11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

vlad

If barca decide to sell him, im wondering how much money they will get for him, he isnt 100m player for sure, not even on today's crazy market.

Givenchy

If barca decide to sell him, im wondering how much money they will get for him, he isnt 100m player for sure, not even on today's crazy market.

if we cant get atleast 100mil, theres no way we'll sell him. i think the Barca move came too early for him, its a shame he burned bridges at Dortmund as we could of loaned him back for a season

BBZ8800

No guarantee that he won't either. We risk selling someone who will turn out to be a very good player and regretting later.

A theoretical question: when will he be a good player?
If he will turn into one soon, fine.
If he'll turn into great somewhere else aged 27, who cares?

We can't wait for a player, theoretically, 4-5-6 years.
That's a 150m transfer and 25m for wages, that's 150m+100m=250m.
Too much money if you need to wait 4-5 years.
A finished product Coutinho was paid "only" 165m.

For that money (250m), instead of waiting, you can just buy Hazard, De Bruyne, Salah, Griezmann, more or less anyone, get a player on his prime and play him RIGHT away.

Last edited:

Givenchy

That's a 150m transfer and 25m for wages, that's 150m+125m=275m.

in the right setup hes already a 'good player', he has potential to be a future ballon d'or winner. if he turns great somewhere else, who cares? thats Mourinho type logic right there.

we have one of the most talented youngsters in the world wasted because our manager can't develop youngsters.

people need to stop looking at the price tag, Coutinho isn't worth that money either, nobody is, Mbappe probably comes the closest to being worth it due to age-talent

wondering BBZ, if we did sell Dembele, who do we go for next? because we cant rely on slow, old players

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

That's a 150m transfer and 25m for wages, that's 150m+100m=250m.

For that money (250m), instead of waiting, you can just buy Hazard, De Bruyne, Salah, Griezmann, more or less anyone, get a player on his prime and play him RIGHT away.

You can't add future wage money into our current transfer coffer, it doesn't work like that. Plus, any of those players you name would have cost an equal amount of money wage wise, if not more. Nevertheless, more importantly, even if we had the money, which one of those players do you think we can actually get?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hazard want to join Real Madrid and be the main man in a team. De Bruyne won't leave Man City, he's in a perfect situation and setup with the perfect manager for him. Salah the same with Liverpool. Griezmann already rejected us.

All of these players will now cost 200m+, with the exception of possibly Hazard next year if he doesn't renew his contract.

If it's possible to get Hazard next summer though and Dembele is still struggling I would seriously consider offering Dembele + money for Hazard.

BBZ8800

You can't add future wage money into our current transfer coffer, it doesn't work like that. Plus, any of those players you name would have cost an equal amount of money wage wise, if not more. Nevertheless, more importantly, even if we had the money, which one of those players do you think we can actually get?

I would personally have ANYONE instead of Dembele. Or: a lot of players.

I was adding wages because people often say: BUT a player XX will be good in the future and he will cost more.

My point is:
Let's say that a player aged 21 costs 150 Millions.
But he will need 3-4 years of developing TO REACH a world class level.
In a case of Dembele, that means:
150 Millions paid for a transfer fee aged 21
Let's say 3 years of developing, that is 13M yearly (right?) for his wages and 13M for taxes.
That means that we would need to invest 150M for a transfer fee, and 26M yearly for him.
That is for 3 years of development: 150+3x26=228 Millions invested UNTIL a moment when a 24 years old player starts to play as good as expected.

Now, my point is:
= isn't it then easier and wiser to just buy a finished product like Coutinho for 165 Millions or Neymar for 222 Millions and what you see is what you get with them (from the day1)?
= instead of buying a what if player, wasting years, time and money for something which may or may not come

The only PRO in this this story is: if another club would have bought him, we couldn't get him later.
Well, Psg stole Neymar from us.
We stole Coutinho from Liverpool.
We almost stole Griezmann fom AM now.

Hazard and Pogba are somewhat available.
Other players like Salah, De Bruyne, Firmino, Kane, Eriksen weren't even tested properly by potential rich suitors.

All in all, instead of buying and developing 21 years old Dembele, I would personally, rather buy 25 year olds on their prime, for not too much higher transfers.

About eternal questions: whom could we buy?
= new players are superstars are emerging all the time

Firmino was almost a nobody 2 years ago.
Salah WAS a nobody a year and a half ago.
Mbappe didn't exist 2 years ago.

New kids are emerging each season.
And each season some player who was just good till then turns into out of this world level.

PhilS

OK, maybe he is getting beat out of the gala 11 right now, with Coutinho at forward and Arthur in midfield. This does not mean he is not already a very fine player, that he does not have big value to this team. He should still get on the field most games, start frequently, maybe 3000 total minutes a year. Top teams have to have real quality beyond the first 11. Barca lacked enough of this last season, I think it is on the roster this season.

Raketa10

Dembele is having a great season so far (5 goals in 9 games) so there is no room to be worried over him after one time he was benched. I TRULLY BELIEVE IN THIS KID. He already showed haters he can add another dimension to this team and he will show it again.

BBZ8800 I honestly don't understand why do you support Barca? 90% of things you admire are not part of Barca's philosophy and never were. You are talking about physical players and workhorses 24/7, you prefer much more direct football than we ever played, you don't believe in young players or La Masia. You should honestly think if Barca is a team that suits your philosophy because it for sure doesn't look like that.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You are talking about physical players and workhorses 24/7

Technique mixed with physique.
Football evolved.
I want to win.
Imo, you can't do it in 2018 with a classical Barca's style anymore.

you prefer much more direct football than we ever played

The same answer.
Football evolved.
We need to speed our game if we want to win a Champions league.

Since football evolved, yes, that will be the fastest Barca ever.

you don't believe in young players or La Masia.

I do believe in young kids from La Masia.
But in 1 out of 100/500, which is a realistic number how many of them are good enough for Barca's senior level.

I just want to win, I am not that sentimental towards players, not sentimental towards youngsters, and not THAT MUCH obsessed with beauty above anything.
I will give you that.

Home of Barca Fans