10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

So no one has ever won 4 world player of the year awards right? What are the big tournaments this year that will play a role in deciding this years Ballon D or anyone know?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
So no one has ever won 4 world player of the year awards right? What are the big tournaments this year that will play a role in deciding this years Ballon D or anyone know?
The Euro's mainly.

If Spain do well, then it's likely to be one of Iker, Xavi or Iniesta.

Durden

^ It shouldn't really though. I remember a really long post here about the ballon d'Or, and how even though performance in a big international tournament is relevant, it shouldn't be a deciding factor as much as it is. Messi has already been immense this season, and if he keeps it up he'll deserve the award again. If it goes to a Euro2012 winner, (other than Iniesta, Xavi or Ronaldo if their countries win it) then I'm going to punch someone.

Pepe Silvia

The Euro's mainly.

If Spain do well, then it's likely to be one of Iker, Xavi or Iniesta.
So Messi's freakish domestic and UEFA CL will be Leo's chance to take his 4th this year? So far so good. Tied for Leading scoring in CL!!! With a Spain Euro performance, I'd love to see Xavi take it home. That would be a very very solid alternative.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
So Messi's freakish domestic and UEFA CL will be Leo's chance to take his 4th this year? So far so good. Tied for Leading scoring in CL!!! With a Spain Euro performance, I'd love to see Xavi take it home. That would be a very very solid alternative.

Well, he pulled it off in the WC year, which I thought was amazing given the history of the award with WC winners and considering that his Barca teammates won the same titles he had + a WC.

So far he's on route to a much more 'freakish' year than 2010...

K

kroki223

I think Messi can win the fourth golden ball award. He is the best. Messi is more talented.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

not as long as there are football professionals out there who mistake him for Xabi :sigh:

T

tariqo

* Phil Schoen: Some say that Messi doesn’t get abused the way Maradona and Pele were in their day... but if you don’t think Messi gets kicked, you don’t watch closely enough.

* Ray Hudson: Or you haven’t seen Pepe play.

* Ray Hudson : If there's a footballer that you would inject into yourself, it would be Lionel Messi. Wouldn't it, people? Honestly?"

* Ray Hudson :In this wonderful galaxy of Barcelona footballers, it's Leo's star that continues to burn brightest and as constant as the Northern Star."

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_ly6c9y5w1T1qjmhoko1_500.jpg

:lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
* Phil Schoen: Some say that Messi doesn’t get abused the way Maradona and Pele were in their day... but if you don’t think Messi gets kicked, you don’t watch closely enough.

* Ray Hudson: Or you haven’t seen Pepe play.

:worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans