14 - Javier Mascherano

F

Flavia

I am. Elche's guy was miles away from the ball. It wasn't that dangerous and the foul was unnecessary.

Bravo should have done better too, for that matter. Should have come out to clear the ball.

Miles away from the ball? :lol:

He was running in front of Masch, with the ball at his feet. Ready to be 1-on-1 against Bravo, and score. Masch was red carded because he was the last man.

Miles away from tha ball? :lol:

He was running in front of Masch, with the ball at his feet. Ready to be 1-on-1 against Bravo, and score. Masch was red carded because he was the last man.

Watch it again. The guy's bad first touch sent the ball quite a distance away from him.

Busquets fucked up, but so did Masch.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Watch it again. The guy's bad first touch sent the ball quite a distance away from him.

Uhm, nope. He would still get to it without a problem. And he could've scored. Masch was clumsy, but it was not his fault Busi decided to assist the opposition.
Masch wasn't out of position.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not think it was Busi's fault. Headers like that happen. It was the back line's task to cover such things and they fucked up. Someone was responsible and was too far up the field.
I am glad we won the game and have enough CBs so Masche's suspension should be no problem. He had a very good game before.

Alarcón

Someone should tell the defenders that they should always be twice as attentive when Busquets heads a ball tbf.

On another note, I still struggle to see what Mascherano offers that Bartra doesn't.

JamDav1982

Someone should tell the defenders that they should always be twice as attentive when Busquets heads a ball tbf.

On another note, I still struggle to see what Mascherano offers that Bartra doesn't.

Masch was one of the best players on the park up until the red card and was spraying the ball about like Rafa Marquez in his prime!

He also reads the game better than Bartra and covers huge ground to plug gaps left at back.

FC B

Toughness, leadership, workrate...

+ better vision, way better passing skills and much more experience, imo.

Tonight he payed for the mistake of Busquets but also for his slight imprudence of staying a bit to close from the attackers legs.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I do not think it was Busi's fault. Headers like that happen. It was the back line's task to cover such things and they fucked up. Someone was responsible and was too far up the field.
I am glad we won the game and have enough CBs so Masche's suspension should be no problem. He had a very good game before.

Headers like that should never happen... Barça plays a high line. Busi killed the cbs with that header.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Don't blame Mascherano for Busquets screwup.

I completely agree...

EDIT: As Flavia said, those kind of headers should never happen, you can't blame the CBs for not being able to fix such a major screw up... You can't be like yeah let Busi do whatever stupid thing he wants, because the CBs should bail him out everytime...

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR

Headers like that should never happen... Barça plays a high line. Busi killed the cbs with that header.

Ok, I had not in mind that it was such an easy mistake. Thought it was a higher ball which Busi could barely reach. The defense should still cover up such mistakes with better positioning imo.

Home of Barca Fans