17 - Jeison Murillo

Messigician

yeah I remembered reading the free agent thing but my recall was sketchy. I think there was a way to bypass the free agent via buyout clause to make the player a free agent

I think it would be very difficult to convince a player and their agent to do that as that would really screw a club up for the remainder of the season pretty much poaching their keeper without giving them a chance to replace him

Messi983

I think it would be very difficult to convince a player and their agent to do that as that would really screw a club up for the remainder of the season pretty much poaching their keeper without giving them a chance to replace him

IIRC a team whose player we would sign outside of the regular transfer window by paying his buyout clause would have 30 days to buy his replacement (don't know the rules exactly but I think it has to be from another Spanish club) if they would decide to to so.

But in this case (Valdes was injured in late March) our options were probably limited to getting a backup GK from another team who would be better than Pinto. And if we would find one he would still need time to adapt and you can't experiment with GKs so late in the season. That's why we probably decided to stick with Pinto.

Anyway, whichever GK we could potentially sign at that time would be a clear downgrade from Valdes who was probably a top 3 GK in the world before the injury.

TanzaBarca

I hope that Murillo will prove some people wrong here if he gets chance to show his quality.
Welcome to the Great team.

serghei

Let's hope he's not too hotheaded like other South American defenders. They have an extra gift for causing pens. and dangerous free kicks at the worst times. There's a fine line between power, energy and recklessness.

Arizona Scott

Let's hope he's not too hotheaded like other South American defenders. They have an extra gift for causing pens. and dangerous free kicks at the worst times. There's a fine line between power, energy and recklessness.

Seems quite the generalization. Not what I think of when I think of Alves or Maicon or Caifu or Carlos or Godin, but what do I know.

Personally I think Croatian defenders are hotheaded and have a lot of brain farts, but most of what I am judging is by Dejan Lovren.

xXKonan

There's going to be some mixed responses here but I thought he did okay for the most part despite having to partner up with a kid who has no experience against teams like Levante in a system he never played before in.

Need to see more from him to get a proper judgment.

Home of Barca Fans