11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

We should simply refuse to pay that much. Desperate or not.

Pogba is still the second most expensive player in history in between all this madness, and what did he cost? 105-110m euros.

No way Dembele should cost more. 90m fixed fee max.

The club should leave this and come back next year and offer that. 90m max. Then it's upto Dembele and Dortmund to sort it out and see where their priorities are. Same with Coutinho.

Sign Seri and be done with the summer. This board and management are costing us big time, but that doesn't mean they go insane either.

What a board with a brain would do. The only reason we are in this situation in the first place is because of our shitty board. A reasonable one would see that next season is heavily compromised as is and wouldn't throw everything under the bus in order to salvage it.

BBZ8800

What a board with a brain would do. The only reason we are in this situation in the first place is because of our shitty board. A reasonable one would see that next season is heavily compromised as is and wouldn't throw everything under the bus in order to salvage it.

I am also leaning towards this.
If our options are: Coutinho for 150 and Dembele for 150, then don't buy them.
Buy Seri and a defender, and maybe some random winger for 20-30M.

Dembele and Coutinho will make a fuss till the next summer. We will buy someone for 100M in 2018.
Plus, proven guys like Griezmann have a fixed buyout 100M next summer, where a selling club can't ask 150M for a youngster with 30 good matches in his career.

Yannik

I really have no idea where Bvb's evaluation comes from.

not ever tired of posting this:

• Selling club is obliged to pay 25% of the fee to Rennes.
  • Selling club knows Barcelona have atleast 222ME in cash.
  • Selling club economically does not have to sell.
  • Selling club does not want to sell.
  • Selling club has no time to an ample replacement and hence requires the be extraordinarily compensated, rightfully so.
  • Selling club knows other "superstar" talent Mbappe is quoted even higher figures.
  • Selling club knows Barca is in desperate need to sign a replacement for Neymar

1st offer 115m,
asking price 150m
There's literally just a 30% difference of expactions here. Agreement likely to be somewhere in the middle.

Clearly BVB is therefor not trying to avoid this deal in total, they just milk you for it.
And you don't give a fuck about promises or shit, you are just bloody mad your club is getting milked and you don't want that. Blame your bord for being this dumb to even get you here, not BVB because they are smarter than Barto and hence abusing that intellectual advantage.

puri

I really have no idea where Bvb's evaluation comes from.

Another point is, imo, Dembele and others have a right to act like a dick, force a move and try to lower a price.

For example:
Bvb is asking 150M
Barca is offering 110M max.
Dembele has every right to fake that he is sick and not play matches.

People will reply: he has a contract, he has to play.
But there is a thing when your employee is a dick.
So, Dembele should boycot.
You will reply: he won't get wages. So what? He will get 2

That's a load of BS. You NEVER have the right to fake illness.
I don't know how you are qualified to know what an appropriate pricing model is, but just to for an example. For the 18 year ol Player Mbappe a sum of 180M is quoted and likely. So Dortmund are offering Demeble at a bargain price actually. Dortmund is no selling Club btw. By that reasoning barca is one as well. We're and economicyll Sound Club. But we only sell if we HAVE to. As I wrote before. We only sell Players in their last year of contract and we don't accept Buy out clauses since Götze. We should raise the price to 180 like Monaco.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No big deal.

We can wait till next year. We won't have the Neymar money then and could offer less. If BVB still reject it, Dembele might go crazy.

And it's not like Dortmund never signed a player whose team didn't want him to leave and had a long contract.

This happens with and to every single team, and every team tries to lowball others and take the advantage of a situation. Dortmund can try to milk us now because it's late in August, but can they next year? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Garrus

I also agree with this, Get seri and close the window, I know an entire season sound like an eternity but we'll survive,
They want keep unhappy players, Fine, Let them deal with the mess, We've been more than reasonable with our offers.
Of course, There is the elephant in the room, Which is this plan will not happen, There is a "no confidence" census coming soon, And if barto doesn't bring a star player now, He'll get the axe for sure.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We will end up paying that 150m I guess. 100+50 or even 120+30 if they still don't negotiate. Fuck that is a lot of money, Mbappe is 180M now. Both these are making even neymar transfer a bargain. Fuck you PSG.

blackrum

No big deal.

We can wait till next year. We won't have the Neymar money then and could offer less. If BVB still reject it, Dembele might go crazy.

Or Jair Ventura's dreams come true and Neyboy convinces him to join PSG. :nasser:

Too much speculation for me atm. A first bid was rejected; I'd see what the second offer would be and how Dortmund would react in light of recent developments. I doubt the 150M up front figure.

Yannik

Dembélé isn't very smart either. Could've just asked for a release clause no? According to this forum "BVB should even be thankful that his grace elected them above the others" so clearly there should've been room for such demands when they discussed his contract, don't you think? Can't act like the victim when it was you who was being the dumbo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Or Jair Ventura's dreams come true and Neyboy convinces him to join PSG. :nasser:

Too much speculation for me atm. A first bid was rejected; I'd see what the second offer would be and how Dortmund would react in light of recent developments. I doubt the 150M up front figure.

Bigger chance of that happening to Coutinho given their history tbh.

@Jair Ventura is just delusional. Not too long ago he said Lucas was better than Neymar and that PSG would sign X and Y player which never ended up happening.

Dembélé isn't very smart either. Could've just asked for a release clause no? According to this forum "BVB should even be thankful that his grace elected them above the others" so clearly there should've been room for such demands when they discussed his contract, don't you think? Can't act like the victim now.

If they agreed to sell him to Barca even without a release clause, if it's true, then it's not the player's fault for thinking the club would keep its word.

And yeah, agreeing to sell means being reasonable, not trying to milk everything out someone potentially ending up in the buying team pulling out of negotiations due to crazy demands.

Besides, Dortmund apparently fucked over Rennes too even though the latter got a sell-on percentage out of it. Dortmund shouldn't complain when they do the same to others. It's a part of the business.

Last edited:

Garrus

I don't know how you are qualified to know what an appropriate pricing model is, but just to for an example. For the 18 year ol Player Mbappe a sum of 180M is quoted and likely. So Dortmund are offering Demeble at a bargain price actually. Dortmund is no selling Club btw. By that reasoning barca is one as well. We're and economicyll Sound Club. But we only sell if we HAVE to. As I wrote before. We only sell Players in their last year of contract and we don't accept Buy out clauses since Götze. We should raise the price to 180 like Monaco.
We're not PSG, We're not a club backed by a state with limitless amount of money, We can't offer anything close to what PSG is Mbappe.
Your club knows that, We know that, And dembele knows that, which again bring us back full circle, So asking us to pay 150m for dembele, The only club he wants to go to, Is dortmund saying we're not selling him... Then Have fun having dembele in your team after that, We'll enjoy watching the drama and the mess from far away.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Mbappe is not worth 180, lol.

About the other things in your post, with that logic, currently NONE of Top20 clubs in the world is in need for money.
So, basically, all clubs are rich currently and no one is forced to sell.

We should forget about transfers between Top20 clubs anymore, right?
No one is willing to sell and the only option is to get a player from your youth academy, or buying a new gem from Brasil, Nice, Ajax, Palermo, Valencia and similar.

If we really came to a part where NONE of top teams are willing to sell, then we should close the shop.
Barca should put a 400M buyout for our players.
We should stop pursuing any player in the world, and we should just start to scout like crazy and buy 5 young Dembeles each summer for 20M (from smaller teams) and then wait and develop them.

There are 2 options:
1. Liverpool and Bvb are faking and are always open for a sale, at a right price
2. teams are really NOT interesting in selling anymore

About that part about illness.
Who can force you to play?
You can say that you have family/personal problems and you can't play currently.
Again, what can you do to a player? Will you sell him (lol) as a punishment or what?
As I have said, if you won't give me wages, who cares? I'll survive.

Last edited:

vlad

We will end up paying that 150m I guess. 100+50 or even 120+30 if they still don't negotiate. Fuck that is a lot of money, Mbappe is 180M now. Both these are making even neymar transfer a bargain. Fuck you PSG.

But why do you blame PSG? They got wc player, top 3 in the world and probably best marketing player out there, these 222 m they will return pretty easily, i say fuck barca if they are planning to pay 150 m for a talent, where is he on the list of top players, yes he could become wc player also he can be next robinho

Yannik

We're not PSG, We're not a club backed by a state with limitless amount of money, We can't offer anything close to what PSG is Mbappe.
Your club knows that, We know that, And dembele knows that, which again bring us back full circle, Asking for 150m is like saying we're not selling.

You can't offer anything close to that? My sources are saying you have 222m lying around. :coffee:

Trouble is, the club is basically run by politicians.

If if helps Barto's short term survival from his perspective, he will pay. Simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans