10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Mitchell1978

I think some of you are exagerating again, Bild, Spiegel are German tabloid-bullshit, besides however dubious you might consider it, it seems the situation is more or less fixed now.

Yannik

I think some of you are exagerating again, Bild, Spiegel are German tabloid-bullshit, besides however dubious you might consider it, it seems the situation is more or less fixed now.

You might mistake "Spiegel" for "Stern".
Spiegel is the most reputable paper in Germany if not the entire of Europe. Doing investigative journalism on a fuck ton of political scandals of international dimensions.
BILD on the other hand is basically the German Sun. They have titties on their front page.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

Messi really has Bartomeu by the balls LMAO:

As a result of the tax audit, the club suspended payments to the foundation in 2016. They did not resume until after the player had settled his tax situation. And the donations are now considered by Barça as salaries, paying the corresponding taxes.

FC Barcelona granted Lionel Messi a loan of 12 million euros, repayable in 24 monthly instalments until December 2018. But in reality, he won't pay since Barcelona agree an exceptional bonus of 23.1 million for the 2017/18 season. That's about $12 million net, exactly the loan amount.

Windhook

Spiegel is serious media, one of the most trustworthy in the world.

Anyway, Messi knows his price. Especially in the post-Neymar era.:messi:

Mitchell1978

If the 100 million euro is true, which i still doubt, net that means slightly less then half that i think (which off course is still a ridiculous amount of money.

also one player earning 40 % of the salary is common in the NBA by the way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Doubt it. Football Leaks and Spiegel are pretty much the most reliable thing there is in football. They are proven to have a bloody terrabite sized hard drive filled with leaked contracts, emails, letters, documents and other stuff. I'd call bullshit any day if Don Balon or so claims this, but not them.

To be fair, last time they came out with all the fanfare to declare Ronaldo evading taxes and there was absolutely nothing to back themselves up. They went AWOL after Der Spiegel's cover feature article.

Football Leaks and Der Spiegel have no credibility anymore, a piece of laughing stock just like the rest of them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really hope this is not true. Would be very disappointed not just in him, but in club also.

Just finished reading the piece claiming he makes more than 100m a year (which includes signing bonus and loyalty bonus which he will receive after he fulfills his contract in 2021 by the way), it is truly appalling if true. I don't mind Messi being the highest paid player we have or even the highest paid footballer on this planet because he is the best, but the part about the club paying his tax evasion penalties and donations to his foundation makes me upset particularly.

Messi's entourage seems just as greedy as Neymar's. Very disappointed if Messi himself didn't see anything wrong with all of that, if true.

Last edited:

Yannik

To be fair, last time they came out with all the fanfare to declare Ronaldo evading taxes and there was absolutely nothing to back themselves up. They went AWOL after Der Spiegel's cover feature article.

No, that's not quite correct. They didn't declare anyone guilty of anything, they said Ronaldo (among others) had offshore accounts on the British Virgin Islands which alone is not illegal, just very shady and begs the question what he uses them for. And then Ronaldo's case was actually investigated by Spanish tax authorities a few months after the article was released and Football Leaks documents were used in those.

Last edited:

dakt

Honestly, it's disgusting, if true. I don't care what people have to say, that it's normal....again, if true, I wouldn't mind him leaving, together with this board...
I really should cool down and wait for more complete info.

Home of Barca Fans