10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Messi983

Just listen to the whole interview please (Messi question starts at about 0:53)

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/01/13/copa_del_rey/1484307415_328236.html

I don't see any disrespect towards Messi here.

Leo es una persona de las más importantes del equipo, pero si el equipo pasó fue también por todo el equipo. Leo sin Neymar, sin Suárez, sin Iniesta, sin Piqué, sin los demás jugadores, no sería tan buen jugador, pero es evidente que Messi es el mejor jugador”

It's a bit different to what Sport with their sensationalism and anti-board propaganda wants to make it happen.

D10S_JC

Messi deserves double the salary.
Just look at how much Barca pay for Neymar, Messi won 4 ballon d'or, 3 CL title, 4 La Liga titles st Neymar's age.
Neymar never reach that.
Fuck the shit board.

Messi983

Nope. Messi played even better with Pedro. Played great with Eto'o, Villa. He didnt even let Alexis get in his way.
Messi is just Messi.

So you think he would be as good if he'd start his senior career in a team like Granada or Levante? You don't think that worldclass players around him have helped him to become what he's today? The likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o,...? Yes, he obviously makes other players around him much better but we can also say that he's become that great because he played around other great players for his whole career. And he probably learned a thing or two from any of them when he was younger.

If you think that's disrespecting Messi then we just agree to disagree. No doubt he has great natural talent and worked hard to succeed, but we can't just fully diminished influence of his teammmates and coaches on his development. Even now, when he's GOAT players like Iniesta, Neymar and Suarez around him makes him better than if he'd have to play with the likes of Verdu or Deyverson.

F

FlaFCB

Just listen to the whole interview please (Messi question starts at about 0:53)

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/01/13/copa_del_rey/1484307415_328236.html

I don't see any disrespect towards Messi here.

It's a bit different to what Sport with their sensationalism and anti-board propaganda wants to make it happen.
It's not different at all, really. It's the same phrase. Messi is the best, but because of his teammates. It says there "Leo without Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, pique, wouldn't be such a good player". The "but" after is irrelevant. His reasoning is not only wrong, it's useless and with a terrible timing.

Its the the same argument madridistas use to belittle Messi, from a directive's mouth this time. One that already belittled him in the past, too.

F

FlaFCB

So you think he would be as good if he'd start his senior career in a team like Granada or Levante? You don't think that worldclass players around him have helped him to become what he's today? The likes of Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o,...? Yes, he obviously makes other players around him much better but we can also say that he's become that great because he played around other great players for his whole career. And he probably learned a thing or two from any of them when he was younger.

If you think that's disrespecting Messi then we just agree to disagree. No doubt he has great natural talent and worked hard to succeed, but we can't just fully diminished influence of his teammmates and coaches on his development. Even now, when he's GOAT players like Iniesta, Neymar and Suarez around him makes him better than if he'd have to play with the likes of Verdu or Deyverson.

Messi plays the way he does since he was a kid. He'd be this great in any team, and if he were in a smaller one, one of the bigs would have bought him and he'd be as good as he is now, irrelevant of his surroundings. And he's the one making other players better.

serghei

It's not, really. It's the same phrase. Messi is the best, but because of his teammates. It says there "Leo without Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, pique, wouldn't be such a good player". The "but" after is irrelevant. His reasoning is not only wrong, it's useless and with a terrible timing.

It is not like that. You're reaching.

He said Messi is the best player, but the focus should be on the team. That was the intention, not to attack Messi, but to put more emphasis on the team, as it is normal. I don't see anything wrong with what he said, and I'm pretty sure it was meant as a praise towards the whole team.

Agreed. It's absolutely logical to perform better and thus become better when you're surrounded by better players.

Last edited:

Messi983

Meanwhile, rm people say cr is better than di stefano. Messi should be treated better.

That's because CR is just an unsecure little crybaby and they must always make him feel comfortable and like he's the best even if everyone knows he's not. And around 99% of RM fans are not even old enough to remember Di Stefano or see him play, so it's only logical for them to think that CR is better than a man who made their club the greatest club of 20th century.

F

FlaFCB

It is not like that. You're reaching.

He said Messi is the best player, but the focus should be on the team. That was the intention, not to attack Messi, but to put more emphasis on the team, as it is normal.
Yes, I'm the one that reaching, lol. That's not what he said. I saw the video previously too, not only the quotes. How can you know his intentions? Are you him? Unless you are, you really should not make such affirmations. I have no idea what he was trying to do, but he should had kept his mouth shut, or speak as little as possible about this.

He wasn't even asked about any of that, but about Grau's words from last Wednesday, the common sense when renewing Messi. And this is what he came up with: "Leo without his teammates wouldn't be such a good player". But as he has his teammates he is the best. Or he heard his words and tried to fix his obvious mistake. Trying to make excuses for that is what is reaching.

F

FlaFCB

That's because CR is just an unsecure little crybaby and they must always make him feel comfortable and like he's the best even if everyone knows he's not. And around 99% of RM fans are not even old enough to remember Di Stefano or see him play, so it's only logical for them to think that CR is better than a man who made their club the greatest club of 20th century.
So what? Because Messi is not a cry baby, he can be disrespected like that? First Faus, then Grau, and now Gratacos. All when asked about his renewal. You think Messi doesn't care? He was pissed at Faus.

I find baffling you think this is ok and normal, because it's not. This board don't even talk like that about lesser players.

How, in this day and age, can people think that other players make Messi better. It's mind blowing. The man is the greatest dribbler of all time, an all-time great finisher and passer, no one comes close to him when it comes to singlehandedly saving his team, but people think it's fine that the first thing that board members think to say about Messi is: he wouldn't be as good without his teammates ?

And what is the justification ? That on some level, if all other forwards were absolute shit that could never score, Messi's assist rate would go down ? Does anyone really think that is the kind of logic by which players should be assessed ?

And that di stefano argument is legimitately concerning. It's logical that people who haven't seen di stefano play think Ronaldo is better ? Really ? I haven't seen Muhammad Ali fight, but pretty sure that Connor McGregor would KO him ? Hey I may be wrong but it's "logical" !

Last edited:

serghei

Yes, I'm the one that reaching, lol. That's not what he said. I saw the video previously too, not only the quotes. How can you know his intentions? Are you him? Unless you are, you really should not make such affirmations. I have no idea what he was trying to do, but he should had kept his mouth shut, or speak as little as possible about this.

He wasn't even asked about any of that, but about Grau's words from last Wednesday, the common sense when renewing Messi. And this is what he came up with: "Leo without his teammates wouldn't be such a good player". But as he has his teammates he is the best. Or he heard his words and tried to fix his obvious mistake. Trying to make excuses for that is what is reaching.

I saw the video posted on AS.com that [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] posted, and imo there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's one of the logical things in football, to direct praise and criticism to the collective, rather than the individual.

F

FlaFCB

I saw the video posted on AS.com that @Messi983 posted, and imo there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's one of the logical things in football, to direct praise and criticism to the collective, rather than the individual.
Of course you don't think there's nothing wrong. It's all good. Just another directive belittling Messi, but he's not the first, and what's the big deal. It's just Messi. Imagine if he doesn't renew. Bet you'll say things will be fine too, right?

you likely think the players have no reason to be pissed at graus comment, too.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]819876579279048704[/tw]

Even a madridista like Sid understands better what happened than some here. It's sad, really.

serghei

Of course you don't think there's nothing wrong. It's all good. Just another directive belittling Messi, but he's not the first, and what's the big deal. It's just Messi. Imagine if he doesn't renew. Bet you'll say things will be fine too, right?

I'll be pissed off and sad, but everything will go on with Messi or without Messi. I don't have nightmares about Messi renewing or not, and I don't think what the guy says in that interview is inflamatory in any way. If anything, it is the perverse media in searching for a new made-up scandal.

[tw]819876579279048704[/tw]

Even a madridista like Sid understands better what happened than some here. It's sad, really.

I don't need Sid Lowe or whatever to tell me what the guy is saying. I heard the interview and whoever says that is an attack on Messi is wrong imo. The man stated a principle, a true one, while also saying Messi is the best player. Should I abandon the no1 principle of team sports (that the team is more than one player) like some here do when they say Messi wins games on his own? It is not possible. A team is a team. If the chef puts up bad food before the game, Messi gets a stomach ache and he's out. One of the reasons why Messi gets to score a freekick like that is because a lot of people involved in the team, directly, or indirectly, do their job right. Sure, Messi is probably the most important part, but he is not everything. He wasn't even the best player imo in this last game.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans