10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Raketa10

Are these IDIOTS trying to ruin Barca? We should be begging him to renew and instead of that TWO MORONS are saying crazy stuff!!! I am starting to worry that he will leave! Bartomeu has to step up and shut this idiots immediately or serious damage will be done!!!

Last edited:

Devils

It's the opposite. Seems like it isn't that hard to demean Messi under the cover of "general truths". How would you like it if the press went to your work office to cover your firm's work, and the first thing that your boss had to say about you was: "he wouldn't do so well without x or z". It's malicious.

It's not cover, it's the truth. Messi benefits from other players, doesn't mean that other players benefit greatly from him as well.

Messi benefits far more from...Iniesta than Gomes, from Neymar than Arda and from Alves than Roberto. These aren't really debatable topics.

If I was working at a firm and my manager (Lucho) and director (Barto) said week in and week out that I was the best employee ever to grace the sector and then some lower level exec said "Yeah he's the best but wouldn't be as great without x, y and z"....so what? It might have been a silly thing to say to the media because it leaves for room for interpretation, but malicious? conspiring to get me to quit? Yeah I don't think so. It's more crediting the others in the firm than it is dissing me.

When you look at how the media can sensationalize things if any of our coaches/board members say anything other than "Messi is the greatest in history and he will stay at Barca for his entire top-level career" there is is room for sensationalism for bad intent.

F

FlaFCB

Koeman: "Tweeting about Messi? For me it would be an immense honour of the best footballer of all time, Leo Messi, overtook my record."

Koeman: "Believe me, I've coincided with some great footballers. Messi is a genius, one of those players that appear every 50 or 100 years."

Koeman: "Best of all time. Aren't these big words? I have never seen anyone like Messi"

Koeman: "Cristiano won prizes this year? We are not talking about the same things, excuse me. These prizes have a lot to do with marketing."

Koeman: "These prizes are global and even though I respect them, they nearly always rewards goalscorer who have won a title."

Koeman: "Ronaldo won Champions League and the Euros, he scored a lot of goals, yes, but the best, the best footballer is Messi"

Koeman: "Ronaldo is really good, a great goalscorer, but Messi is more complete, more technical"

Koeman: "Messi makes those around him better and he does things Ronaldo could never do"

Koeman: "Sometimes it seems a lie that Messi is made from skin and bone because he does things that are out of the reach of normal players."

Koeman: "Messi's free-kick against Athletic? I saw it on the highlights. It was impressive, just like the one he scored against Villarreal."

Koeman: "Messi is better than I was (at free-kicks) And it doesn't hurt me to say it or recognise it. I tell the truth"

Koeman: "I'd strong kick, it's true, as much with instep as well as inside but Leo is capable of putting ball where he wants. It's a virtue"

Koeman: "Messi mentally sees the space and there he puts it. He is very intelligent in a football sense. He's the best free kick taker ever"

Koeman: "How could he reach this level of perfection that Messi has? It's something innate in him. He has a glove on his foot..."

Koeman: "It's like he calculates the strength, the direction and the distance. It is impressive"

Among the shit statements from 2 Barça executives, Koeman showing how it's done. Takes a player, and not those stupid board members.

Devils

Messi keeps scoring and assisting, despite who is supporting him. He has played with many players during all those years, and his way of playing hasn't changed much despite that.

Obviously.

A great player will always be a great player, regardless. A monstrously talented Messi will always be a monstrously talented Messi even if you put him in a Stoke team. That doesn't mean he can't be elevated by other world class players though.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]819951381264166913[/tw]

Gratacos FIRED. Yeah, yeah, such meaningless statements. No importance, media was the problem, lel. That shows there was a problem.

One of the reasons why Messi gets to score a freekick like that is because a lot of people involved in the team, directly, or indirectly, do their job right.

You'd even use free-kicks, which most would see as the ultimate individual effort, to illustrate the importance of the collective ? Messi wouldn't score as many free kicks in another team ? :lol:

It's the media's fault entirely for me

The board shouldn't be expected to know how to navigate the media now ? 100% nope from you.

I don't understand why you can't admit that other great players have also helped him in his career.

Everyone can admit that, because there is a huge difference between saying "other players have helped his career" and "he wouldn't be as good without x and z". They're completely different statements. Do you see where this is going ? Transfer Messi to Getafe and he'll still be the GOAT.

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] there is truth and then there is context, and this idiot's firing speaks for the latter better than anything i can tell you.
See also above the difference between saying teammates helped vs he's not as good without them.

Anyway, always good to see the board get slapped around.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I think this i getting blown out of proportion.
I still think he will extend his contract (probably for 2 or 3 years), not because every board member loves him or anything but because not renewing him is suicide for the board.

El Flaco

[tw]819951381264166913[/tw]

Gratacos FIRED. Yeah, yeah, such meaningless statements. No importance, media was the problem, lel. That shows there was a problem.

IIRC, Gratacos is involved in La Masia 360 project.

If that's the case, then he hasn't been fully sacked from Barca.

serghei

You'd even use free-kicks, which most would see as the ultimate individual effort, to illustrate the importance of the collective ? Messi wouldn't score as many free kicks in another team ? :lol:

The board shouldn't be expected to know how to navigate the media now ? 100% nope from you.

Everyone can admit that, because there is a huge difference between saying "other players have helped his career" and "he wouldn't be as good without x and z". They're completely different statements. Do you see where this is going ? Transfer Messi to Getafe and he'll still be the GOAT.

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] there is truth and then there is context, and this idiot's firing speaks for the latter better than anything i can tell you.
See also above the difference between saying teammates helped vs he's not as good without them.

Anyway, always good to see the board get slapped around.

1. Where did I say anything about freekicks? That last freekick was cleverly obtained by Suarez btw. So there is one more factor even at freekicks.

2. The person who says something isn't to blame if the media denaturates what he says.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why you even have a guy who tried to undermine Messi ins 2010 by saying there are a lot of Messis in Africa, have an important role in the club I don't understand.

Some people say and I do agree. There is no one bigger than the club, but Messi is bigger than every player, staff member, executive, board member in Barcelona.

And even if the guy meant nothing, no malicious intent, he sparked a fire that was lit a few days ago because of another idiotic statement, which btw LUIS SUAREZ acted negatively to.

That's not knowing how to speak in public and that's incompetence and incompetence warrants a removal.

These things said the last couple of days are something you don't expect Bayern, Real Madrid or heck even Arsenal directors to say. The Arsenal directors would pamper freaking Ozil in fear of not losing him while our guys are too dumb to do the same.

1. Where did I say anything about freekicks? That last freekick was cleverly obtained by Suarez btw. So there is one more factor even at freekicks.

2. The person who says something isn't to blame if the media denaturates what he says.

1. I quoted you so just look up your own quote
2. So much of their job revolves around navigating the press. Of course they can be. In any case, the comments were derogatory, no need for a spin there.

F

FlaFCB

Why you even have a guy who tried to undermine Messi ins 2010 by saying there are a lot of Messis in Africa, have an important role in the club I don't understand.

Some people say and I do agree. There is no one bigger than the club, but Messi is bigger than every player, staff member, executive, board member in Barcelona.

And even if the guy meant nothing, no malicious intent, he sparked a fire that was lit a few days ago because of another idiotic statement, which btw LUIS SUAREZ acted negatively to.

That's not knowing how to speak in public and that's incompetence and incompetence warrants a removal.

These things said the last couple of days are something you don't expect Bayern, Real Madrid or heck even Arsenal directors to say. The Arsenal directors would pamper freaking Ozil in fear of not losing him while our guys are too dumb to do the same.

We have the most amateuristic board in the football world. Pique, a player, had to go and find a suitable sponsor, because these guys are that incompetent.

serghei

1. I quoted you so just look up your own quote
2. So much of their job revolves around navigating the press. Of course they can be. In any case, the comments were derogatory, no need for a spin there.

I said a player can't win a game on his own. I didn't say he can't decide on his own a moment. But a game is not won or lost in a single moment, but in a lot of them. Take the game vs Madrid on Bernabeu in CL, many people say Messi won us that match on his own. Not true. Afellay has a very important role in the first goal, and without that role the goal doesn't come. In football, everyone contributes to a win, and everyone is at fault when we lose. The most you can say is that Messi is the most important player. Saying he wins games on his own is extreme and untrue, more of an emotional statement than a rational one.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You know a lot of times journalists and reporters try to bait an answer out of you. Something even you usually wouldn't say. They want a specific answer so they can use that. Biased outlets, reporters, journalists do that all the time. In fact everyone does it. I do it. You do it. I sometimes do it deliberately to be honest, but I got to. Trolls are legends at this game

In this case he could have just dodged the question. Said something like 'Messi is amazing and we're lucky to have him and guys like Iniesta, Suarez, Busquets, Neymar, Pique etc.

Some people are going to say 'Oh but that so easy to say in hindsight!'.

Don't fucking tell me that please. Don't do that. Don't make me cringe.

That's something so basic that you would expect a Relations Director to know that. Our coach does that a lot. He just dodges the question. Sometimes he replies when he has strong opinions about something, but if you ever listened to a Luis Enrique Press Conference then you would know that the guy is a master at dodging the question most of the time. Not falling to an obvious bait.

I think our directors, and this is from the Laporta era too so Laportistas don't use this against Rosellistas, are incredibly pathetic at this. They almost always do make some unnecessary comments. This might happen because we got too many executives. We've made up like a dozen positions and given it to former players or former La Masia members. Guys that perhaps aren't that well equipped or bright to understand the media and the game that is sometimes played.

I've literally not seen another club in recent times have people blurt out stupid things.

It's unbelievable.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

You know a lot of times journalists and reporters try to bait an answer out of you. Something even you usually wouldn't say. They want a specific answer so they can use that. Biased outlets, reporters, journalists do that all the time. In fact everyone does it. I do it. You do it. I sometimes do it deliberately to be honest, but I got to. Trolls are legends at this game

In this case he could have just dodged the question. Said something like 'Messi is amazing and we're lucky to have him and guys like Iniesta, Suarez, Busquets, Neymar, Pique etc.

Some people are going to say 'Oh but that so easy to say in hindsight!'.

Don't fucking tell me that please. Don't do that. Don't make me cringe.

That's something so basic that you would expect a Relations Director to know that. Our coach does that a lot. He just dodges the question. Sometimes he replies when he has strong opinions about something, but if you ever listened to a Luis Enrique Press Conference then you would know that the guy is a master at dodging the question most of the time. Not falling to an obvious bait.

Oh yes. Trying to spin this to blame the press is so dumb. These guys are executives at Barcelona, not a 4th division team in the end of the world.

Home of Barca Fans