10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FCBfan22

Spiegel also revealed Barca paid Messi extra salary through his foundation.

I think it's possible that he wanted to give a part of his salary to charity (via foundation, donations like this are usually not taxed) and Marca and the others are just doing their thing to unsettle him. But if it's proven that he took money out of the foundation (which is non-profitable), he could be jailed for tax fraud and also exploiting an unprofitable organisation.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi deserves everything and more. That being said, I would be furious if his dad broke the law again.

Yannik

Okay cool. I didn’t read it all tbh. Just remembered the 2015 one coming up literally 3/4 days after.

Might be, but don't put too much into that. As you said a coincedence. I highly doubt they have any bias in football as they are not a sports paper, but they were also the newspaper that uncovered the story settlement that Ronaldo had with the women that accused him of ****.

FCBfan22

This is why family members shouldn't be agents. If Leo had a proper agent and he did what his father did, he would fire him straight away and get a new one. But because his dad does what he does (I bet he is not the best with knowing the laws and finances, he only looks for profit), he could face another charge.

Albo

Come on now. Even Jorge Messi can't be that daft to use foundation to claim extra salary. Luckily Barca gave in and paid the sum, otherwise Messi and his father would get jailtime for real now.

Home of Barca Fans