Champions League

Neymessi

Looks like you watch a lot of RM away CL knockouts.

Stats can be misleading. RM are nothing special right now and it would take something very special to knock city at their home with 2 away goals already at their advantage.

And this isn't even my hate for RM speaking, just being very pragmatic.

El Gato

Villarato!
Stats can be misleading.

So can judgements of RM in any given game and projecting it onto CL. 2 away goals is easier for RM, even this RM, than any other team especially if team is motivated rather than scared. One header, one pen or one semi-engineered move and City's advantage is done for. The question is not whether they can do it, but if they can do it without conceding.

KingLeo10

So can judgements of RM in any given game and projecting it onto CL. 2 away goals is easier for RM, even this RM, than any other team especially if team is motivated rather than scared. One header, one pen or one semi-engineered move and City's advantage is done for. The question is not whether they can do it, but if they can do it without conceding.

Those good CL away game stats you keep referencing were also with CR7 up front and a younger/hungry core of Modric, Marcelo, Kroos, Casemiro.

I'm not totally discounting RM's possibility of advancing, but it is definitely slim (20% or less).

Neymessi

ok

serghei

Yea, Wolfe can't seem to separate Madrid with Cristiano and Madrid without. Your potency in attack in CL dropped from a 9-10 to a 7 just by losing Ronaldo.

El Gato

Villarato!
Those good CL away game stats you keep referencing were also with CR7 up front and a younger/hungry core of Modric, Marcelo, Kroos, Casemiro.

I'm not totally discounting RM's possibility of advancing, but it is definitely slim (20% or less).

Kroos and Casemiro are still hungry as they've proven this season. Casemiro was resurrected by Zidane from being a player worthy of being benched by Llorente, while Kroos was our best midfielder throughout autumn. Fede is not even the average version of Modrić who has been the world's best midfielder in last 5 years, but for sure can be a tank as we've seen in that October-January period. Marcelo on the other hand hasn't been himself since 2017 even when Ronaldo was here and even then we've managed to cover that up. He didn't even play vs Ajax and we were most dangerous from that left flank with Reguilon and Vinicius. In this tie with City it's difficult to be effective because they have very good wings which keep our fullbacks occupied, but as I said time and time again, if we do play Vinicius-REALSTRIKER and ideally a good RW/RCAM who can create real danger from whatever Vini creates, it's the same scenario. When B.Mendy has nothing to worry about while being utter dogshit, you know you have trouble.

Yea, Wolfe can't seem to separate Madrid with Cristiano and Madrid without. Your potency in attack in CL dropped from a 9-10 to a 7 just by losing Ronaldo.

Not at all. I'm saying we can score 2 goals minimum against a shit City defense, as we've showed against better defenses. You seem to think we can't. Which I don't agree with.

Kroos and Casemiro are still hungry as they've proven this season. Casemiro was resurrected by Zidane from being a player worthy of being benched by Llorente, while Kroos was our best midfielder throughout autumn. Fede is not even the average version of Modrić who has been the world's best midfielder in last 5 years, but for sure can be a tank as we've seen in that October-January period. Marcelo on the other hand hasn't been himself since 2017 even when Ronaldo was here and even then we've managed to cover that up. He didn't even play vs Ajax and we were most dangerous from that left flank with Reguilon and Vinicius. In this tie with City it's difficult to be effective because they have very good wings which keep our fullbacks occupied, but as I said time and time again, if we do play Vinicius-REALSTRIKER and ideally a good RW/RCAM who can create real danger from whatever Vini creates, it's the same scenario. When B.Mendy has nothing to worry about while being utter dogshit, you know you have trouble.

your stats are meaningless. Guardiola owns Madrid like Moses owned Egypt. He will not lose such advantage. stop dreaming.

serghei

Not at all. I'm saying we can score 2 goals minimum against a shit City defense, as we've showed against better defenses. You seem to think we can't. Which I don't agree with.

You can score 2 goals. But they can score even more on you. You just miss the fact that they proved on your field they are the better team. It is very unlikely that you advance, judging how City played on Bernabeu. And please do consider they are usually way better at home.

Something in the performance of City, which was very very mature, very unlike them, tells me they aren't gonna slip up this massive advantage to a side which is clearly declined compared with the Ronaldo era.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
You can score 2 goals. But they can score even more on you. You just miss the fact that they proved on your field they are the better team. It is very unlikely that you advance, judging how City played on Bernabeu. And please do consider they are usually way better at home.

They sure can. And they're not that much better at home vs top sides, and certainly not in the CL. They have an advantage, which doesn't mean they'll use it or are guaranteed not to cock it up. + it depends what will happen in the next 2 weeks leading up to the game.

It's as if you guys get your knickers in the twist with somebody pointing out that your wish that this arbitrary 20-25% chance of advancing that RM perhaps have is instead completely negligible 0.1-0.5%, is not quite right. Poor Cules want us to be done and dusted but can't for sure say so, haha.

Last edited:

clemente

I'm so excited about Atalanta, I predict them getting us next and Ilicic scoring a hat-trick after flooring Pique.

Neymessi

They sure can. And they're not that much better at home vs top sides, and certainly not in the CL. They have an advantage, which doesn't mean they'll use it or are guaranteed not to cock it up. + it depends what will happen in the next 2 weeks leading up to the game.

It's as if you guys get your knickers in the twist with somebody pointing out that your wish that this arbitrary 20-25% chance of advancing that RM perhaps have is instead completely negligible 0.1-0.5%, is not quite right. Poor Cules want us to be done and dusted but can't for sure say so, haha.

City are 1/12 to advance by the bookies. That is much lower than 25%. Now you'll say there have been cases where things turned out the opposite so remember these are odds and not certainties.

Maybe some time a team with a 10% chance won but that won't mean that that the bookies were wrong. It just happened because the chances were 10 and not 0.

Xaviniesta

Atletico just drew to a weak ass espanyol missing key players. They still only have 4 away wins in La liga and CL combined. Felix and Morata have been quite terrible as well.

They're gonna need a Simeone masterclass at Anfield to go through imo. If they go and just defend, they will concede from set-pieces, because I am sure Klopp will be training his team for that. Espanyol had several set-piece chances to win the game today.

This is going to be a very interesting game for sure.

serghei

Seems to me like you're just getting your hopes up without much ground, but hey, we are all delusional at times.

Vilarrubi

Atletico just drew to a weak ass espanyol missing key players. They still only have 4 away wins in La liga and CL combined. Felix and Morata have been quite terrible as well.

They're gonna need a Simeone masterclass at Anfield to go through imo. If they go and just defend, they will concede from set-pieces, because I am sure Klopp will be training his team for that. Espanyol had several set-piece chances to win the game today.

This is going to be a very interesting game for sure.

Espanyol>Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans