Champions League

KingLeo10

We can compete with everyone includin Pool but we can also get seriously hurt by anyone, like real trashing...and we shouldn't be in that position.

I mean, that's the name of the game. You have to risk it to win it.

Thrashings were always common in CL among top teams. Chokes too (Milan v Pool, Milan v Deportivo etc., Real getting bounced in R of 16 6 times in a row etc.).

It's a competition where luck and injuries and errors have a big role. That can either hurt or help.

Gaudi

I mean, that's the name of the game. You have to risk it to win it.

Thrashings were always common in CL among top teams. Chokes too (Milan v Pool, Milan v Deportivo etc., Real getting bounced in R of 16 6 times in a row etc.).

It's a competition where luck and injuries and errors have a big role. That can either hurt or help.

Of course, luck is important...but i mean trashing in a sence of 5:0 or something like that. I don't see Bayern or L'pool losing like that.

LeeRomeno

Our chances of winning CL depend largely on if we can get second tie at home. Anything can happen in final, but if we get a tie with second game away, we are fcked no matter the opponent with current team. Just the opposite the other way round.

draconifire

Lol, We're not winning this CL, not with this current crop of players we have.
I wouldn't be surprised if Napoli beat us at home. After Roma and Pool, I think it's within the realms of possibility. We lost those with a much younger team and much more bigger squad.

Barcilliant

Juventus lost to Lyon 0-1, RM lost at home to City, PSG lost, Pool lost. Yet we are the ones who should basically shut down football operations, according to you.

It's not about winning a CL with guarantees. It's about competing. We can compete with anyone except Pool imo.

Barring a Chelsea 2012 type fluke /miracle we are NOT WINNING THE CL.

This Barca is the weakest since Rijkaard took over in 2003!

😂

Also our seniors are not like the Chelsea seniors. Guys like Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Cech were leaders. Same can't be said about Messi, Pique, Busquets, Alba and Suarez.

Yes, the competition is weak but Liverpool and City are imo the two best sides in Europe. The winner will be one of those two. Bayern are an outside chance.

Rory

Liverpool and man city are the only teams I could see dominating a two legged matchup. Bayern are good but I don't see how they are significantly stronger than us with their mixed season. Juve aren't that great this year. We beat Dortmund convincingly at camp nou this year, psg might get knocked out. Real or city will be out. Anything can happen. Remember Real's 2015/2016 win? Roma, Wolfsburg, 4th place man city then atletico in the final offside goal penatly win. ALL to play for.

mc_lovin

We wont win the CL in style, thats for sure. But we have plenty of depth in midfield, a decent defense and Messi upfront. Wouldnt be too shocked if we "fluked" it.

Marshall D Teach

If Liverpool go out, the competition is not that strong. Man City should become the favorites on paper but they can bottle it. No one else is that much better than us on paper. Maybe Bayern.

But do y'all really think we'd have no chance against the likes of PSG, Dortmund, Juve? Let alone the Leipzigs and Atalantas. Because that's who the competition is. The competition's level matters as much as ours. I'd be about as surprised to see any of them win the CL as us.

Stranger things have happened. Biggest problem is that we've turned into CL chokers. We're probably fucked if we get the second leg away especially against a decent team.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We wont win the CL in style, thats for sure. But we have plenty of depth in midfield, a decent defense and Messi upfront. Wouldnt be too shocked if we "fluked" it.

Not while we are competing in the league.
This could turn ugly if we continued on both fronts with zero depth

Andresito

Staff member
Not while we are competing in the league.
This could turn ugly if we continued on both fronts with zero depth

It's not impossible, our squad isn't that catastrophic as long as we don't have any injuries. We have to rotate smartly and with precision.

RB: Semedo, Roberto
CB: Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti
LB: Alba, Firpo

DM: Busi, Frenkie, Rakitic
CM: Frenkie, Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal, Roberto

RW/LW: Messi, Roberto, Griezmann, Ansu
CF: Griezmann, Braithwaite, Messi

I feel we have a good enough eleven to win the CL, with a bit of luck of course. Provided we have our best players fresh and fit. All players have a replacement who won't be noticed if the rest of the team is mostly regular. Setién will have the tough task of rotating as much as possible with us still winning.

Devils

lol We'd need a Chelsea 2012 type run to win this CL. Ain't no way it's happening dawg.

Liverpool/Atletico, City, Bayern and Dortmund would all be favorites over two legs against us.

We're probably on par with PSG, Juve and Madrid though, but even then these guys are awful and a step away from getting eliminated themselves.

This is our lowest chance to win the CL in the past 12 years or so imo.

serghei

I'd say we're probably 6th or 7th favorite of the 8 teams that will probably play in the quarters.

Bayern, Atletico/Liverpool, City, Leipzig, Dortmund, Barcelona, Juventus/Lyon, Atalanta.

It's close between first three.

KingLeo10

lol We'd need a Chelsea 2012 type run to win this CL. Ain't no way it's happening dawg.

Liverpool/Atletico, City, Bayern and Dortmund would all be favorites over two legs against us.

We're probably on par with PSG, Juve and Madrid though, but even then these guys are awful and a step away from getting eliminated themselves.

This is our lowest chance to win the CL in the past 12 years or so imo.

Agree about Pool and Bayern. Dortmund and City lack the fortitude at Camp Nou IMO. Of course, it doesn't matter which of these 4 we play if the return leg is the away one. That's a guaranteed choke with these seniors.

:lol:

Vilarrubi

I'd say we're probably 6th or 7th favorite of the 8 teams that will probably play in the quarters.

Really depends who gets through. Can definitely see PSG, Liverpool, Juve advancing despite losing first leg. Spurs too, but we’d beat them comfortably.

Home of Barca Fans