10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Messigician

Check out this clown's post. Worst yet he is a official journalist who votes on the Ballon D'or each year. An absolute joke. Football managers should be the ones viting on tbe Ballon D'or not useless journalists

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1551010060165.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551010060165.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 18

Ritchie

In your opinion, how many teams are stronger than Barca in Europe?

Psg is the same team without Mbappe'?
RM is the same team without Modric?
Juve without CR7? Bayern without Lewa?
City without Aguero? Etc.

In CL we can win and we cannot win like the other top clubs.
I didn't understand all these criticisms and negative opinions about Barca.

We have lost also with Leo (Gos blesses him!) in the last three CL.

The English teams would overrun us.

Psg/Bayern/Real would be tough.

Ritchie

So If Ronaldo exits the champions league it rules him out the Ballon D'or for me

For me this year its a race between Messi and Mbappe. If PSG wins the champions league then I think he might get it

Ronaldo will be back in the race after scoring a penalty in the nation's league final.

raskolnikov

Ronaldo will be back in the race after scoring a penalty in the nation's league final.

Hahah totally forgot about that one. Defintly could see that happen.

Whole thing shows how much a joke the ballon d’or is.
Imagine this: a who scored like rating systen where you get more points depending on the platform amd match you get the rating in.
That would mean everything gets taken into account and you would need to be performing whole season (as it shoul be, not calender year). So consistency, big matches, results and stats all get judged.

Judoman

Ronaldo has scored 40+ goals in KO ChL compared to Messi 20-something. I think that shows something. Messi is the better player all things considered - but its pretty obvious that Messi crumbles somewhat under pressure. He doesn't have the same authority and self-confidence as Ronaldo and that does also reflect negatively on our other players in the big games primarily ChL.

BS.
The same thing was said about CR before Madrid started to win CL-s. He wasn t clutch, he "crumbled under pressure", blablabla.

After 2 or 3 CL wins he was suddenly the clutch god, while Messi "crumbled under pressure". Of course people producing this narrative ignored the "better team" issue, like football is some sort of 1 on 1 game.

There are loads of high pressure games, where Messi activated his God mode. But in CL elimination games it s about the whole team, including coach, not about individual.

Havesaks

BS.
The same thing was said about CR before Madrid started to win CL-s. He wasn t clutch, he "crumbled under pressure", blablabla.

After 2 or 3 CL wins he was suddenly the clutch god, while Messi "crumbled under pressure". Of course people producing this narrative ignored the "better team" issue, like football is some sort of 1 on 1 game.

There are loads of high pressure games, where Messi activated his God mode. But in CL elimination games it s about the whole team, including coach, not about individual.

I don't remember that opinion being consensus for Ronaldo - ever. How fucking biased can you be. Its clear as day that Messi when things gets tough, plays worse, and ronaldo more or less plays with the same confidence as usual. Another factor is Messis physic compared to Ronaldos. The important matches like world cups, copa america, chl ko matches etc are in the last stage of the season, and messi is always dead tired by then.

But I want to underline, that i do think Messi is the best player.

Givenchy

I don't remember that opinion being consensus for Ronaldo - ever. How fucking biased can you be. Its clear as day that Messi when things gets tough, plays worse, and ronaldo more or less plays with the same confidence as usual. Another factor is Messis physic compared to Ronaldos. The important matches like world cups, copa america, chl ko matches etc are in the last stage of the season, and messi is always dead tired by then.

and Ronaldo goes missing in CL finals and barely featured in Portugals euro final win. isn't the final the pinnacle game of the tournements?

Messi on the other hand, destroyed United twice in 2 finals, 1 of those finals was Ronaldo's United :lol:

Last edited:

Havesaks

and Ronaldo goes missing in CL finals and barely featured in Portugals euro final win. isn't the final the pinnacle game of the tournements?

Messi on the other hand, destroyed United twice in 2 finals, 1 of those finals was Ronaldo's United :lol:

Ronaldo was injured in the finale? And he was on the sidelines screaming and motivating his teammates - shows a lot about character and I do think it had a influence - seeing their captain on the sideline. Had it been Messi, he would sit on the bench, frustrated.

Barcelona team in 09-11 was by far the best in the world, and i think messi was a better big game player in the early stage of his career due to his physic.

Judoman

Well, maybe you are a kid, maybe you are a CR fanboy or perhaps you have a short memory, which is quite common these days.

Check the history of these 2 players since MU-Guardiola days. From 2007 to 2013/14 Messi won everything, played WC final, 2 copa finals, won 4 (i think) ballon d'Or-s, but he also
played for superior team with Xavi/Iniesta/Guardiola. Remember that MU-Barca legendary final? Who was the dominant player?
Back than the narrative was that CR usually "disappeares" in high stakes matches, because his teams didn t win CL-s or/and domestic leagues. Of course MU/Madrid as a team were inferior to Xavi/Iniesta Barca, but
than the situation turned. Barca managment failed to revitalize aging team, specially midfield and Madrid became better.

In the end the narrative comes down to CL wins.

CatalinR10

Guys,

after today's performance I was so overwhelmed with Leo's own level that I laughed at friends of mine who still think CR7 is better.

Of course, this didn't go so well and I was subjected to a bunch of abuse. Furthermore, I saw a Facebook post by some large page today (Sportbible for instance) about the Messi/Ronaldo stat comparison this year and reading the comments underneath literally made me explode.

Instead of lose myself completely, I thought I'd try get some discussion in here from other users of the forum (open to non Barca fans as-well).

Below I will pose a couple of common arguments and you tell me your argument against/for. I'm just deadly curious how more intelligent beings see it. (Yes, most of those who follow Sportbible are PL loving idiots).

Argument 1 - Messi has never left La Liga and gotten a new challenge. CR7 has done it in more leagues and is ultimately better (for this reason).

Argument 2 - Ronaldo has done it in the CL more than Messi, especially in the latter stages of the competition.

Would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Aim here isn't to start a heated argument with insults, just open my own mind for a bit.

Argument 1 and 2 :

Ronaldo is better because he played in more leagues at the best team in the league in that moment ? LOL

Where is the challenge in playing at Juventus , a team who won last 7 leagues in Itally or gotten in 2 finals in last 4 years in CL ?

United was coached by someone who a lot of people consider the best coach in history , had in midfield Gigs and Paul Scholes which top tier midfielders consider him the best in history in his position and their deffence was not that bad either.

RM was stacked last years with world class players and when that wasn't enough , a ,,mistake" here and there took them to finals every year , not to mention their insane luck.

Not to take anything from him cause he's an insane goalscorer but the insane ammount of tapins he scored in CL made me laugh everytime when someone mentions that he carried RM all these years.

Go watch his performances last year in semmis and the final . He was shit but bailed out by his team. If he had a shit game , everyone in the team was able to score a goal . If Messi has a shit game in CL , 90% we're going out. It's easier to do it in a really good team rather than a shit one because responsability falls on everyone , not a single player.

If you want a challenge , go take a team from a competitive league , from the mid of the table , to the CL while winning some random cups in the meantime. Then we'll talk about challenges. Untill then miss me with this shit.

Home of Barca Fans