10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
[youtube]8jlqvFCeU-E[/youtube]

I like this one. He was immense this season. Those wasted chances he created though.

Can't wait for next season.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I'm dead serious.. (obviosly his best version was 2009-2012 and i may throw 2015 there ). Messi in 2006 was a force of nature. He was the reason we went past chealsea. The ultimate winger. And i would pick him over current messi.

Total-Football

Here we are comparing messi with messi lol. Keep that in mind lmao.. obvioulsy both messis are better than the rest do don't throw numbers at me.

clemente

People say our board wasted Messi talent, I wonder how much he would have been wasted in Inter, or maybe Italian league would be the best league like la liga is right now, still no doubt Inter would be on 11 league win streak if he was there.

footyfan

Calma, calma
question for long-time cules:

i was talking with a friend of mine about messi's legacy and he said that while he has 4 CL medals, the first one was a 'freebie.' in 2006 i didnt pay attention to football (i was 12 lol) so i really can't say. so: what was messi's role in the 2006 win? was he consequential or merely a squad member?

Your friend was correct. He started two group stage games, both at home, against Udinese and against Panathanaikos (where he chipped the keeper). He started the R16 game against Chelsea and played well, and played 25 min of the return leg. That was the extent of his involvement in the CL.

While not exactly a "freebie", you can't really compare that win to being an actual member of the starting 11 and being a pivotal contributor to the triumph, which he was nowhere close to being.

JamDav1982

Your friend was correct. He started two group stage games, both at home, against Udinese and against Panathanaikos (where he chipped the keeper). He started the R16 game against Chelsea and played well, and played 25 min of the return leg. That was the extent of his involvement in the CL.

While not exactly a "freebie", you can't really compare that win to being an actual member of the starting 11 and being a pivotal contributor to the triumph, which he was nowhere close to being.

He tore Chelsea to bits and got them down to ten men.

That was arguably Barcas toughest tie of that whole CL campaign and Messi was main reason they went through. He played a big part in that CL win.

Nothing close to a 'freebie'.

Ripsta

i would take messi from 2006 over the current messi .. He was a nuclear weapon back then. Only injuries stopped him.

He's a considerably better player now than he was in 2006.

Still has the abiility to roast teams single handedly, but he's improved massively in other key areas.

2006 Messi - Potential great attacking midfielder.
2017 Messi - Best ever, best player in the world as a striker, midfielder or winger.

He's not as explosive as he was as an 18/19 year old, but he's alot more calculated. It's just a shame he's never played under one of the modern great managers, and that includes Guardiola. Don't care what he won at Barca/Bayern, when you have Messi in your side or can buy the next best teams best players, you should be winning the league. At City Guardiola looks clueless.

Hardy

DCdMGi8XsAExNFv.jpg

Home of Barca Fans