17 - Jeison Murillo

El Gato

Villarato!
Poor sporting decision to bring the player in on loan when it's clear any reinforcement is likely to see significant minutes - De Ligt might be the longterm answer but more credible veterans short-term are unquestionably available

Huh? Nonsense. Veterans are a complete waste of everyone's time. They won't improve, they won't grow attached to the club, they won't compete with younger more physical players, they know they're basically arriving for a 6 month risk-free chill at a big club. Younger guys who come in for short term nearly always put in 110%, particularly when there is an option to buy. If Murillo comes in with a chip on his shoulder to prove every other club was using him wrong or was wrong about him, then you basically found yourself a rotation player for years to come.

Good signing this. After an avalanche of ridiculous names mentioned in this thread this is the kind of player Barca should be taking chances on.

Devils

Colombia produces the finest cocaine and women in the world, no reason why it shouldn't produce a fine defender for FC Barcelona.

Welcome Murillo!

Leo_Messi

Colombia produces the finest cocaine and women in the world, no reason why it shouldn't produce a fine defender for FC Barcelona.

Welcome Murillo!

Venezuela next door disagrees about the women part. So do I. It's all about the Spanish/Iberian and Latin mixture anyway.:pique1:

[tw]1075807792043311109[/tw]

Medical PASSED.

Announcement in a few minutes!

I highly doubt that the club will ever trigger such a buyout clause. Murillo is really nothing special. He will most likely do the job but nothing more than that. I am, as written earlier, not his biggest fan. I usually don't like rash defenders like him but that aggressiveness might come in handy at times given the more timid nature of all of our other center backs. He has decent pace and a decent passing game which probably was what made the club prefer him over the likes of Skrtel, Ivanovic etc. Familiar with the league, Spain, the language, culture and him being a EU-citizen are added bonuses. 2 million euros is an acceptable loan fee too.

I would not be surprised if Denis Suárez ends up going the other way. Not on loan that is. Although Marcelino (who knows Denis well from their time at Villarreal) discarded the option of a midfield signing last week, Super Deporte (the local paper covering Valencia) speculates that this might not be the case.

https://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2018/12/19/opcion-deni-suarez/396863.html

Not sure if it should be ruled out completely.

Either that or some richer clubs in England for instance (preferably) will show interest and buy him this January.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]1075820304025432065[/tw]

Valencia confirms he joins on loan with an option to buy.

Edit: Damn Devils!

PhilS

So, I take it he can be available as soon as the first game in January?

Is he cup-tied for the Champions League this year, not available for Barca because he has already played in this year's CL for Valencia?

The team was starting to get a little thin on the back line, the total of three healthy center backs plus fullbacks was almost too few.

soul24rage

So, I take it he can be available as soon as the first game in January?

Is he cup-tied for the Champions League this year, not available for Barca because he has already played in this year's CL for Valencia?

The team was starting to get a little thin on the back line, the total of three healthy center backs plus fullbacks was almost too few.

no he's not cuptied for CL. That rule has changed.
Is he cuptied for the Copa del Rey? He's more likely to feature in those matches I think.

Home of Barca Fans