Next Barca President (2021)

Next Barca President (2021)

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

BREAKING: Meeting over - Elections will NOT be held on January 24th. A new date will searched. @rac1

The date should be set sooner, not later. The organization is in crisis without leader. This is dumb dumb dumb.

Find a way to get this done.. now. Online voting? Whatever works

khaled_a_d

It is not that Tusquets or anybody wants to delay the election, it is that the current lockdown situation in Catalonia and elsewhere in Spain (for the first time we are having a decentralization of voting with voting locations all around Spain) does not permit to have a large number of people coming out and congregating around various voting locations.

Tusquets choose to delay election to January.
El3ction should have been made within 40 says time frame iirc, that will end in 28th January, he choose 4 days before deadline??!!!
For me that was terrible decision and I can't take it with good faith right now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tusquets choose to delay election to January.
El3ction should have been made within 40 says time frame iirc, that will end in 28th January, he choose 4 days before deadline??!!!
For me that was terrible decision and I can't take it with good faith right now.

I don't think there was anything wrong or suspicious about Tusquets' decision to hold it in January back then. Most candidates didn't have any campaign to speak of at the time, including Laporta who I believe was one of the last ones proclaiming his candidacy.

Laporta was the one who was adamant to sticking to the January 24 date, are you implying Tusquets is in cahoots with Font to delay the election to give him a chance?

Last edited:

Devils

This club lmao.

Entire countries are having political elections and this club can't even manage to set up an election with about 100,000 people voting.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This club lmao.

Entire countries are having political elections and this club can't even manage to set up an election with about 100,000 people voting.

It is not as easy as you made it out to be, we are fucked by COVID and related restrictions just like everywhere else is.

The club has contemplated online voting but has deemed it unfeasible for the time being as far as I know, because of not currently having the infrastructure that would guarantee the process will not be subject to tempering and hacking etc., basically online security issues I believe.

Joan

We should have the elections as soon as the situation with covid improves.

It's reasonable. Lots of old people to vote.

We're not losing much anyway.

Devils

It is not as easy as you made it out to be, we are fucked by COVID and related restrictions just like everywhere else is.

The club has contemplated online voting but has deemed it unfeasible for the time being as far as I know, because of not currently having the infrastructure that would guarantee the process will not be subject to tempering and hacking etc., basically online security issues I believe.

The club has had nearly a year with COVID to prepare for the already scheduled elections in 2021.

They could have spread voting for the election over a two week period or something (like the vote of no confidence) at different points in the city and minimize huge aggregates of people. They could have also adopted a mail in voting system in addition to this.

These things don't take months and months to plan. These sorts of measures should have been the logical approach as soon as the board resigned in October.

Last edited:

Messigician

I sense a plot to destroy the club. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds Tusquets

if Tusquets does not give up his emergency powers after the Match deadline then he should be removed from office.

The Catalan government would have to take control of the board in order to ensure a peaceful transition.

To a dark place, this line of thought will carry us. Hmmm. Great care, we must take.

Vilarrubi

I sense a plot to destroy the club. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds Tusquets

if Tusquets does not give up his emergency powers after the Match deadline then he should be removed from office.

The Catalan government would have to take control of the board in order to ensure a peaceful transition.

To a dark place, this line of thought will carry us. Hmmm. Great care, we must take.

Darth Tusquets.

Home of Barca Fans