17 - Jeison Murillo

Leo_Messi

So, I take it he can be available as soon as the first game in January?

Is he cup-tied for the Champions League this year, not available for Barca because he has already played in this year's CL for Valencia?

The team was starting to get a little thin on the back line, the total of three healthy center backs plus fullbacks was almost too few.

Footballer's who have appeared for their team during a CL-season are no longer cup-tied should they move to another team that participates in the CL during the same season.

Yes, he should be ready to play in theory. He has only played in 3 games this season due to falling out with Marcelino and being frozen out. Hence why Valencia agreed to the loan. So I think that he would need at least a few weeks and some playing time before reaching anywhere near his optimal form.

no he's not cuptied for CL. That rule has changed.
Is he cuptied for the Copa del Rey? He's more likely to feature in those matches I think.

No such thing in the CdR so the answer is no.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Du4XfMsWoAEm0su.jpg

xXKonan

Funny thing is I said a while back that if you want to play Roberto at RB, he has to have at least a CB that is behind him who can cover ground and not be easily beaten in 1v1s. Murillo fits that profile pretty well actually. Although the guy tends to be overagressive at times.

He will likely fair better than Mina here that's for sure.

Leo_Messi

He reminds me a bit of his compatriot Iván Córdoba. If he can do just half as well as Córdoba did in Europe (Inter) for the reminder of the season, he will prove useful.

One of his better games for Valencia. Will give people an idea what type of player that the club has just signed.

[youtube]55XVAFDk_ZM[/youtube]

Funny thing is I said a while back that if you want to play Roberto at RB, he has to have at least a CB that is behind him who can cover ground and not be easily beaten in 1v1s. Murillo fits that profile pretty well actually. Although the guy tends to be overagressive at times.

He will likely fair better than Mina here that's for sure.

No doubt about that.

God Serena

Npt sure how Valencia's 5th choice is suddenly good enough to be the 3rd choice at a club like Barca. From being frozen out of 14th place's lineup to seeing potentially heavy minutes with 1st place?

We're more likely than not to see the guy is completely out of his depth. If he pulls a Yerry Mina I'd much prefer we just go with B team defenders. At least we can lose while upholding some loyalty to the academy...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is an agressive and a tenacious defender. Bags of experience in La Liga as well. Should fit seamlessly really.

Npt sure how Valencia's 5th choice is suddenly good enough to be the 3rd choice at a club like Barca. From being frozen out of 14th place's lineup to seeing potentially heavy minutes with 1st place?

We're more likely than not to see the guy is completely out of his depth. If he pulls a Yerry Mina I'd much prefer we just go with B team defenders. At least we can lose while upholding some loyalty to the academy...

He will be our third choice for only half a season unless we buy him. Then he becomes fourth choice behind Pique, Umtiti, and Lenglet. If we buy him, surely Vermaelen will be gone.

On your sceptical remark, he used to play plenty last season and at Inter. There are plenty of reasons player become frozen out, you're pulling a BBZ here by implying that a player surely is shit if he does not play, something you certainly condemned him for yourself. All I'm saying is that let's wait for at least two performances from him for Barca.

Last edited:

pregra

Can he bring the ball out from the back and/or pass well? Remember him from Granada, seemed very good (and surprisingly quick) in 1v1s. Hopefully his injuries haven't destroyed his pace.

El Gato

Villarato!

Backwards priorities. There's nobody out there who would be a sure improvement on rotation level, would like to join for relatively cheap and abandon what they're currently doing. Far better than getting a washed-up vet. You're signing a young guy who went from a relative nobody to now playing for Barcelona and having 6 months to prove his worth at top level. Doesn't get better than that in terms of having a motivated young player who will fight in training and lead by example. Unless he's a polar opposite and will do what every 30+ player would do in his position - fuck about and treat it as a holiday. Which is unlikely.

Very good signing on paper.

xXKonan

From what I've read on twitter from some Valencia fans it seems he was frozen out by Marcelino, not due to his performances on the pitch but both of them had a falling out with each other. Murillo himself was brought in at the request of Marcelino, and was a starter for him for a good amount before having a stubborn Pubitis injury which kept him out for awhile.

Not saying he's going to be elite for us but he's not quite as bad as he's portrayed to be. He will be a decent 3rd option for us.

soul24rage

This vid talks about why he became 5th choice and some of his background info

[youtube]PG5UUV293uM[/youtube]

Givenchy

if the deal really is a 6month loan with an OPTION to buy then this is a great move by the board. with Bayern going for Atleti's hernandez, we have an even better shot at landing De Ligt in the summer, i think he has his mind set on Barca. if Murillo turns out a decent backup, we get a cheap CB and can let Vermaelen go

Home of Barca Fans