10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Kul_z

there's only 1 CDR game left until the end of the league season

Exactly, 2 classicos, supercup catulunya final against girona, rayo week later of el classico, then lyon. He should rest against rayo at home and thats it. Now its three months of season finale and he needs to fire on all fronts, theres not that much games left. We was injured twice this season and he needs to play to get match fitness, let him rest when he wants to rest

FCBfan22

Do you think Mbappe could overtake Messi and Ronaldo scoring records if he continues his career at PSG?

No, IMO, since speed is key part of his game as things stand now and will decline beacue of that faster in his 30's or so. But if he adapts his play, as Leo did, maybe.
That said, it's still to be determined how many Leo and CR will score until the end of their careers. Plus, Mbappe can suddenly become injury prone, like some players did at the age of 24 or so.

A lot of if's right now.

Havesaks

Do you think Mbappe could overtake Messi and Ronaldo scoring records if he continues his career at PSG?

I think his talen is bigger than Mess and Ronaldos by a margin. Neither Messi nor Ronaldo were good goalscorers at the same age. Last season he showed a great understanding of the game and Took always the right decisions while scoring and assisting like a proven goalscorer. This season with a bigger role he scores messi and ronaldo numbers. He plays well and scores in big games, and was decicive in France WC-team. So he played great for monaco as a 17 y o, and now PSG and France.

He really has it all: mentality is exceptionel on and off The pitch. Therefore less likely to be injury prone as well. Finishing is great. Dribbling is fine without pace and really Good with pace, his football Iq is great (showed it last season a lot).

He will go to barca or real sooner or later and we all know he will be great. Its a Bit shame, i would have liked someone like him to pop up later, kinda takes the joy of messis achievments away, but if we get him, it would be wonderfull. And he wont take messis Place as our best ever, because he will join earliest when he is 22/23 y.o.

A lot can happen, but right now he has outperformed ronaldo and messi at same age and looks more promising than both of Them did at same age.

Fcb, mbappe could just as well Develop like ronaldo to a poacher with great off Ball movement. Right now most things indicate that he wont have a problem to compensate for his pace later on.

Givenchy

depending on his next club (Madrid/Barca) i think Mbappe will end up a better player than Ronaldo and a better career than Messi (world cups, CLs etc) but talent wise, i don't see him getting anywhere near as influential as Leo.

but anything can happen in football as im sure people said the same about R9 compared to Maradona/Pele

xXKonan

It's not really a contest between Messi and Mbappe talent wise.

Mbappe is very good but Messi is far more talented and it's not really close IMO. Heck, I consider Neymar to be a lot more talented than Mbappe is.

KingLeo10

I think his talen is bigger than Mess and Ronaldos by a margin. Neither Messi nor Ronaldo were good goalscorers at the same age. Last season he showed a great understanding of the game and Took always the right decisions while scoring and assisting like a proven goalscorer. This season with a bigger role he scores messi and ronaldo numbers. He plays well and scores in big games, and was decicive in France WC-team. So he played great for monaco as a 17 y o, and now PSG and France.

He really has it all: mentality is exceptionel on and off The pitch. Therefore less likely to be injury prone as well. Finishing is great. Dribbling is fine without pace and really Good with pace, his football Iq is great (showed it last season a lot).

He will go to barca or real sooner or later and we all know he will be great. Its a Bit shame, i would have liked someone like him to pop up later, kinda takes the joy of messis achievments away, but if we get him, it would be wonderfull. And he wont take messis Place as our best ever, because he will join earliest when he is 22/23 y.o.

A lot can happen, but right now he has outperformed ronaldo and messi at same age and looks more promising than both of Them did at same age.

Fcb, mbappe could just as well Develop like ronaldo to a poacher with great off Ball movement. Right now most things indicate that he wont have a problem to compensate for his pace later on.

Messi at Mbappe's age was dropping hat-tricks on Real and had already finished 2nd in Ballon D'Or. Calma.

depending on his next club (Madrid/Barca) i think Mbappe will end up a better player than Ronaldo and a better career than Messi (world cups, CLs etc) but talent wise, i don't see him getting anywhere near as influential as Leo.

but anything can happen in football as im sure people said the same about R9 compared to Maradona/Pele

I don't know man,

Messi has 2 trebles, 4 CL, and just about 10 Ligas in direct competition with the Madrid clubs.

CR7 has 5 CL, 5 leagues and a Euro.

Both have 650 goals and counting. ~ 300 assists too in Messi's case.

5 Ballon D'Ors

I realize Mbappe was one of the stars of the French WC winning side but it wasn't like they beat 2014 Germany or 2010 Spain to win it. A messed up Argentina side, Belgium, and punching above their weight Croatia.

I would be willing to bet the house Mbappe doesn't top their careers. Unless your criteria is WC above all, in which case he already did?

Givenchy

I don't know man,

Messi has 2 trebles, 4 CL, and just about 10 Ligas in direct competition with the Madrid clubs.

CR7 has 5 CL, 5 leagues and a Euro.

Both have 650 goals and counting. ~ 300 assists too in Messi's case.

5 Ballon D'Ors

I realize Mbappe was one of the stars of the French WC winning side but it wasn't like they beat 2014 Germany or 2010 Spain to win it. A messed up Argentina side, Belgium, and punching above their weight Croatia.

I would be willing to bet the house Mbappe doesn't top their careers. Unless your criteria is WC above all, in which case he already did?

depends on many factors.

if France with their golden generation go on to win another world cup + some euros and Mbappe is the key player in them, hes pretty much set for his international legacy. on the flip side, Messi and Ronaldo play for average at best national teams whilst Mbappe is playing for a stacked French team. add to that most national teams look pretty meh right now

regarding club careers, Mbappe has a huge advantage with his 180mil transfer fee. no matter where he goes, hes guaranteed a start. back when Messi/Ronaldo came onto the scene, young players had to fight for a spot and prove themselves, we won't see this anymore in modern football - Jair and i had a convo about that before and he did make a fair point about the price + guaranteed starting 11 spot is a testament to Mbappes talent. imagine if young Messi was just coming onto the scene now.. arguably (and scarily) he'd probably have even more goals as he would start every single game regardless of age/experience

anyways, nobody knows the future. currently it'd be a safe bet that Mbappe is winning a few ballon d'ors but Dembele could challenge him, Sancho also. i just hope when he does decide to leave PSG, we are ready

Havesaks

Gievenchy

Good argument with the national team. Its not ublikely they will some more trophies. Its such a shame messi chose Argentina, messi would have been mental in spains national team.

On another note, Are you from France given your Profile name. Ilove the label, they have some quality stuff xD

Messi at Mbappe's age was dropping hat-tricks on Real and had already finished 2nd in Ballon D'Or. Calma.

Yes, but noone as good as Messi were around in his time. If mbappe had a calender year like his 2018 in 2007, mbappe would have won ballon d'or in 2007 ahead of Ronaldo/kaka/messi. Orat least be in top 3.

In some ways i do think messi has the greater talent, but mbappe just has the better physic/running/stamnia, and that makes him the greater talent all in all. Messi with Alba stamnia would be out og this world and better than mbappe - to put it that wat.

xXKonan

Just because Mbappe has better physicality and stamina/pace does not mean he's a better talent then Messi.

There's is a lot more to the game than just physicality and Pace. Maradona was 5'5, not the fastest yet considered one of the top 3 players to ever play the game along with Messi and Pele. Look I get Mbappe is possibly generational talent but trying to use Stamina, Pace and Physicality as an argument for being more talented is not really the best idea.

Total-Football

Just because Mbappe has better physicality and stamina/pace does not mean he's a better talent then Messi.

There's is a lot more to the game than just physicality and Pace. Maradona was 5'5, not the fastest yet considered one of the top 3 players to ever play the game along with Messi and Pele. Look I get Mbappe is possibly generational talent but trying to use Stamina, Pace and Physicality as an argument for being more talented is not really the best idea.

I dont know if he is trolling but his concluding sentences were straight jokes i pretended i havent seen them.lmao

Home of Barca Fans