10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barcelonista

does anyone think another reason for messi's great performance is fabregas being benched ? not that they dont get along or anything but it seems when fabregas plays he kinda takes messi's forward position and messi drops a bit deeper to help the build up. We saw messi finally making some runs today rather than passing the ball off to his teammates

Messi is at 36 goals so far. Productivity wise, he's better than ever before. So I don't agree with the point that Fabregas is taking his forward position and Messi plays too deep. When it comes to our overall performance, you have a point though. But again, Fabregas isn't the only news this season. Villa and Pedro have barely played in 2011 / 2012, which means 2 or our 3 attackers from last season had to be replaced by 2 new signings in Sanchez and Fabregas. And on top of that we changed our formation as well to 3-4-3 in the majority of our games. If you replace 67 % of your striking force and completely reshuffle your formation, you'll end up losing points like we did (Iniesta's injuries shouldn't be forgotten either). Pretty normal.

For example. We haven't even found the perfect position for Sanchez still. He started on the right wing (Real Madrid Supercopa, Villarreal ...). Then he played left wing (Real Sociedad where he got injured). Recently he plays centrally as a CF. This is a transition year for us, make no mistakes.

Last edited:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Nolan?

TBH I rarely go into that thread as 90% of the posts are sarcastic/trolling and the pro-Cesc posters getting all worked up...
1o6Oj.gif

BarcaGirl

I think Messi has 4 penalties so far this season. 2 in La liga (Mallorca, Real Betis) and 2 in CL (Plzen, Milan).
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
You guys gotta get over your bitterness at CR for scoring Pens.. surely we arent so insecure that we have to keep bringing them up to prove Messi is better?

I think it is quite clear who the better player is... The whole world knows it

Theconomist

You guys gotta get over your bitterness at CR for scoring Pens.. surely we arent so insecure that we have to keep bringing them up to prove Messi is better?

I think it is quite clear who the better player is... The whole world knows it

It's not about who is better.
It's about Madrid spending over 100m $ to buy a really really good penalty taker who ruins almost all their free kick chances, constantly breaks up good plays by shooting from 30 yards and loses the ball a hella lot instead of passing back.

diegomessi

It's not about who is better.
It's about Madrid spending over 100m $ to buy a really really good penalty taker who ruins almost all their free kick chances, constantly breaks up good plays by shooting from 30 yards and loses the ball a hella lot instead of passing back.

I hate cristiano more then anyone..and he was overprice yes... but it is hard to doubt him being good for Madrid.. he is no Messi..not even close.. but he is still world class. Cristiano never gonna beat Messi for the balon d or with just Pens..

diegomessi

It's not insecurity. Of course Messi is better, no question. It's just so annoying, and an injustice of sorts.

I have supported Barca quite a while... you get used to madrid being favored ..it is just a part of life and something to overcome

I die a little inside every time cristiano scores... but we gotta let this pen thing go.. he just doing his job (with extra added douch of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans