11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Maxim4

The best ingredients in the world doesn't make the best dishe. Though Dembele is far from being a great talent so he can make up for his low football IQ. I'm absolutely confident that he as no future at Barça.
Until now, without Dembélé, Barca will be 6th in the standings.
He saves Barcelona to Sociadad, Valladolid, Huesca and the Champions League.

Maxim4

The best ingredients in the world doesn't make the best dishe. Though Dembele is far from being a great talent so he can make up for his low football IQ. I'm absolutely confident that he as no future at Barça.

I also ask the question if you also have a future on this forum.
do you eat well?
do you dress well?
do you have a job to live better?
at least if we work and live well we will take pleasure and have less hatred towards others!

Maxim4

Both goals are mistakes made by Coutinho.
in the second half, he lets the opponent make a center that brings the first goal.
A minute after Umtiti gave him a pass, Coutinho made a blind pass completely missed and that will bring the second goal.

I wonder if anyone here knows how to draw a penalty.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0b3kRUP8yc

soul24rage

Both goals are mistakes made by Coutinho.
in the second half, he lets the opponent make a center that brings the first goal.
A minute after Umtiti gave him a pass, Coutinho made a blind pass completely missed and that will bring the second goal.

I wonder if anyone here knows how to draw a penalty.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0b3kRUP8yc

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with what you're saying about the first goal. It was all on Pique as if you see after the pass was made to the left winger, Pique was ball watching and not caring that Umtiti had to deal with two players at once. Vermaelen could have done better but that wouldn't happened if Pique was more alert and stopped ball watching.

The 2nd goal, yeah Coutinho's partly responsible for that initial horrible pass, but really that goal should have been easily dealt with if it wasn't for Pique wanting to assist the Leganes player.

BBZ8800

I'm not sure what people are expecting right now. we have a manager who has no clue how to handle youth and has us playing like a fucking Mourinho team, its not that suprising our attackers bar Messi look shit and clueless. Malcom will get his chance now and it'll be the same 'i dont think he has a future at Barca'. they have a solid future here once we get rid of EV and return to some form of attacking football, until then nothing will change. Dembele is raw and needs to be developed, maybe his move from Dortmund was a few years too early but Neymar left us up shit creek without a paddle.

Malcom will be next in the firing line, Arthur, Semedo and Dembele. are these players bang average or could it be EV has no idea what hes doing?

look at Dembele in his time at Dortmund and you'll see why his name was up there with the Mbappe's, he needs a manager that believes in him and plays to his (and our) strengths

It is hard to tell what will happen.
1. maybe we have out of this world talent in our current attacking line
2. on the other hand, I am starting to believe that bar Messi, our current attacking line: questionable kid Dembele, even more questionable kid Malcom from a midtable French team, Munir, Paco and 31 old past his prime Suarez are probably the worst Barca's attacking line since early 2000s and Saviola and Kluivert duo, after Rivaldo's department

In this moment I am starting to be afraid what will happen if we get a world class coach and Dembele&Malcom turn out to be the same as under EV.
Our fanbase will suffer a huge shock.

It seems that times have changed.
In the past, Barca had the money to buy the best attackers our there.
But today, with too many newly created rich oil clubs and EPL money, it seems that we aren't buying proven world class talents but just young "raw talents" who can turn into awesome players, or who could easily turn to be quite average players for a former Barca's standard.

Dembele had 67% passing accuracy BEFORE Barca.
And honestly, nobody knows anything about Malcom.

The sad truth for our future is: there is a very high chance that their flaws and limitations have absolutely nothing with how good or bad EV is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But today, with too many newly created rich oil clubs and EPL money, it seems that we aren't buying proven world class talents but just young "raw talents" who can turn into awesome players, or who could easily turn to be quite average players for a former Barca's standard.

Who are these "proven world class talents" that you are talking about?

Hazard? Asensio? Salah?

Givenchy

It is hard to tell what will happen.
1. maybe we have out of this world talent in our current attacking line
2. on the other hand, I am starting to believe that bar Messi, our current attacking line: questionable kid Dembele, even more questionable kid Malcom from a midtable French team, Munir, Paco and 31 old past his prime Suarez are probably the worst Barca's attacking line since early 2000s and Saviola and Kluivert duo, after Rivaldo's department

In this moment I am starting to be afraid what will happen if we get a world class coach and Dembele&Malcom turn out to be the same as under EV.
Our fanbase will suffer a huge shock.

Dembele had 67% passing accuracy BEFORE Barca.
And honestly, nobody knows anything about Malcom.

The sad truth for our future is: there is a very high chance that their flaws and limitations have absolutely nothing with how good or bad EV is.

1. currently we don't have anything out of this world apart from Messi. Dembele and to a lesser extent Malcom have potential to be special players in their own right if they develop. would you trust EV to develop them? because from what ive seen so far, he would rather play ultra safe not only in tactics but also personel, this will be strengthened now after his rotation epic fail.

if we get in another manager who plays more attacking football and Dembele shows no sign of improvement then yes he should go. im sick of this idea though that 'he must adapt and learn barcas style' what exactly is our style now anyway? we don't press, we don't have the Xaviesta duo for the outdated tikitaka. I was praising EV early on for adapting the style abit whilst getting results with lack of players at his disposal but now he has the players, heck our squad is alot better now but still the same shit on a stick mourinho football.

Dembele, Malcom, Semedo and Arthur with Alena, Puig etc should be an exciting time for the club but bar Dembele, I don't trust them to develop or get much time under EV. he'd rather play oldie slowcoach CB Vermaelen over our youngster backup LB against bottom of the league opposition

Last edited:

gatsu

I also ask the question if you also have a future on this forum.
do you eat well?
do you dress well?
do you have a job to live better?
at least if we work and live well we will take pleasure and have less hatred towards others!

Sorry mate but I don't take any pleasure seing my club crumbling year after year due to bad management decidions. For example, throwing more than 100 M to get a potential future prospect that is still very doubtfull talent wise.

Hazard

He isn't as good a dribbler as I initially thought. He's kind of like Bale in that aspect. Devastating with space but much easier to defend against with a low block.

vlad

He isn't as good a dribbler as I initially thought. He's kind of like Bale in that aspect. Devastating with space but much easier to defend against with a low block.

he needs space, it was already said, he would thrive in counter attacking team, but barca isnt that team, barca in 70% matches facing teams that defend with 2 blocks, my theory is, all current players at barca would do amazing in counter attacking setup, possession football with combination of counter attacking football would be perfekt, but valverde cant execute that and i dont see coach currently available who can (lucho did that perfectly i that 1 amazing season, barca´s most dominant season in CL, but 1 season is not enough), also such setup asks for more defensive discipline and much more moving on the pitch.

edit: maybe there is some undiscovered diamond among the coaches who could coach barca, but im not so much into football to see that, and that is job for scouts and barca board. Barca for a top teams gambles to much with coaches, and that "BARCA DNA" needs to stop, every other top team doesnt do that.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Who are these "proven world class talents" that you are talking about?

Hazard? Asensio? Salah?

I was talking about whom we were buying in the past.
Rivaldo, Kluivert, Ronaldinho, Etoo, Larsson, Henry, Villa.

Quite better attackers than current guys, bar Messi, whom we also didn't have too buy.

Dembele and Malcom for now look more similar to cases of Sonny Anderson, Giovanni Deiberson, Saviola, Quaresma, Simao Sabrosa.
They were all bought around 2000 and in early 00's.
Then we stopped buying young forwards for 15 years after those failures.
I have no idea why our board thought that it could be a good idea again.

BBZ8800

Dembele, Malcom, Semedo and Arthur with Alena, Puig etc should be an exciting time for the club but bar Dembele, I don't trust them to develop or get much time under EV. he'd rather play oldie slowcoach CB Vermaelen over our youngster backup LB against bottom of the league opposition

Imo, people are overrating the importance of a coach in development.
Of course that a coach matters, but players have their own path also.

When Xavi was aged 21-22-23, so in crucial years for development, he played under Serra Ferrer, Charlie Rexach and Radomir Antic.

Do these names sound better than Lucho, Ev, Tito and Tata?
Not really, except Antic.

So, for example, Xavi and Puyol played under crappy coaches and had crappy results in their formative years.

My point: a bad coach can slow you down, but good players will come good no matter what.
And average players will stay average even with 10 Peps in our club.

Raketa10

Imo, people are overrating the importance of a coach in development.
Of course that a coach matters, but players have their own path also.

When Xavi was aged 21-22-23, so in crucial years for development, he played under Serra Ferrer, Charlie Rexach and Radomir Antic.

Do these names sound better than Lucho, Ev, Tito and Tata?
Not really, except Antic.

So, for example, Xavi and Puyol played under crappy coaches and had crappy results in their formative years.

My point: a bad coach can slow you down, but good players will come good no matter what.
And average players will stay average even with 10 Peps in our club.

What's your point here? Xavi and Puyol were nowhere near as good under those managers like they were under Pep and Frank so this actually proves that a good coach is CRUCIAL! Do you honestly think that Xavi or Puyol would have had such wonderful careers if Valverde was a manager for those 5 years instead of Pep? Don't be silly. Manager is a crucial figure in every team especially when you are fighting against best teams on the planet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans