View Poll Results: Next Barca President (2021)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joan Laporta

20 38.46%
  • Victor Font

27 51.92%
  • Candidate backed by Bartomeu

5 9.62%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Next Barca President (2021)

Jordi Farre apparently has destroyed the signatures for his candidacy instead of submitting them

Guessing because he didn’t gather enough votes some of those votes could go to other candidates.... he’s publicly supported Laporta too so maybe some of his voters will vote for him.

Official: Joan Laporta, V?ctor Font and Toni Freixa have been declared as official candidates for the FC Barcelona presidency. [fcb]

Full details of the signature count:

Joan Laporta
    Signatures presented: 10,272
    Signatures validated: 9,625

V?ctor Font
    Signatures presented: 4,713
    Signatures validated: 4,431

Antoni Freixa
    Signatures presented: 2,822
    Signatures validated: 2,634. [fcb]

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    We need a new board ASAP and now this talk for delaying elections until April sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Jordi Farre apparently has destroyed the signatures for his candidacy instead of submitting them

Guessing because he didn’t gather enough votes some of those votes could go to other candidates.... he’s publicly supported Laporta too so maybe some of his voters will vote for him.
    Other candidates who didn't received enough votes have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    We need a new board ASAP and now this talk for delaying elections until April sounds terrible.
    True. We need new board so we can at least potentially sign players or sell..

BREAKING: Meeting over - Elections will NOT be held on January 24th. A new date will searched. @rac1

Why? Because of the pandemic shit?

This is so fucking stupid.

The current board needs to get the fuck out. It’s for the best of the club. Get the new board in so they can start putting the pieces back together and planning for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincule View Post
    This is so fucking stupid.

The current board needs to get the fuck out. It?s for the best of the club. Get the new board in so they can start putting the pieces back together and planning for the future.
    We have no current board. At least not one with a big mandate.

As much as I want the new president to come in as soon as possible, I understand it's bad to rush the elections with Spain being so affected by the pandemic at the moment.

Not very likely but hopefully the most critical of decisions can be made in agreement with the Laporta, Font and Freixa. Signing Garcia now or in the summer is one.
    Even if minimal, there has to be some common ground between them which can be agreed upon now without one of them being the president.

Isn’t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

I also saw a comment that Bartomeu made from August saying that moving the elections to March 15th will allow for a smooth transition.

This all just stinks to me.

Mike the Knife
    Isn’t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

I also saw a comment that Bartomeu made from August saying that moving the elections to March 15th will allow for a smooth transition.

Indeed. It's all smoke & mirrors. Bartomeu & Rosell are not in the club but are pulling the strings
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Indeed. It's all smoke & mirrors. Bartomeu & Rosell are not in the club but are pulling the strings
    Lies as usual.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Isn?t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

Tusquets was/is the president of the strategic economic commission, which is almost an independent entity within the club as far as I know. He did not see eye to eye with Bartomeu, Enric Tombas who was Bartomeu's economic vice-president and club treasurer and Oscar Grau (the CEO) when it came to our finances, debts and and how the accounts should be interpreted, and rumored had it that he would resign or be pushed out of the club back in 2019. Tusquets is not a Bartomeu guy. All the board members have resigned with Bartomeu I believe, the only executive level person left is Oscar Grau who is still running the day to day operations of the club.

It is not that Tusquets or anybody wants to delay the election, it is that the current lockdown situation in Catalonia and elsewhere in Spain (for the first time we are having a decentralization of voting with voting locations all around Spain) does not permit to have a large number of people coming out and congregating around various voting locations. I hope this doesn't get delayed to that late like April, in the meantime the club has proposed to the Catalan government to allow mail-in voting.

January transfer window is meaningless anyway, we are not selling any players and we don't have money to buy anybody. Why should we even pay money to get Eric Garcia when we can get him for free in summer?
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 15th January 2021 at 04:04 PM.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Not sure if they have any say in this but I wonder if Laporta and Freixa would like mail voting to be allowed. I think Font would be very benificial if that'd be the case.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Not sure if they have any say in this but I wonder if Laporta and Freixa would like mail voting to be allowed. I think Font would be very benificial if that'd be the case.
    Why do you think that is?
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!