19 - Vitor Rawke

serghei

Roque has to improve technically by a good bit in the next years or he's gonna be a B level hardworking striker. And I don't mean by improving tricks and fancy stuff, just basic good touches. The ball bounces off him quite a bit in unplanned ways, which is worrying.

soul24rage

Roque has to improve technically by a good bit in the next years or he's gonna be a B level hardworking striker. And I don't mean by improving tricks and fancy stuff, just basic good touches. The ball bounces off him quite a bit in unplanned ways, which is worrying.
I agree with this. If he doesn't improve technically, he won't make it here.

Temptation

Spain wouldn't have won the WC without Villa. Aguero may have been the better player individually and over the course of his whole career, but I know who I want in a big game.
Aguero is a weird one. He was insanely clutch in the Prem against all the big teams consistently. But it never really happened for him in the CL and was always in the periphery of the Argentine NT.

Might just be bad luck. He's definitely not a bottler and is the best finisher from any angle.

But I can confidently say he's a better player than Villa regardless of team trophies. It's pretty obvious in terms of eye test and stats. Be real.

serghei

David Villa pays a bit for staying too long at Valencia, but as a player he was truly elite. Aguero's big performances for Argentina and in CL are quite rare and not as notable.

A bit like comparing Ibra with Eto'o. For me being a difference maker at the most elite level is more important than league longevity.

CatalinR10

Instead of paying 40 mil for this guy , why not just put 5 mil more and get that Endrick guy if he showed more potential ?

Is this guy apart of some money scheme ?

Nazario1985

Aguero is a weird one. He was insanely clutch in the Prem against all the big teams consistently. But it never really happened for him in the CL and was always in the periphery of the Argentine NT.

Might just be bad luck. He's definitely not a bottler and is the best finisher from any angle.

But I can confidently say he's a better player than Villa regardless of team trophies. It's pretty obvious in terms of eye test and stats. Be real.

In a league you want a player who is good on average, yielding results over a season

In a WC or CL knockouts you want clinical players.

khaled_a_d

Do you think Vitor can be as good as RL9?

No, RL9 reached a point of being the best striker in the world and was the rightful earner of Ballon. Roque isn't that, and I said it when we signed him that we are setting ourselves for disappointment if this is our expectations. And a player of RL9 potential will cost twice as much Roque cost us.

What Roque can be if he hit his potential, is a consistent 20-25 goals per season player (all club competitions), who knows how to use space to his advantage, how to open space to his teammates to open things for them. The last traits he already showed signs of it here, and showed it consistently in Brazil. In a team like Barca this can work if Lamine hits his potential and becomes star of the show.

Aguero was absolutely exquisite technically. Pains to say, but that is where Endrick will be going.

Endrick is gifted technically, but he is heavy as a player, one of the most unathletic youngsters I've seen recently tbh.

Nearly every single young striker is mobile. And a striker of Roque's physical stature has no business being slow. Not a big enough name to stop pressing either. People praising him for the bare minimum. The bar is in hell!

As said above, it isn't true. A guy like Endrick for example ain't that and still widely regarded as top talent.

Roque had good actions, I don't think I have seen him do anything naturally like Villa. It was all kind of control with random drop, a jig then a power shot.

I don't see it based on the video, I don't know if he was consistent there back in his young years, maybe. And f course he was better at 28.
And again, people are getting nitpicking with the names used as examples here, no players are identical in their skillset and profiles. Every comparison has it's fault and that is with the very direct comparisons too. Villa was an example of players who made a living mainly based on killer instincts, even if he had some technical abilities, it was never what made him very good attacker at all, at least that isn't how I see it at all.

Instead of paying 40 mil for this guy , why not just put 5 mil more and get that Endrick guy if he showed more potential ?

Is this guy apart of some money scheme ?

We paid 30M, and it can goes to 55 if he turns into a starting 9 for us, iirc RM paid 45M base price that can goes up to 70M, and it was before Endrick played with first team, and he didn't have any preferential for Barca.
That isn't counting salary, agent and player fees etc.
Roque wanted Barca, was committed to us despite financial situation. He was Deco choice and Barca scouts packed the decision. We did our homework there, even if we failed the test eventually.

vegitot

Aguero's shooting ability was top level. He absolute destroyed EPL but wasn't great in UCL and of course far from good with Argentina national team (weird that he had top creator/playmaker like Messi and Di Maria). Higuain was better with Argentina but fate didn't want him to be the hero.

Villa was crucial for both Spain and Barca style at that time. Villa WC 2010 was one of the best by a striker.

khaled_a_d

David Villa pays a bit for staying too long at Valencia, but as a player he was truly elite. Aguero's big performances for Argentina and in CL are quite rare and not as notable.

A bit like comparing Ibra with Eto'o. For me being a difference maker at the most elite level is more important than league longevity.

This also depends on the role of a player in the team tbf.
Ibra for example has played both the role of the star of the show, and the guy in the shadow of another super star (both at top level) and I would argue he was better than Eto as being the player to build a team around, but was never good enough to be star in team with CL ambitions, otoh Eto excelled in playing beside a super star while Ibra didn't.
With Villa and Aguero, both didn't have the chance to switch roles really. Aguero was mostly the attacker superstar in most of his career, never had to play with a guy like Messi, CR7, Neymar, R10 etc at club level. Villa otoh was at Valencia during a time they had no title ambitions but then moved to Barca team with the GOAT while playing in front of Xaviesta, et al, he excelled in that role but never had to be the center of attention for defenses.
In NT it was different for both, Spain was a well oiled machine and far and away best team in that era, he played important part with that team, but then again Spain won the Euros in 2012 with Cesc as a striker.
Aguero had a dysfunctional team that had many good attackers, rarely good coaches. He put up numbers but injuries fucked him during tournaments tbf.

serghei

Of course, no two players can face the exact set of circumstances. There are also advantages Aguero had and Villa didn't. Villa payed a good part of his prime at Valencia, an inferior team compared to City.

As for Ibra, he couldn't shine because his ego didn't allow him to function in any role other than the main star. So he ended up as the big dog in some non elite sides like PSG and Milan. In 4th and 5th best leagues no less.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Aguero is one of the most clinical finishers of this era. :lol:

LoL ??

The guy needed 10 chances to score, which for a league is good if consistent, his big advantage was his ability to score from nothing.

He could miss the easiest goal in the universe then score a worldy.

I saw him with argentina taking some shots, if you show it to a psychiatrist he'll give the papers to put him in sanitarium.

But even for the NT he is the third-highest all-time top goalscorer, but nobody would have put a bet on him for a serious game.

Home of Barca Fans