10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not a lot of recent footage in it, unfortunately, but entertaining nevertheless

[youtube]2VvxwDfHmnc[/youtube]

MMKa

Actually Cronaldo surpassed Messi in latest Castrol Index after 39 months (Messi was first Jan 2010 - May 2013). Cronaldo 1080, Messi 1076 points. So, according to Castrol, Cronaldo had better May 2012 - April 2013 year than Messi.

F

Frejsgodes

Actually Cronaldo surpassed Messi in latest Castrol Index after 39 months (Messi was first Jan 2010 - May 2013). Cronaldo 1080, Messi 1076 points. So, according to Castrol, Cronaldo had better May 2012 - April 2013 year than Messi.

So only when Messi is injured Ronaldo can get top spot? Meh.

gingerless

Only players that come close to Messi are Xavi and Iniesta.

That may be true but the thing with messi is he's probably not even on the same level intellectually. Yes he makes genius runs, passes etc but I can guarantee you he has the IQ of a carrot. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though since it keeps him humble and away from the spotlight which is why he's been able to dominate the game more effectively than anyone before.

Jaykob

I highly much doubt that messi is stupid, maybe not articulate but definitely not stupid. Messi is one of the most intelligent footballers in the world, football intelligence that is.

La LL

Generally Delightful
I highly much doubt that messi is stupid, maybe not articulate but definitely not stupid. Messi is one of the most intelligent footballers in the world, football intelligence that is.

Please, be reasonable. The guy sounds dopey as hell during interviews. All he ever talks about is family and football. The dude is obviously slightly dull but that's good because he doesn't fathom his own fame so it doesn't go to his head. Let's be honest here: footballers aren't exactly the most brainy guys out there.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
That may be true but the thing with messi is he's probably not even on the same level intellectually. Yes he makes genius runs, passes etc but I can guarantee you he has the IQ of a carrot. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though since it keeps him humble and away from the spotlight which is why he's been able to dominate the game more effectively than anyone before.

tbh, i've always thought the same. ppl say he's a genius all the time but in reality he's probably not that smart. he is a great footballer but he doesn't seem that smart to me ppl just want to believe he's good at everything. he has a tattoo of his son's name on his foot lol come on... i'm not hating im just saying if you take your messi goggles off he's just another dumb footballer

Jaykob

Please, be reasonable. The guy sounds dopey as hell during interviews. All he ever talks about is family and football. The dude is obviously slightly dull but that's good because he doesn't fathom his own fame so it doesn't go to his head. Let's be honest here: footballers aren't exactly the most brainy guys out there.

I thing that's a general misconception, a wrongly attributed negative stereotype. I said intelligent not articulate , not necessarily the same thing. I think all the highly creative players are intelligent even though they might not seem that ways due to their lack of higher education or other factors.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
School and textbook knowledge doesn't equate to quick senses, instincts, ability to read the outcomes and surroundings. Those instinctive areas of intelligence are where Messi shines and remains far ahead of everyone else. It's his subconscious level of thinking (natural behavior) that allows him to perform magic the way he does.

If you want a player who relies on conscious intelligence along with cleverness, look at Thomas Muller. His ability to be in the right place at the right time and be so deadly is because he is an incredibly intelligent player who relies on observation, analysis, and thinking ahead.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Holy crap. Didn't notice ging was back.

I thing that's a general misconception, a wrongly attributed negative stereotype. I said intelligent not articulate , not necessarily the same thing. I think all the highly creative players are intelligent even though they might not seem that ways due to their lack of higher education or other factors.

What you're posting could just as well be a wrongly attributed positive stereotype but it depends on the context. Messi seems to me like a dog. Simple-minded and focused when chasing but I doubt he'd be as good at math as I am. And I'm terrible at math.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Also, it's very wrong to assume that he's stupid just because he's an athlete. Not talking about much except for family+football during interviews doesn't mean he's dumb, it just shows that he's reserved in front of the media and is constantly asked personal questions about his life/future. Does he have to scream out his tactical secrets to the world to prove he's a genius? No, he shows it on the pitch.

An idiot wouldn't be able to handle Barca's intricate passing system and play those sequences. An idiot wouldn't be able to observe defenders mistakes and positioning to fool them and then speed away. An idiot would not be able to understand and bring to life Pep's false 9 role to such a level and go on to become the greatest goalscorer in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans