10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
LOL back then there were players in the world cup who had other jobs and were just part time players... just saying it was a diff sport

F

Flavia

just because you weren't born yet and that they didn't have HDTV coverage of every match played doesn't mean people didn't know how to play football or that it wasn't a professional sport.

:lol:
It was quite different. All you have to do is do research or ask someone who was around to know. The level of play was different. Players would smoke and drink a lot, during the tournaments. There was no concern about fitness like today, it was amateurish, especially when pele was 17-18. There wasnt that kind of cash around, a lot of players had other jobs. You're really naive if you think back then was just as it is today.

Hatem Ben Arfa

It was quite different. All you have to do is do research or ask someone who was around to know. The level of play was different. Players would smoke and drink a lot, during the tournaments. There was no concern about fitness like today, it was amateurish, especially when pele was 17-18. There wasnt that kind of cash around, a lot of players had other jobs. You're really naive if you think back then was just as it is today.

did i say it was just as it is today? would you like to quote me where i have said that?

it is very naive to say players didn't know football back then. it was a professional sport back then. not to the level of the multi-million pound business that it has become today obviously. and yes sports medicine and training methods have changed since then.

but please tell me were there any other 17 year olds or 18 year olds scoring 41 and 66 goals before or after Pele in that era? i really don't think so. so that speaks volumes on its own.

F

Flavia

did i say it was just as it is today? would you like to quote me where i have said that?

it is very naive to say players didn't know football back then. it was a professional sport back then. not to the level of the multi-million pound business that it has become today obviously. and yes sports medicine and training methods have changed since then.

but please tell me were there any other 17 year olds or 18 year olds scoring 41 and 66 goals before or after Pele in that era? i really don't think so. so that speaks volumes on its own.
He was good, but it doesnt speak that volume you think it does. Garrincha was an alchoolic and he was the best player of 62 wc. The level was really lower than what we have right now.

alex88bg

Hmmm i dont get why is there such a discussion about Pele.
Of course it was a different sport back then ,but in such circumstances he was among the best.Thats right he did score the most goals but i dont think he was the best player around.The biggest problem about Leo are his goals too.These days people seem to argue who the best player is between cr 7 and leo by the point who scores more goals during the season which is totally wrong.For me he is the best player of all time and not because of his goals its because of how it makes me feel when i watch him.He is the only player that can bring me almost to tears when i watch him and that feeling is one of the best ones i have in life which i will always be grateful to him.
A lot of people are really narrowminded and a simple media push can change their minds easily.He is the only player around who has the perfect numbers and sheer beauty in his game.
As always time will tell and time is with our little man and i dont care if he never wins the stupid world cup for me every barcelona match with him is a true privilege and when the time comes for him to retire ,everyone will know the game had lost the best player to ever play the game.
I hope that day never comes.

J

jiopi

There is an article which compares Pele's, Müller's and Messi's best scoring seasons on club level:

http://king-football.com/bb/?p=446

Compared to the average goal scorer of their eras, Messi's season was the most impressive.

era-adjusted-2.png

Panna

As a Madridista I want to punch him for it, but you got to admit, his badass behavior is more awesome than his fake (possible) good boy behavior.

If you Messi wants to punish Messi for only this......
How many times,you think,i should want to punish most of the rm players?
What messi did here is nothing with the craziness of pp,ramos,marcelo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans