10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Ritchie

Messi should not apologise, Conmebol are corrupt and everyone knows it. If you keep quiet about it then nothing will change, Messi's statement puts a spotlight on Conmebol and thats a good thing. The tournament probably wasn't rigged for Brazil, but Messi is not the only one who has said it, Conmebol can't be trusted and have a track record for corruption and therefore don't receive the benefit of the doubt with alot of people.

If you feel you have been wronged, and you have a platform to speak out, then you should use it, which is what Messi has done here. You may not agree with what he said but Messi is in a better position to make the judgement call and decided he had to speak out about the federation. Some people think footballers should be good little boys and say what is expected of them, which is what Messi usually does but clearly he feels it has gone too far.

You only need to look at the draw. By far the easiest group which allowed them to coast to first place and then play a 3rd place team. Basically a bye to the semi, although they made hard work of Paraguay.

Ritchie

He is so right. Conmebol are nothing without the players and fans. It would be a very easy thing for a new federation to
Come into the picture and all the teams join them. I've said this for years. If teams and fans don't like new rules fifa and the other organisations make just have talks and leave for a new organisation. Then these organisations would have nothing and these corrupt idiots would be out of jobs. If Messi does get a massive ban Argentina should start these talks with other countries

If he gets a massive ban he'll just retire again.

Will be interesting to see how MSN 2.0 turns out next season, after a 2 year break.

MSN wont be the same.

Messi is the best player at the world but he isnt the same Messi as in 2015.

Neymar could be the same level, he has reached his peak now with 28 years.

Suarez is a donkey compared to 2015/2016 Suarez.

Of course MSN will be very very strong but I dont this will be enough to beat the elite teams in CL.

LMTR14

he accused CONMEBOL of fucking corruption :lol: he'll obviously face a long ban. do you realize now how stupid he was? Imagine if Argentina wins next copa without him, as everything is going bad for him in the last years it wouldn't surprise me at all :lol:

better to die like a man than to live like a slave. the #1 best player of all time said what had to be said. corruption in football tends to blow up all the time nowadays. maybe the truth will be revealed one day in this case too

besides that it's a blessing in disguise he finally won't waste his energy on that fucking national team anymore! win the next cl and nobody will give a shit about the ban anymore (well except argentinians but who cares about those...). messi's legacy is BARCA and nothing else. and it's not even the titles that's most important but the goals and assists and hours and hours of highlight reels, all of them televised. in other words, the overall performance. ronaldo will be remembered for his bragging, but messi will be remembered for his playing. or does anybody of you know without looking it up how many titles pele or maradona earned?! see what I mean?

PS: no apologies. only bitches don't stand behind their words. if messi apologizes, I will lose a lot of respect for him

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

Dani Alves:

"A friend is not always right just because he's a friend. You can say it in the heat of the moment, but I still won't agree," Alves told SporTV's 'Bem Amigos' .

"Firstly, he's disrespecting an institution such as the Selecao, in my view. Secondly, he's being disrespectful with several professionals who put a lot of things aside so they could be there fighting for a dream.”

cro-man

I think it was too much for him lately. That loss against liverpool was hard to take and now this. Normally he wouldnt say something like this but i guess it was too much and he exploded. After all these years full of bad luck for him i can understand him.

Last edited:

Afromaticz

Dani Alves:

"A friend is not always right just because he's a friend. You can say it in the heat of the moment, but I still won't agree," Alves told SporTV's 'Bem Amigos' .

"Firstly, he's disrespecting an institution such as the Selecao, in my view. Secondly, he's being disrespectful with several professionals who put a lot of things aside so they could be there fighting for a dream.”

Alves absolutely right! Only the Messi fanatics would defend his actions. Brazilians have always had alot of respect for Messi but he was out of line and should be called out for it. U can't expect anything else from a Coward tho

El Gato

Villarato!
better to die like a man than to live like a slave. the #1 best player of all time said what had to be said. corruption in football tends to blow up all the time nowadays. maybe the truth will be revealed one day in this case too

He made a baseless remark, because he was victim of a bad decision. Nothing more.

henias

Probably lost his mind. He can't seem to understand why he keeps being on the back foot, while simultaneously putting out great performance. The Liverpool game took the biggest toll on him, and after that he just seems extremely demotivated. A highly temperamental player like him will be most affected under such stressful circumstances, more so when Argentina needs him even more. Ironically, he puts too much faith in management of Barca and Argentina so much so he shifts the blame to refs, pitches and opponents, lately exploded and even blamed the organisation. Kinda sad to see one of the greatest player under the hands of similarly corrupt people, yet he is loyally blind to all that. I really do hope board can fuck off asap before he hangs his boots; had Barcelona won the CL I would believe he would have more motivation for Argentina, especially for a guy who lost all 4 finals and knocked out of CL for 4 consecutive years.

KingLeo10

Yeah, Messi's accusation against Brazil was idiotic, but what's even funnier/more idiotic is Afromaticz stirring up 10 times the shit out here. :lol:

and let's not forget mr "We got the result we wanted in Amsterdam" perennial CL finals punching bag Marchisio8 liking all those posts. :dembele:

Last edited:

Afromaticz

Yeah, Messi's accusation against Brazil was idiotic, but what's even funnier/more idiotic is Afromaticz stirring up 10 times the shit out here. :lol:

and let's not forget mr "We got the result we wanted in Amsterdam" perennial CL finals punching bag Marchisio8 liking all those posts. :dembele:

The only idiot in this case is Messi and his groupies but i dont expect someone with King Leo as his username to understand that lol

KingLeo10

The only idiot in this case is Messi and his groupies but i dont expect someone with King Leo as his username to understand that lol

maybe you need reading comprehension lessons. Can you not read the first clause of my sentence?

couple that with the 20 variations of the same thing you've posted here over and over (out of your 139 posts LMAO) and you can see who the idiot is.

:valverde2:

if you weren't an idiot, you could go through my posts and see that I've criticized Messi openly for his part in our CL disappointments and Valverde support. But stay with your simpleton logic.

Afromaticz

maybe you need reading comprehension lessons. Can you not read the first clause of my sentence?

couple that with the 20 variations of the same thing you've posted here over and over (out of your 139 posts LMAO) and you can see who the idiot is.

:valverde2:

if you weren't an idiot, you could see that I've criticized Messi openly for his part in our CL disappointments. But stay with your simpleton logic.

Dude

I was simply addressing the countless Messi fanatics that kept on defending the guys actions and since u wasn't one of them you could have just kept it moving.
It would have been so easy but u just couldn't help yourself ey..its all good tho.

Home of Barca Fans