10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

Read Juve forums...it's hilarious. :D

"I am starting to panic."
"No, no, No... Get your $#@! together, bro. "
"Well i'm to scared , $#@! this $#@! "

To be fair juve is a much better team than Bilbao with a much more organized defense. MSN has to be in top form in order to beat them

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
After this match, I remembered a post I made right after Leo's WC final loss. I actually dug through the archive and found it:

This is the one footballing dream that he hadn't tasted yet and now his best chance to achieve it is gone. He's already won everything there is to win and broken most records possible. After his biggest dream is now crushed there's not much for him to look forward to in consolation. Of course he wants to win the CL again and have success but that won't give him the same satisfaction of being World Champion for his country.

This is just one of those things that can put someone in a bad rut. At this point in time footballing wise, he has neither a carrot in front of him nor a stick behind him. For a footballer of his immense caliber and expectation, that's a cancer to his career. He had so much pressure on him for this and the WC seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity compared to an annual CL/liga, but now it's gone. When someone puts something on such a large pedestal for themselves and can't get it, everything else doesn't seem to matter.It makes it increasingly tempting to rest on his laurels and play without the level of ambition that he had before. If Messi didn't have Antonella and Thiago, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went into a deep depression.

At this point, we all feared it was the beginning of the end. A trophyless season and then a tragedy of a WC loss all speckled with lackluster performances and poor fitness. This was Leo's 'rock bottom' as a player and one of the lowest moments for Barca as well. We had very little reason to believe that things would look up in the near future. I actually spent time convincing myself that it was okay and that great things can't always last :lol:.

Dig through the archive thread yourself, we all lost our belief to varying extents at this time: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11610-10-Lionel-Messi-v3/page672

It's amazing that here we are, not even a year later and Leo is making history like he's 23 or 24 again. What he's done this season is legendary/iconic on so many levels. His matches against City/Bayern/Atleti, his goals in the liga/CDR final, and his demolition as a part of MSN have all been feats that will not be forgotten in football for decades. His first goal in Athletic is top 3 of his career (alongside the Getafe goal and the RM one), I could rank all 3 interchangeably. He's got one more match this year to cement the brilliance even further. We Barca fans are greedy and want Messi to show the world once more what he is capable of vs Juventus. He deserves it after all the suffering in 2014.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The testament of his greatness is that even people who don't watch or like football get amazed at the things he does... I was watching the game with my wife, who doesn't like sports, and even she lost her mind after that goal... There are really no words to describe what he does...

dakt

To be fair juve is a much better team than Bilbao with a much more organized defense. MSN has to be in top form in order to beat them

Of course they are...but never the less, put yourself in their shoes and you know what is coming next Saturday. Everything is possible in football. They can defend well, have one counter or score from set pieces, enough to win CL.

NotInHere

After this match, I remembered a post I made right after Leo's WC final loss. I actually dug through the archive and found it:

At this point, we all feared it was the beginning of the end. A trophyless season and then a tragedy of a WC loss all speckled with lackluster performances and poor fitness. This was Leo's 'rock bottom' as a player and one of the lowest moments for Barca as well. We had very little reason to believe that things would look up in the near future. I actually spent time convincing myself that it was okay and that great things can't always last :lol:.

Dig through the archive thread yourself, we all lost our belief to varying extents at this time: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11610-10-Lionel-Messi-v3/page672

It's amazing that here we are, not even a year later and Leo is making history like he's 23 or 24 again. What he's done this season is legendary/iconic on so many levels. His matches against City/Bayern/Atleti, his goals in the liga/CDR final, and his demolition as a part of MSN have all been feats that will not be forgotten in football for decades. His first goal in Athletic is top 3 of his career (alongside the Getafe goal and the RM one), I could rank all 3 interchangeably. He's got one more match this year to cement the brilliance even further. We Barca fans are greedy and want Messi to show the world once more what he is capable of vs Juventus. He deserves it after all the suffering in 2014.
Fuck, can you imagine if he scores a goal of this magnitude against Juventus. If he does I don't think there's a doubt left to determine who the best player in history is.

Alen

The world is ending

1433029213_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

"His majesty"

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I believe in the laws of physics, there is a reason why can do this, he has a low centre of gravity, excellent ball controll, balance and burst of speed. Lets take Aguero for example, his build is very similiar, why shouldnt he be able to do the same things, or anyone else with similiar builds?

Do you believe in talent bro?

ceefoo

Post #437 .... He's got one more match this year to cement the brilliance even further. We Barca fans are greedy and want Messi to show the world once more what he is capable of vs Juventus. He deserves it after all the suffering in 2014.
Kudos for bringing that old post to everyone's attention again. I have to be honest though, I never really doubted the little magician. 2014 was an emotional and physically challenging year for Leo, what with Tito's terminal illness and subsequent death. Don's wife miscarrying. A young son to raise. Prolonged injury, to which we'll probably never know the full extent, losing his Ballon d'Or title to a douche.

It's clear to everyone now that if 'This" Messi was available in the WC final, the game would have certainly been a lot closer than it was. Small margins. We all remember watching him in that tournament and he would still show flashes of brilliance, but it was obvious by the way he was moving (or wasn't moving), that something wasn't quite right with him. I'm so happy that he is finishing the season the way he is, and that we can say: "He's one of ours". He fully deserves all the praise he is getting right now.

Although... if he should have a stinker in the CL final and Juventus defeat us, all the naysayers will probably rear their ugly heads out of the woodwork again. Football fans are a fickle bunch!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Too lazy to dig into the old thread, but I said after he decided to do the press conference for the Bayern game that D10S was coming, and I was right.

How lucky are we to be barça fans during the Messi era ? without him, we would have spent our entire life probably sucking it up in front of RM fans boasting their 10 CL(kinda, 4CL and 6mickeymouses) but right now, I know many of us culés don't even fucking care, the joy Messi gives us is just too much for that to matter.

Thank you GOAT, thank you for being so awesome, thank you for never diving (your greatest quality imo), thank you for staying with us when you could earn double elsewhere, thank you thank you thank you!

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans