. I don't see anything that distinguishes him from a generic second division striker.

The only chance he has is if he drastically improves his finishing and positioning.

At his age, RL9 was nowhere on the radar of Football fans so there's still hope.

RL9 can't teach him instincts, mentality or decision making. RL9 can give him a few handy tips but Roque is too old to increase his technical ability. He's too small to be effective at holdup play.

Imo he desperately needs a loan move and regular playing time. A loan will help the club gauge his actual level. The current arrangement won't work for him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The issue isn't him having bad overall performances.

He's not even that quick. I don't see anything that distinguishes him from a generic second division striker.

The only chance he has is if he drastically improves his finishing and positioning.

At his age, RL9 was nowhere on the radar of Football fans so there's still hope.

RL9 can't teach him instincts, mentality or decision making. RL9 can give him a few handy tips but Roque is too old to increase his technical ability. He's too small to be effective at holdup play.

Imo he desperately needs a loan move and regular playing time. A loan will help the club gauge his actual level. The current arrangement won't work for him.
Right? Even from his YouTube-highlights from fucking Brazilian (!?) league he looked nothing special, actually looked like he had no qualities at all. 35M lol. Now go take a look at Elye Wahi (Lens) for example, his market value is about 30M and he's 18 - night and fucking day from Rouque.
He needs to be loaned, he won't get any playing time next season. We need to loan him out to some mid-table La Liga club and pray he does alright so we can get half the money back. What a disaster...

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Roque was never a physical specimen, Barca knew that when they bought him.

Think of David Villa, he wasn't tall, he wasn't strong, he wasn't quick, he wasn't good dribbler or that superb technically.
But Villa was an assassin, he knew when and where to be, he knew how to finish.

In comparison, Roque is actually more athletic and stronger than Villa ever be, only an inch shorter and his touch will always be heavy. But his biggest assets is that he relentless and smart and good finisher. Those are the traits need to translate in Europe to be be a starting 9 in the top teams.
Currently it is a new set up, he isn't in a defensive oriented team as he was in Brazil, he isn't getting minutes as he was, he is coming back from injury while in Brazil, settling at higher level etc etc.

That isn't to say he will surely turn good, players fail all the time. But for me I think the most determining factor will be his finishing, a bit like Ferran it isn't great to get chances if you waste them.
Roque, even during his early struggles, showed he can still get chances, and as he settle more and get more in rotation he will get more. If he score them fans will forget about his struggles.

Porque

Villa was very good technically with a very reliable first touch and intelligent movements and dribbles to create the half space / space to score.

Of course until 22 or so he was in Gijon in Segunda. While Roque is way younger.

khaled_a_d

Villa was very good technically with a very reliable first touch and intelligent movements and dribbles to create the half space / space to score.

Of course until 22 or so he was in Gijon in Segunda. While Roque is way younger.

Villa wasn't a "flashy" dribbler or beating his man, but more of a retaining the ball one, no? But yeah his touch was better and that is what I meant about Roque heavy touch. Although those can improve with time. I remember Drogba improving them even in his 30's with Chelsea, no idea how Villa touch was during Gijon days tbh

soul24rage

Roque is mobile and likes to press, which are essential for modern football. He really needs to clean up technically to make it.

Still too early to judge imo and probably a loan to a La Liga team that would suits his quality might be needed. We can have Lewy and Guiu as our striker options for next season.

Roque still has 2 goals this season and if you add all the La Liga minutes together, it'll be around a total of 3 games so not too shabby.

serghei

Villa was a fine dribbler. He was far more than just a finisher. Let's not forget he could also play winger role, something few strikers can do at an elite level.

Could Roque play wing role as masterfully as Villa did at Barcelona for example?

Home of Barca Fans