11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who says that was the case? In either case they don't screw him at all, they are in fact negotiating his sale.

They're not negotiating anything if they're insistent on 120m up front and 30m in easily achievable bonuses. That's a demand that says it's that or nothing, showing little room for flexibility or actual negotiations.

Barca should withdraw from such negotiations.

Yannik

They're not negotiating anything if they're insistent on 120m up front and 30m in easily achievable bonuses.

Barca should withdraw from such negotiations.

of course they are. Barca has already made offers, there is officially a negotiation going on.

puri

Well Dortmund is negotiating after all. Seeing as wel NEVER sold a starter who wasn't in his last year of contract and hasn't had a Buy-out clause it's actually a testament to our agreement to Demeble. Without it we would've just shut you out no matter the price.

Seeing as Barca is desperate LATE in the Window. Full with cash and we would never be able to replace the player this late. I think the price isn't high enough actually. I'd want 150 straight up no Boni at all. Pretty nice of us that 120 +30 is even in consideration. We have to think of ourselves here, we want to Play for titles as well after all.
I'm pretty sure we didn't agree to let him go to barca for a Happy Meal.

GetIn

Well Dortmund is negotiating after all. Seeing as wel NEVER sold a starter who wasn't in his last year of contract and hasn't had a Buy-out clause it's actually a testament to our agreement to Demeble. Without it we would've just shut you out no matter the price.

Seeing as Barca is desperate LATE in the Window. Full with cash and we would never be able to replace the player this late. I think the price isn't high enough actually. I'd want 150 straight up no Boni at all. Pretty nice of us that 120 +30 is even in consideration. We have to think of ourselves here, we want to Play for titles as well after all.

MYF5zNagFh-8.png

BBZ8800

Who says that was the case? In either case they don't screw him at all, they are in fact negotiating his sale.

Negotiating a price of 150M for a player who is worth 60-70 max is actually saying: fck you, we won't let you go.

150M for Dembele is more or less (I am exagerrating, but you'll get the point), like asking 500 or 700M for Neymar.
So, asking for a 150M is more or less saying: we won't sell you.
Unless if these idiots actually pay these beyond crazy sum (at least 2x times overpaid).

Dembele could be the biggest expensive flop since Saviola and Quaresma (similar hyped youngsters).
Everything above 100M is beyond crazy and almost rude.

If he flops, his price could easily drop to 40-50M next summer.

Yannik

Negotiating a price of 150M for a player who is worth 60-70 max is actually saying: fck you, we won't let you go.

150M for Dembele is more or less (I am exagerrating, but you'll get the point), like asking 500 or 700M for Neymar.

Dembele could be the biggest expensive flop since Saviola and Quaresma (similar hyped youngsters).

and? Don't see how that's Dortmunds problem tbh. This is simple business. You want something I have and I didn't originally want to sell, here is my price. You seem to demand "fair prices", but that's not how it works, the price is determined by the market and the circumstances here.

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

l think Rasenball will win a league title before Dortmund.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should simply refuse to pay that much. Desperate or not.

Pogba is still the second most expensive player in history in between all this madness, and what did he cost? 105-110m euros.

No way Dembele should cost more. 90m fixed fee max.

The club should leave this and come back next year and offer that. 90m max. Then it's upto Dembele and Dortmund to sort it out and see where their priorities are. Same with Coutinho.

Sign Seri and be done with the summer. This board and management are costing us big time, but that doesn't mean they go insane either.

Garrus

Less than two weeks ago, The highest transfer fee in entire history was 105m, Now the 100m and 120m we're offering for dembele are considered happy meals?
Trust me i fully understand dortmund reasonings to play hard ball, It makes sense, But if you were honest, Including everyone else, You agree dembele has every **cking right to be pissed off, And boycott training, Tell your local german new papers that, As apparently they're "shocked and appalled by dembele behavior"
2 weeks ago 105m was history, Now 120m can't seem to get him out of dortmund?, What?!!!
He has every right to be a dick, Just as dortmund have every right to milk us.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You said:
1. Bvb is negotiating and are willing to let a player go to his dream club
2. I am saying that asking 150M for Dembele is more or less showing that they aren't letting him go and aren't helping to a player
So, on paper, they are negotiationg, but due to an absurd condition/price, it is more or less 99% a NO.

Analogy:
1. you ask a girl out
2. she says: maybe. But only if you go to a Moon and back tomorrow, to show me that you love me
So, a poor guy may think: so, there is a chance?
In reality: No. There isn't a chance. She gave you an absurd condition which basically means 99,999999999999999999% no since there is no way that you will go to Moon and back.

This is what Borussia is doing.
"oh, we are willing to let you go. And let you follow your dreams.
But for 150M. The 2nd most expensive transfer ever.
For a guy with 50-ish matches on a highest level.

So, Borussia is helping him and negotiating only on paper.
In reality they said no, and are asking for an absurd condition which means NO, for every sane buying club.

puri

Less than two weeks ago, The highest transfer fee in entire history was 105m, Now the 100m and 120m we're offering for dembele are considered happy meals?
Trust me i fully understand dortmund reasonings to play hard ball, It makes sense, But if you were honest, Including everyone else, You agree dembele has every **cking right to be pissed off, And boycott training, Tell your local german new papers that.
2 weeks ago 105m was history, Now 120m can't seem to get him out of dortmund?, He has every right to be a dick, Just as dortmund have every right to milk us.

Really ? Sorry I disagree. He has signed a contract. The fees are what the market demands after all. If Neymar was worth 222 Netto. Demeble is worth 150 Brutto easily. Especially seeing what Mappe Lukaku etc are priced at.

Yannik

You said:
1. Bvb is negotiating and are willing to let a player go to his dream club
2. I am saying that asking 150M for Dembele is more or less showing that they aren't letting him go and aren't helping to a player
So, on paper, they are negotiationg, but due to an absurd condition/price, it is more or less 99% a NO.

You do realise Barca can easily finance this and is actually offering money in those heights already? They had a 115m€ bid rejected, that was just the first offer made. Your analogy doesn't quite fit, because Dortmund evaluation clearly doesn't come from nowehere, and Barca seems to be actually ready to up in those heights that you deem "impossible".

In fact, in that analogy you made, the girl asks a guy that actually owns a rocket, but is just reluctant to use it.

puri

Oh please. I've had it with the "dream Club" Business. They're making millions playing the game they most likely love. It's not sophie's choice here- He's 20 years old with y 5 year contract in a top10 Club in the world. He's all the time to go to barca. Or not. Why should BVB care ? They're negoiating in a way which they feel the market is demanding. Either way Dembele will Play at his best or he'll ruin his own career. Either Barca value him at the same price or they don't and buy another Player.

Trickykid

So, asking for a 150M is more or less saying: we won't sell you.
Unless if these idiots actually pay these beyond crazy sum (at least 2x times overpaid).

Considering how you said this not long ago:

Plus, we will quite likely win tons of titles with Dembele+Coutinho.

...I'm surprised you don't rate Dembele more than 60m.
What then should be the price for winning tons of titles?

BBZ8800

You do realise Barca can easily finance this and is actually offering money in those heights already? They had a 115m€ bid rejected, that was just the first offer made. Your analogy doesn't quite fit, because Dortmund evaluation clearly doesn't come from nowehere, and Barca seems to be actually ready to up in those heights that you deem "impossible".

In fact, in that analogy you made, the girl asks a guy that actually owns a rocket, but is just reluctant to use it.

I really have no idea where Bvb's evaluation comes from.

Another point is, imo, Dembele and others have a right to act like a dick, force a move and try to lower a price.

For example:
Bvb is asking 150M
Barca is offering 110M max.
Dembele has every right to fake that he is sick and not play matches.

People will reply: he has a contract, he has to play.
But there is a thing when your employee is a dick.
So, Dembele should boycot.
You will reply: he won't get wages. So what? He will get 2-3-4x times more at Barca, he will survive.
A 2nd reply could be: if he won't play, he will hurt his chances in a World cup year.

So, basically:
1. a selling club WON'T sell him in the first place and is putting absurd conditions
2. then, if a player starts a boycot, his club won't play him and ruin both itself (a club) and player's chances to play a World cup
So, who is a dick again in this story for the 2nd time?
What does it say?
1. we won't sell you
2. and if you'll boycot, we will ruin your career, if needed

Awesome, cool guys.

At the end of the day, you have:
1. a buying club. They want him
2. a selling club. They don't want to sell
3. a player. He wants to go.
2 versus 1.

Personally, if I were a player:
1. I would boycot a training and matches. You want to give me a fine? Give me a fine.
2. you will bench me for the whole season? Fine. Bench me

Do this and a club will surely sell you either in January or in the next summer.

Dembele will survive with 3-4 Months without playing. That is the same as a random long term injury.

You can come to Real or Barca only once.
Do everything what you can, man.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans