11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Maxim4

I don't think Valverde ever rated him, he didn't play in the big games last season or the two biggest games this year. Just given chances in the easy games and besides a few good moments he's a huge liability, just fumbles the ball over and over..

against seville this is a small match?

Total-Football

mods have to contain the trolling. that total-football guy is borderline coming across as a weirdo with his hatred

u the one trolling.. with me i see a player underperforming he gets called out.. be it dembele,messi or anyone. Obviously no one is pinning the draw on him thats illogical.

Tekkers

u the one trolling.. with me i see a player underperforming he gets called out.. be it dembele,messi or anyone. Obviously no one is pinning the draw on him thats illogical.

nah, ur just a weirdo. enjoy the few likes you get from polluting this guys thread because its obvious you need that validation.

Maxim4

And that's because he's a player who needs space. Ernie was playing him this year in the most congested part of the pitch, with Alba and Coutinho, who both like to bomb forward, next to him. Even Suarez and Messi drift to the left side occasionally.

Remember, last year, he was creating chance after chance. Now, he is scoring more, but he is completely shit creativily, because he needs some space.
Dembélé did not even play this game.
if Barça lost it's not his fault.
your hatred on Dembele is real.

FinBarcelonafan

And that's because he's a player who needs space. Ernie was playing him this year in the most congested part of the pitch, with Alba and Coutinho, who both like to bomb forward, next to him. Even Suarez and Messi drift to the left side occasionally.

Remember, last year, he was creating chance after chance. Now, he is scoring more, but he is completely shit creativily, because he needs some space.

Just keep him on right. Alba and Coutinho can keep the left side.

FCBfan22

Dembélé did not even play this game.
if Barça lost it's not his fault.
your hatred on Dembele is real.

Read again. I'm speaking about the whole season. He is much better creatively, when he plays on the right. He also scored half of his goals this season from the right, because Messi and Suarez told him to mid-game.

I'm just saying, that we would be better if we utilized him on RW instead of playing him in congestion that is our left side of the attack.

Read again.

Maxim4

Honestly I think and hope he is sold, why waste time hoping these kinds of players come good? Hopefully not another Fabregas scenario of trying to fit in a player who doesn't really deliver.

If Barça is second in the championship, it's not Dembélé's fault. he did not even play.

Potroh

And that's because he's a player who needs space.

Well, that's a common misconception. He may need space when you want him to play the original "Neymar-role" but at the same time he is the only one there who is able to score from long shots, which is absolutely needed when there are 10 defenders in two lines.
Coutinho is the one also capable of doing that but only with his right foot, whereas Dembele is able to do that with both feet, which makes a lot of difference and it is an advantage.

Barca could have won the game if Messi's right foot was as good as his left.
The sole player who is able to score with both feet is Suarez, but nowadays he is like his own shadow, so the logical experiment would have been to at least try the Messi-Dembele-Coutinho trio for some period...

Givenchy

we should of left Dembele at Dortmund to develop. the board see Coutinho at LW, Suarez is undroppable and obviously Messi is the 1st name on the teamsheet. we paid a record fee for a raw, 21 year old Dembele who needed playing time to develop only to then spend another record fee on Coutinho. thats 2 undroppable (because of the fee) players fighting for the same position and this is while the team was lacking in other areas..

the board fucked up and its ended up with EV trying to play some fuckboi 442 to fit everyone in. also, if the plan was to go big on the CL, why buy a youngster who will frustrate and need time, when you could of got Hazard whos in his prime?

Maxim4

I think mentally also he is not strong.. apparently not all players are endowed with mental strenght.. When he plays as a subtitute he enters the pitch sulky, as if offended to play so few a minutes..
By contrast, i remember when capello sent beckham to the stands in a most humiliating fashion when he took over real madrid. Beckham stayed silent, trained with the team.. Injuries invaded the squad so capello had to call him and put him in the bench.. had given him 10 minutes and 15 minutes.. and beckham performed and played his best version.. eventually Beckham became a starter and Real Madrid won Laliga over ronaldinhos Barca. That, is mental strenght and perseverance.. Beckham was amongst the biggest players in the world and never complained.. short version. those few minutes are not an excuse for Dembele for underperforming, rather furthers exposes another weakness in him.

you are really a troll!

Maxim4

Including the absence of Eriksen, Dele Ali and Dembélé for the match against Tottenham which made this victory an illusion

DEMBÉLÉ should not have left the composition of eleven of the departure, otherwise he would lack creativity.
We have seen tonight that is missing a dribbler that breaks the lines!

Raki13

Ridiculous putting him on in the last 7 minutes , manager is an embarrassment and should thank god he has Messi to get him out of trouble almost every match.

Home of Barca Fans