10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaykob

Holy crap. Didn't notice ging was back.

What you're posting could just as well be a wrongly attributed positive stereotype but it depends on the context. Messi seems to me like a dog. Simple-minded and focused when chasing but I doubt he'd be as good at math as I am. And I'm terrible at math.

No it could not because it is not a stereotype, the general stereotype is footballer are stupid.

But anyway read the study I posted

Kerrybai

That may be true but the thing with messi is he's probably not even on the same level intellectually. Yes he makes genius runs, passes etc but I can guarantee you he has the IQ of a carrot. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though since it keeps him humble and away from the spotlight which is why he's been able to dominate the game more effectively than anyone before.

Please, be reasonable. The guy sounds dopey as hell during interviews. All he ever talks about is family and football. The dude is obviously slightly dull but that's good because he doesn't fathom his own fame so it doesn't go to his head. Let's be honest here: footballers aren't exactly the most brainy guys out there.

Lacking charisma and having a dull/shy personality does not equate to a lack of intelligence. It's a bit silly to claim that someone lacks intelligence when you know diddly squat about them. :cool:

gingerless

School and textbook knowledge doesn't equate to quick senses, instincts, ability to read the outcomes and surroundings. Those instinctive areas of intelligence are where Messi shines and remains far ahead of everyone else. It's his subconscious level of thinking (natural behavior) that allows him to perform magic the way he does.

If you want a player who relies on conscious intelligence along with cleverness, look at Thomas Muller. His ability to be in the right place at the right time and be so deadly is because he is an incredibly intelligent player who relies on observation, analysis, and thinking ahead.

I agree, he has a natural instinct that puts him above pretty much everyone else on the pitch. You can claim that that's intelligence on it's own but then you're going into a whole science about the meaning of intelligence. My point is that he quite simply is not, no matter how much people wish he was.

Jaykob

I agree, he has a natural instinct that puts him above pretty much everyone else on the pitch. You can claim that that's intelligence on it's own but then you're going into a whole science about the meaning of intelligence. My point is that he quite simply is not, no matter how much people wish he was.

You are talking about the definition of intelligence and that there is a science behind it, but then you use your subjective interpretation of it and claim it as fact, a bit contradictory

Kerrybai

Messi played piano as a kid and was top of his class in school.

I made this up

Last edited:

gingerless

You are talking about the definition of intelligence and that there is a science behind it, but then you use your subjective interpretation of it and claim it as fact, a bit contradictory

I was talking about the general sense of the word that it's most commonly used by. You can claim plankton are intelligent creatures if you want to break it down to a science.

Lacking charisma and having a dull/shy personality does not equate to a lack of intelligence. It's a bit silly to claim that someone lacks intelligence when you know diddly squat about them. :cool:

Assuming you are close to him then

M

mitkoa7x

I highly much doubt that messi is stupid, maybe not articulate but definitely not stupid. Messi is one of the most intelligent footballers in the world, football intelligence that is.

You can try and look for a bigger Messi fanboy than me in the 7 kingdoms but you wont find one. And even I think Messi is a Forrest Gump, retarded but genius at what he does. He barely made it through school (his words not mine) and he's giving simplistic interviews his agent wrote him before. If its some consolation, I think he might be smarter than a dolphin.

0n0mat0p0eia

Look...who cares whether his IQ is measured in double-digits or if he spends all his spare time at CERN!

If we want to generalise, majorly footballers wont be the most intelligent in the world due to the need in their formative years of putting so much time/effort/energy into football.

Not all will be not very intelligent, the majority will; some will be v v intelligent. We are all different; we all put different amounts of effort into different things at certain times in our lives.

Where he is an absolute genius, however, is when he steps onto a football pitch and has a ball at his feet; let's all be glad of that and celebrate the fact that such a talent plays for our club.

M

mitkoa7x

In the modern game players are also judged off the field.

It pains me to say these things but its the truth...

Mr Hulot

IQ is made-up thing from our society. If we lived in another society maybe "intelligence" would be considered, how fast one can think under pressure. In that way Messi would be considered the smartest person in the world.
I know some guys that are considered very smart from our society and for example their favorite films are Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Things are never simple. If you are good at Math and bad at football you are considered smart ,but when the opposite you are stupid. That is just sad in my opinion, really.

Last edited:

oz187

Messi is super intelligent. How do you think he managers to analyse the position of the players and the spaces on the pitch and then calculates the timing and trajectory for his precision through balls? He could find the Higgs Boson, if only they asked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans