11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Shreddy

He finally seemed to settle in and playing but then Valverde decided to bench him again and when he comes on he looks afwul

Givenchy

I still have high hopes for him. But choosing Dembele over Mbappe, when they were available for nearly identical prices, was a wrong decision from the board. I mean, had we invested the same time, resources, patience, mentoring etc. on Mbappe, it would have had proved much more sense in the long term for this club. We would have got ourselves someone to built team around at. No offence to dembele, he definitely has tremendous potential ,but, he seems to me like more of a supporting player, who can win you matches, but not the whole tournaments. When Messi leaves, we will have to look at someone else to fill his shoes, someone to spearhead the attack which would cost us another 150M+(that too, a Gamble), because I doubt dembele doing that.

we never had that decision. Mbappe wanted the PSG move and all the 'hes a Madrid fan' bs meant nothing in the end. Dembele will be a monster for us if we can bring in a manager who actually plays him, same with Semedo. EV is fucking our players confidence, Mbappe would probably be in the same situation. Dembele is not another Neymar and hes not a goal scorer, i doubt he ever will be hes more of a creator and iirc Dortmund tried him at CAM a few times. when Messi does leave it will free up huge amounts of money on wages but like Iniesta and Xavi, there is no replacement.

I'd like to see us go for more of a pure #9 when Messi does go with Dembele the main creative force

Tekkers

would love to see him and mbappe together. what he did last year in the bundesliga was incredible, but this manager is not gonna cut it. so since barca have decided that they're sticking with valverde and he clearly has issues with dembele, for the sake of football fans, just please free up dembele. he's a generational talent whose rotting on the bench for the likes of roberto ffs

Afromaticz

Why did Barca even bother buying this kid if he doesn’t fit into the coach’s philosophy? It’s unfortunate but i think that Ous joined us at the wrong time. This kid would have been perfect a few seasons back.
Ous is basically asked to play as a wingback here lol did they ever watch him at Dortmund?
It still baffles me how he and a few others get benched after a poor performance whereas others such as Suarez, Roberto, Umtiti, Pique, Iniesta, Rakitic rarely get subbed.
You could swap Dembele with Sane or Mbappe and they would also be struggling in this Barca Team.

Tekkers

Why did Barca even bother buying this kid if he doesn’t fit into the coach’s philosophy? It’s unfortunate but i think that Ous joined us at the wrong time. This kid would have been perfect a few seasons back.
Ous is basically asked to play as a wingback here lol did they ever watch him at Dortmund?
It still baffles me how he and a few others get benched after a poor performance whereas others such as Suarez, Roberto, Umtiti, Pique, Iniesta, Rakitic rarely get subbed.
You could swap Dembele with Sane or Mbappe and they would also be struggling in this Barca Team.

psg would be unstoppable with that neymar-mbappe-dembele front three.

setting all feelings aside, as a football fan, first and foremost, i just want to see this guy succeed because he's a once-in-a-generation talent (two footed, pacey, agile, exceptional playmaking and dribbling, etc). you dont finish second in the ucl in assist as teenager by pure luck.

his potential is being wasted with this current manager and it'd be in the best interest of football fans to just sell him and let him flourish elsewhere. he's not a right wing back, and that seems what the manager (and some fans) want to convert him into, so it'd be better to simply part ways and let his true game as an attacker flourish elsewhere

Richard.H

Sad to see this talented kid get rotten on the bench. I really hope he goes somewhere where he will get regular starts instead of a team that destroys his career

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt he'll let go of his dream yet, but if Griezmann is signed and he's told he's not in the plans for the next season he's gone.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I doubt he'll let go of his dream yet, but if Griezmann is signed and he's told he's not in the plans for the next season he's gone.

Can't see how that would even be possible, considering how much trouble and money we went through to get him.

DonAK

Can't see how that would even be possible, considering how much trouble and money we went through to get him.

I doubt any player with dignity and ambition stays if his manager tells him he's not a part of his plans.

Won't be surprised in the slightest if Valverde simply doesn't want him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I doubt any player with dignity and ambition stays if his manager tells him he's not a part of his plans.

Won't be surprised in the slightest if Valverde simply doesn't want him.

That's not what I mean. I mean that I don't think the board would allow EV to freeze him out of the squad.

DonAK

That's not what I mean. I mean that I don't think the board would allow EV to freeze him out of the squad.

The board is not going to choose a player and a rookie at that over a manager.

Besides what's the point of Dembélé if Valverde want to play Mourinho football? Get him the players he want. Perhaps Mikel Rico is available this summer.

I hear Fellaini is available on a Free Transfer

ter Stegen

Roberto Pique Umtiti Alba

Griezmann Fellaini Busquets Coutinho

Messi Suarez

Or perhaps he'll bench Griezmann to play Paulinho at RM :thinking:

Last edited:

omidferoz

I don´t understand this transfer. Did our scout even watch him play? was this just a panic buy because of neymar leaving? why even bother buying him with that amount of money if we are not even using him. Why is valverde doing this to him... everytime he starts we win with a big margin and play great football, so why would we not use him? He has some flaws in his game but so does freaking suarez and he starts every damn game.

xXKonan

Right now Valverde is asking to much of Dembele in regards to defensive contribution right now.

We didn't pay all this money for Dembele a 20-21 year old player to have to handicap him to baby sit Roberto. Yeah I said it baby sit, there's no reason for us to be forcing a 20-21 year old kid to be defending like it's his main job and instead of utilizing him to his strengths.

If Valverde is so worried about the defense on the right side then stop playing Roberto at RB and play Semedo the only real RB we have. Don't give me that "Well Roberto is better going forward!!!" I don't give a shit, Roberto hasn't shown anything worth shit in ages now that he deserves to be the starting RB.

Having Semedo and Dembele on the right side you can Pace and attacking creativity especially from Dembele and you get Semedo who has the pace and is good at 1v1 defending which Roberto seriously lacks. We won't get Alves-Messi level stuff but you will get a much more balanced pair of players who can do more than the current setup and while utilising both players and their strengths.

Home of Barca Fans