11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Barcilliant

The board is not going to choose a player and a rookie at that over a manager.

Besides what's the point of Dembélé if Valverde want to play Mourinho football? Get him the players he want. Perhaps Mikel Rico is available this summer.

I hear Fellaini is available on a Free Transfer

ter Stegen

Roberto Pique Umtiti Alba

Griezmann Fellaini Busquets Coutinho

Messi Suarez

Or perhaps he'll bench Griezmann to play Paulinho at RM :thinking:

We spent 100 million plus on Dembele. The board is either going to remind Valverde of that fact or fire him. I don't think Dembele is going anywhere.

Givenchy

fucking stupid were discussing 'defence' so much when it comes to a winger at BARCA. EV really has turned us into an ugly defence-first team (and evidently not really that great if we look at the collapse in Rome), i dread to think what Cruyff would say.

it reminds me of Mourinho at United. he wants to bring in players like Perisic, Matic, Sanchez aka oldies etc while Martial who is supposed to be their future is set to leave. i hope our board aren't stupid like United are giving EV the big calls or we'll probably see Dembele asking for a transfer request

Tekkers

^^spot on with that martial comparison. i hope those martial to barca rumors are false because he'll be another rotting on the bench for not playing like a full back.

People say Neymar helped the team out in defence and if Dembele wants to play he has to do more.

The truth is Neymar helped out defensively to the extent a winger is supposed to. He tracked back and put pressure on the opposing team's wing backs. He was never tasked with 1v1 defending or winning the ball back.

People expecting Dembele to to play as an out and out defender are out of their minds. That's not a winger's job and never has been. If Roberto can't defend he shouldn't play. Too often this season I've season Roberto wandering out somewhere centrally and saved by someone else covering his ass.

khaled_a_d

Guys, Dembele was starter against Juve in his 3rd game of the season with no preseason at all, he was a starter in his 1st game after coming back from first injury, only his second injury made EV skeptical about him starting until 4th game from his injury.
That isn't a player that the coach doesn't want or a player to expect coach to tell him he has no plans for him.

During his 2nd injury, we have read all kind of rumors and posts from the fans, he is 2nd Reus, he is stupid player who doesn't report discomfort to medical team and that lead him to get injured, he is a guy who need to add muscles and learn to eat as professional and the list goes on and on and yet he has started early with the coach twice.
Kid had it tough here,2 injuries, transfer fiasco, doesn't speak the language, personal issue. All at the age of 20 and it showed in his game too.
EV had to built a more defensive team when he Dembele was injured during most of the season, and for him he decided to stick with that in important games during second half of the season is kind understandable. May be if it happened next year we can start whining about coach has no plans for him.

serghei

EV had to built a more defensive team when he Dembele was injured during most of the season, and for him he decided to stick with that in important games during second half of the season is kind understandable.

No, it's not. The 3-0 to Roma changed that. His defensive tactics have failed big time. There were worrying signs well before Roma, but he didn't do anything. We won't get anywhere with this manager, and the talented young players we have won't develop properly. It's not all down to the players. You also as a manager have to ensure that they have the right platform to succeed. Sticking Dembele in a rigid, reactive 4-4-2, while giving him a lot of defensive duties isn't the way forward.

Last edited:

Afromaticz

[tw]985456967257919488[/tw]
[tw]985457937563955201[/tw]
[tw]985458906523688961[/tw]

Everyone keeps calling him dumb and saying he has a low IQ, but he has always carried himself well in interviews and seems to have the mentality to persevere and succeed here.

I agree i mean where does that notion even come from?

Cule4life

The Culest
^^ So we finally know what Dembele was brought here for cos playing on the pitch certainly ain't it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans