11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Total-Football

I think mentally also he is not strong.. apparently not all players are endowed with mental strenght.. When he plays as a subtitute he enters the pitch sulky, as if offended to play so few a minutes..
By contrast, i remember when capello sent beckham to the stands in a most humiliating fashion when he took over real madrid. Beckham stayed silent, trained with the team.. Injuries invaded the squad so capello had to call him and put him in the bench.. had given him 10 minutes and 15 minutes.. and beckham performed and played his best version.. eventually Beckham became a starter and Real Madrid won Laliga over ronaldinhos Barca. That, is mental strenght and perseverance.. Beckham was amongst the biggest players in the world and never complained.. short version. those few minutes are not an excuse for Dembele for underperforming, rather furthers exposes another weakness in him.

Messigician

Well, Dembélé only played 7 minutes, but Barça drew. apart from Messi, no one scores a goal.
they did not win without Dembélé.

Not the midfields job to score their job is to control the game which they did more so than they would with Dembele.

Maxim4

I think mentally also he is not strong.. apparently not all players are endowed with mental strenght.. When he plays as a subtitute he enters the pitch sulky, as if offended to play so few a minutes..
By contrast, i remember when capello sent beckham to the stands in a most humiliating fashion when he took over real madrid. Beckham stayed silent, trained with the team.. Injuries invaded the squad so capello had to call him and put him in the bench.. had given him 10 minutes and 15 minutes.. and beckham performed and played his best version.. eventually Beckham became a starter and Real Madrid won Laliga over ronaldinhos Barca. That, is mental strenght and perseverance.. Beckham was amongst the biggest players in the world and never complained.. short version. those few minutes are not an excuse for Dembele for underperforming, rather furthers exposes another weakness in him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Arnaez

Honestly I think and hope he is sold, why waste time hoping these kinds of players come good? Hopefully not another Fabregas scenario of trying to fit in a player who doesn't really deliver.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

He should be sold, why waste time hoping these kinds of players come good? Hopefully not another Fabregas scenario of trying to fit in a player who doesn't really deliver.

Well, he won us quite a few points this league campaign, you know. The problem is that comes with a lot of turnovers. I still think that he would do great, if he was playing on the less congested RW.

Maxim4

Honestly I think and hope he is sold, why waste time hoping these kinds of players come good? Hopefully not another Fabregas scenario of trying to fit in a player who doesn't really deliver.
he saved a lot of points for Barça this season. Valverde's big mistake was to get him out of 11th.

khaled_a_d

Definitely. And of course in Suarez's place...

No way, unless we push Pique as number 9
Suarez being as shit as he is, he is the one who makes defense work the most from our team, him being able to play with his back to to the goal is also essential aspect for Messi current game.
Dembele should have been subbed early nevertheless

Alik

Not the midfields job to score their job is to control the game which they did more so than they would with Dembele.

We controlled the game more because we played with a midfielder in the wing.

We gained more control but sacrificed more attacking threat.

I don't think we played badly, but Dembele should have been subbed in earlier in the match.

Arnaez

he saved a lot of points for Barça this season. Valverde's big mistake was to get him out of 11th.

I don't think Valverde ever rated him, he didn't play in the big games last season or the two biggest games this year. Just given chances in the easy games and besides a few good moments he's a huge liability, just fumbles the ball over and over..

Messigician

I don't think Valverde ever rated him, he didn't play in the big games last season or the two biggest games this year. Just given chances in the easy games and besides a few good moments he's a huge liability, just fumbles the ball over and over..

The Chelsea game?

FCBfan22

And that's because he's a player who needs space. Ernie was playing him this year in the most congested part of the pitch, with Alba and Coutinho, who both like to bomb forward, next to him. Even Suarez and Messi drift to the left side occasionally.

Remember, last year, he was creating chance after chance. Now, he is scoring more, but he is completely shit creativily, because he needs some space.

Home of Barca Fans