10 - Lionel Messi - v5

F

FlaFCB

I'll be pissed off and sad, but everything will go on with Messi or without Messi. I don't have nightmares about Messi renewing or not, and I don't think what the guy says in that interview is inflamatory in any way. If anything, it is the perverse media in searching for a new made-up scandal.

Who gave fuel to the media? So who's fault is it? Not that hard, eh? The "perverse" media needs fools like faus, grau and gratacos to print their stories. There's no way to blame the media for Barça's stupid executives.

I don't need Sid Lowe or whatever to tell me what the guy is saying. I heard the interview and whoever says that is an attack on Messi is wrong imo. The man stated a principle, a true one, while also saying Messi is the best player. Should I abandon the no1 principle of team sports (that the team is more than one player) like some here do when they say Messi wins games on his own? It is not possible. A team is a team. If the chef puts up bad food before the game, Messi gets a stomach ache and he's out. One of the reasons why Messi gets to score a freekick like that is because a lot of people involved in the team, directly, or indirectly, do their job right.

The principle all madridistas stand by. Nice to know you agree with them. Messi has won many games on his own for Barça. But I don't know why I still argue with you, honestly. After your shitshow about Xavi, that's expected.

Messi983

Messi plays the way he does since he was a kid. He'd be this great in any team, and if he were in a smaller one, one of the bigs would have bought him and he'd be as good as he is now, irrelevant of his surroundings. And he's the one making other players better.

Based on his talent yes but who knows what would happen with him if we wouldn't brought him to BCN and give him growth hormone treatment.

That's not a point here though. No one is denying that he makes other players better but I don't understand why you can't admit that other great players have also helped him in his career. And even now when he saves us in almost every game he still needs a good team around him if we want to win titles. He's almost always had that in Barça (although I think he'd deserve to have even better teams around him and that we wasted some of his best years by not winning even more than we did) in comparision to his NT when he was always alone even though there are/were supposed to be other great players (on paper) around him. But on the field he was alone most of the time.

That's why I don't have a problem with Gratacos putting a team infront of one player, even if it's Messi. And praising the team for advancing in Copa was what I believe he was trying to say. Could he use better words? Yes. But you can't look for a sensationalism and bad things in any word Bartomeu or other (usually hated by most fans around here) board member says. I get why most people dislike board and I'm not their biggest fan as well (but I also didn't look at Laporta as an angel as most fans I know did) but tell my one good reason why would they want to intentionally disrupt and ruin the club like some people here thinks they are doing? Really don't get the logic behind that unless they are all secret madridistas paid by Uncle Floro.

F

FlaFCB

Based on his talent yes but who knows what would happen with him if we wouldn't brought him to BCN and give him growth hormone treatment.

That's not a point here though. No one is denying that he makes other players better but I don't understand why you can't admit that other great players have also helped him in his career. And even now when he saves us in almost every game he still needs a good team around him if we want to win titles. He's almost always had that in Barça (although I think he'd deserve to have even better teams around him and that we wasted some of his best years by not winning even more than we did) in comparision to his NT when he was always alone even though there are/were supposed to be other great players (on paper) around him. But on the field he was alone most of the time.

That's why I don't have a problem with Gratacos putting a team infront of one player, even if it's Messi. And praising the team for advancing in Copa was what I believe he was trying to say. Could he use better words? Yes. But you can't look for a sensationalism and bad things in any word Bartomeu or other (usually hated by most fans around here) board member says. I get why most people dislike board and I'm not their biggest fan as well (but I also didn't look at Laporta as an angel as most fans I know did) but tell my one good reason why would they want to intentionally disrupt and ruin the club like some people here thinks they are doing? Really don't get the logic behind that unless they are all secret madridistas paid by Uncle Floro.

There are many ways to put the team in front of a player. You still don't need to belittle your best player in the history of the club. He could praise the team to the skies, without saying Messi is the best only because of his teammates. That's the damn madrististas argument to say he isn't good or that cr is better. It's a moronic argument. there's really no way to save this guy's face. even more taking his past declarations into account.

Messi would had his treatment paid by some other club, if not Barça. And would have help from other people. But no one taught him to be fast or think fast. Or his vision of the game. Or his ability to dribble. Everything that makes him the best, it's his.

serghei

Who gave fuel to the media? So who's fault is it? Not that hard, eh? The "perverse" media needs fools like faus, grau and gratacos to print their stories. There's no way to blame the media for Barça's stupid executives.

The principle all madridista stand by. Nice to know you agree with them. Messi has won many games on his own for Barça. But I don't know why I still argue with you, honestly. After your shitshow about Xavi, that's expected.

The media distortion appeared when they left out the part where he said Messi is the best player. The bold title makes it sound as if he's attacking Messi, when, in fact, the whole interview was more nuanced than that.

The credit for winning in a football team belongs to the collective, that is how will be and will always be no matter how great of a player can be.You say Messi has won many games on his own for Barcelona. It is very easy for me to counter that. Why don't you give some examples, and I'll give you 3-4 key moments in those games where one of our players was decisive as well, hence completely proving that Messi, in fact, didn't win that game on his own.

I don't know why I bother either. I'm pretty sure Messi himself would deny some of the things you credit him with, like the so-called ability to 'win games on his own'.

Last edited:

Devils

How, in this day and age, can people think that other players make Messi better. It's mind blowing. The man is the greatest dribbler of all time, an all-time great finisher and passer, no one comes close to him when it comes to singlehandedly saving his team, but people think it's fine that the first thing that board members think to say about Messi is: he wouldn't be as good without his teammates ?

And what is the justification ? That on some level, if all other forwards were absolute shit that could never score, Messi's assist rate would go down ? Does anyone really think that is the kind of logic by which players should be assessed ?

And that di stefano argument is legimitately concerning. It's logical that people who haven't seen di stefano play think Ronaldo is better ? Really ? I haven't seen Muhammad Ali fight, but pretty sure that Connor McGregor would KO him ? Hey I may be wrong but it's "logical" !

It's not, based on how you interpret it.

Messi is the GOAT, but at the end of the day he is still a forward/striker who benefits from having a strong team to provide support and create opportunities for him like any forward would.

For example, Iniesta and Xavi do a far better job supporting for Messi than Gomes or Denis does. Neymar (when fit) does a better job than Arda would.

It's really not that hard to believe or to interpret such a comment as a berating attack on Messi to stop him from renewing. lol.

Last edited:

ini4ever

Lmao, and im waiting to hear criticisms on Messi when he decides not to renew by these ppl say it's all good to say such things in public.

ini4ever

The media distortion appeared when they left out the part where he said Messi is the best player. The bold title makes it sound as if he's attacking Messi, when, in fact, the whole interview was more nuanced than that.

And that's exactly the problem here, these bunch of idiots don't know how to behave to media, whether they mean it or not, such words shouldn't be said in public since we know how media works nowadays.

serghei

And that's exactly the problem here, these bunch of idiots don't know how to behave to media, whether they mean it or not, such words shouldn't be said in public since we know how media works nowadays.

It's the media's fault entirely for me. MD has also taken a part from that interview. The part they took was: “Es evidente que Messi es el mejor jugador”. AS, of course, put in big bold letters that "Messi no sería tan bueno sin Iniesta, Neymar...". It's just different media spinning this according to their agenda. Nothing more to it than that.

KiX7777

Messi said few times that he will leave once there are people that want him out. Those days have come. Wouldn't be suprised if he leaves. If I was him I would say: " I will leave Barca if board doesn't resign."

Laporta would treat him like his son.

Messi is the GOAT, but at the end of the day he is still a forward/striker who benefits from having a strong team to provide support and create opportunities for him like any forward would.

For example, Iniesta and Xavi do a far better job supporting for Messi than Gomes or Denis does. Neymar (when fit) does a better job than Arda would.

It's really not that hard to believe or to interpret such a comment as a berating attack on Messi to stop him from renewing. lol.

It's the opposite. Seems like it isn't that hard to demean Messi under the cover of "general truths". How would you like it if the press went to your work office to cover your firm's work, and the first thing that your boss had to say about you was: "he wouldn't do so well without x or z". It's malicious.

F

FlaFCB

If he said that when asked about Messi's renewal then it really wasn't a smart thing to say.

This was the question: "Barça is here because they turned the result around thanks to a great game from Leo in San Mames and at the Camp Nou. You know Leo well, since he was a kid, you've coached him.What's your opinion on his renewal: common sense or put anything on the table?"

Somehow he answered like that. It's the media's fault, though. They asked him questions :lol:

ini4ever

It's the media's fault entirely for me. MD has also taken a part from that interview. The part they took was: “Es evidente que Messi es el mejor jugador”.

Well If that piss Messi off then there wouldn't matter how words were spoken truly.
I just laugh when i see how rm players get support from their board and how our players do, It's not about only Messi tho, Pique and other players when they get treated unfairly.

serghei

Messi said few times that he will leave once there are people that want him out. Those days have come. Wouldn't be suprised if he leaves. If I was him I would say: " I will leave Barca if board doesn't resign."

If he doesn't read AS or Marca he'll be fine.

F

FlaFCB

Messi keeps scoring and assisting, despite who is supporting him. He has played with many players during all those years, and his way of playing hasn't changed much despite that.

He meant the fans, though. That's his people, not this shitty board. Players aren't happy with those crooks either. And thankfuly most fans see the stupidity of those words. Only the minority are on this board's side.

Home of Barca Fans