14 - Javier Mascherano

dalitis8

Banned
Inter also acting stupid with their ridiculous bid for Mascherano. At this rate he will be going nowhere. Wish people would understand - we paid £18M for him 3 years ago, he has since become an even better footballer. Why the hell would we then sell him for LESS than the amount we originally paid when he still has 2 years to run on his contract?
And Mascherano is also being very silly in wanting to go to Barca. He won't be a regular there because we know Barca prefer Catalan players like Busquets to play regularly, even if they are inferior players.
And Barca are also taking a risk by wanting to sign such an unprofessional footballer like Mascherano.

You will sell him below his real value because you are in trouble on all-fronts...because he wants to leave....because he wants to come to Barca...and because he told you that he is not willing to play for you anymore...it's a complex world...contracts are neither the beginning nor the end...

You think Pep would keep Busquets on the bench after putting so much effort into making him a starter? I don't think so.

The Inter semi may have slightly altered his mind....

...and why have Busquets as a starter rather than Javier Mascherano...

XaviMessiGirl

I rate Busi as well....but as an indisputable starter???? No way...Masch is better...

...I don't think it's very appropriate to support two major clubs(alright,one major club and an ex-major club) especially of such diverse cultures and playing styles....

Masch is better but it would be seriously fucked up if we just shoved him over for Masch after we worked with him all last season to make him into a starter.

And I can support who I want, what does it matter to you? I like both leagues and support one club from each. It's not like they're exactly rivals in Europe either (even when Liverpool are in CL), so I see no conflicting loyalties.

XaviMessiGirl

You see?! You see what it feels like?! :lol:

People are so god damn touchy. I would see a problem if I claimed to support Barca and RM, or Liverpool and Man Utd, because that's completely against what all these clubs are about and their history. Supporting two rival teams is wrong to me. However, a lot of people watch more than one league so it's not an odd thing that I would like both Barca and Liverpool.

XaviMessiGirl

Why you are explaining yourself to anyone is beyond me.

Meh, it's something that multiple people have found odd or wrong on here, I was just saying what I think, if he still has a problem with it then whatever, I'm not going to keep arguing with him because a few people's opinions on the internet don't change my support.

Pepe Silvia

Meh, it's something that multiple people have found odd or wrong on here, I was just saying what I think, if he still has a problem with it then whatever, I'm not going to keep arguing with him because a few people's opinions on the internet don't change my support.
Spoken like a champ.

Pepe Silvia

Don't know man but what do you think about Masch and Busi runnin' on the same pitch? Something about a double pivot how does that work

XaviMessiGirl

So anyway, back on topic. IF we do a formation change that allows both Busi and Masch to play and be happy, then I guess I could get behind it because that was my main complaint about this signing.

I'm still bitter about how he's treating Liverpool right now though, successful or not, whether you want to leave or not, acting like this is not okay before a deal has even been reached, because if things go sour and no deal happens, then all he did was lose the support of a bunch of fans, and who knows how this is going over in the Liverpool dressing room as well. But if he comes to Barca, plays his heart out while not ousting Busi, then my Barca self can't complain.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
badger sits deeper and acts as a sweeper in front of the back four, busquets operates a similar role but has more license to move forward and get involved with play. it offers us great stability while retaining a creative edge. could be very good if we have injury problems in defence (and need to protect some canteranos) or even with iniesta.

where this can really help is against a team that employs a creative CM/AM that runs the show, because we can sick one of the pivots on them (like busquets on sneijder in the world cup final) and shut down the opponents while not really depriving ourselves of a good midfield shape.

Home of Barca Fans