10 - Lionel Messi - V6

raskolnikov

The issue here is the follwing, if scoring 1000 goals makes him the best then what about Ronaldo? Ronaldo will reach 1000 (99% sure on that )
Neither will reach that. Allthough I can see Ronaldo go for it. Messi wil retire before him.
It doesnt make them best as it didnt with gerd muller or Romario. Just some of the best goalsorers ever.

Hardy

Ronaldo will pull a Jimmy Connors/Karl Malone (who follows Nba and tennis know what I mean) to reach 1000 goals, also looks like he can't fucking decline athletically . I see him scoring easily 40 goals in his 40 in some crappy leagues.

Ritchie

Nice dream - prob wont happen. He has often claimed that his long career has taken his toll on his body. At times like these makes one happy with his walking, it will certainly prolong his career. And I could see him as super sub from 35 -38. Like a undisputed 30-35 min. player, as a 9 or 10. But 1000 goals? Wont happen. Ronaldo is more likely to achieve it. His body can be competitive on pro football (mls, china, france) till he is 45. Shit I just thought about I actually could see this guy move to psg after juve and still score goals in their shit League. A Buffon like transfer. Geez.

Btw do you guys think Messi will extend his contract, retrie pr move to newells?

Ronaldo will blow him out the water with overall goal stats. He'll get 1000 goals, 100+ international goals, record CL goalscorer at 150+, leading scorer and titles in traditional top 3 leagues, the most CL trophies if he wins 1 or 2 with Juve and the title with Portugal. Also the most ballon d'ors if Juve win CL.

Messi has the most league titles, most goals with one club (compared to Ronaldo) but really needs to win the CL this season (a third treble would really cement his legacy) and win the Copa with Argentina to go ahead on ballon d'ors. Everything has gone Ronaldo's way since 2015.

The rest of this season really important for the legacy of both players.

raskolnikov

Ronaldo will blow him out the water with overall goal stats. He'll get 1000 goals, 100+ international goals, record CL goalscorer at 150+, leading scorer and titles in traditional top 3 leagues, the most CL trophies if he wins 1 or 2 with Juve and the title with Portugal. Also the most ballon d'ors if Juve win CL.

Messi has the most league titles, most goals with one club (compared to Ronaldo) but really needs to win the CL this season (a third treble would really cement his legacy) and win the Copa with Argentina to go ahead on ballon d'ors. Everything has gone Ronaldo's way since 2015.

The rest of this season really important for the legacy of both players.
Your overreacting and reaching with that darkest timeline stuff.
He can score 2000 goals, he wont be better than messi. Same way nobody considers Gerd muller over Cruijff or lampard over Dinho.
We certainly shouldnt let our joy of watching Messi be clouded by an inaginary media created legacy battle.

MessiTBE

Banned
The ballon dor should be Messi now. The ONLY person who can stop Messi from getting ballon dor once more is ronaldo, if he wins champons league then he get ballon dor no doubt. But if he don’t win cl, then it don’t matter if Messi win cl or not, he will have done the double, the league and the cup, and be top goal scorer.

I want to see him being recognised again.

It will certainly make ballon dor people eat humble pies, 5th best player in the world you crazy people!! From 5th best to winning it, will be too emotional.

Just please no ronaldo win champons league

Pedro

La Masia
The ballon dor should be Messi now. The ONLY person who can stop Messi from getting ballon dor once more is ronaldo, if he wins champons league then he get ballon dor no doubt. But if he don’t win cl, then it don’t matter if Messi win cl or not, he will have done the double, the league and the cup, and be top goal scorer.

It will certainly make ballon dor people eat humble pies, 5th best player in the world you crazy people!! From 5th best to winning it, will be too emotional.

If Messi can guide Argentina to Copa Glory this summer then the CL won't matter

Pedro

La Masia
But does Messi still play for Argentina. We have not heard anything from him, we do no know if he retired or if he coming back

He's already been confirmed in the squad for the upcoming friendlies so ofcourse he will play Copa America

Hardy

he needs to reach at least SF, format is changed, nobody care of copa del rey.

Horatio

You're welcome
3rd goal was stunning but there is something to be said about the second as well: the finish with the outside of his foot and then moving it to the far left corner.

Home of Barca Fans