17 - Jeison Murillo

khaled_a_d

if the deal really is a 6month loan with an OPTION to buy then this is a great move by the board. with Bayern going for Atleti's hernandez, we have an even better shot at landing De Ligt in the summer, i think he has his mind set on Barca. if Murillo turns out a decent backup, we get a cheap CB and can let Vermaelen go

Bayern going for Lucas isn't that good for us in terms of price, Ajax is taking notice of Laporte/Lucas price and they could easily demand same amount of money.
Honestly, Overmars would likely demand 80M for the kid, which makes him huge risk.

Juventus is a much bigger threat in landing De Ligt than Bayern.

Juve & Bayern pay less for transfers and wages, but if any of RM/City/Manu/PSG and may be Chelsea put interest in him we are likely fucked

Does this mean that Umtiti is done for the rest of the season?

No, we needed a CB even with healthy Umtiti, we have onlty 1 right footed CB, we had a CB that is injured twice the time he is healthy, we lacked depth due to bad planning of the squad from Abidal and we are trying to correct it.
We will know about Umtiti for sure if he opts out for surgery

Messigician

Welcome to FC Barcelona.

I've been scouting thus guy for a while now.

He is an extremely fast CB almost winger level. definitely faster than Coutinho.

He will be extremely useful for pacey teams that like to sit deep and hit us on the counter.

Welcome to FC Barcelona

God Serena

Welcome to FC Barcelona.

He is an extremely fast CB almost winger level. definitely faster than Coutinho.

He will be extremely useful for pacey teams that like to sit deep and hit us on the counter.

Welcome to FC Barcelona

By your logic he should be a winger instead of a CB.

Messigician

By your logic he should be a winger instead of a CB.

No?

A winger needs to cross the ball, be able to cut inside and shoot, have flair and dribble.

Pace alone does not make a winger. However having the pace to catch them is a valuable asset for any CB

God Serena

No?

A winger needs to cross the ball, be able to cut inside and shoot, have flair and dribble.

Pace alone does not make a winger. However having the pace to catch them is a valuable asset for any CB

But you like... literally said in another thread that if any midfielder was fast they'd just be wingers instead...

Porque

Decent signing given the circumstances and price. I think Christensen was first choice but Chelsea weren't willing to deal. Maybe that door can be re-opened in the summer.

He arrives with a bit of talent and a big point to prove which is always a good recipe. He won't be out of his depth against the majority of opponents. Plenty of LaLiga experience so Valverde will be comfortable enough to play him when needed. But I hope he doesn't play too much as that will mean Lenglet and Pique are fit and playing well.

Messigician

But you like... literally said in another thread that if any midfielder was fast they'd just be wingers instead...

Yes a midfielder. If they are winger level fast usually they play wide such as Matuidi, Or Mekelele. Pires and even Iniesta all played as a winger.

A midfielder posseses technical attributes closer to a winger than a CB does to a Winger.

hulinat

Funny how barely anyone has even heard of Murillo here. Just shows how many don't literally know anything about La liga apart from Barca lol.

MTL_Barca

Decent as a short term solution because of Umtitis injury. Most likely won't stay longer tho, we'll buy a new CB in summer and 4 big names is more than enough so keeping him on top of that would just be a waste.

mesiesta

Welcome to FC Barcelona.

Welcome to FC Barcelona

I think he will play only in Copa and against a couple of weak opponents in La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans