What CL QF draws would you like?

Chainsaw

Killahead
Maybe you read different news and football fan websites than I do.
I haven't checked in a while, but isn't Real on top of Barca even in the league by a couple of points?

Apparently you only checked out the news in recent weeks. So by some weeks ago when Barca was on top you were going to say Barca is better than Real merely because of their positions in the league? Barca fell from the top spot because of some poor run of results against weak opponents. Check out Barca's results and performances in big games compare and compare 'em to Real's to see how greater Real is!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nope. I might be a United fan but I'm a realist. I'd say it would be close between the two, but there's nothing to suggest Dortmund are better this season with both teams under-preforming. Not that it matters though, Barcelona would walk through both teams.

The difference being, Dortmund is that shit because they have a shitload of injured players. United are just shit.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Apparently you only checked out the news in recent weeks. So by some weeks ago when Barca was on top you were going to say Barca is better than Real merely because of their positions in the league? Barca fell from the top spot because of some poor run of results against weak opponents. Check out Barca's results and performances in big games compare and compare 'em to Real's to see how greater Real is!

No, because of what the general perception is based on their performance. Barca have been fairly unimpressive this season (domestically and CL), tbh. Real seem like they are a force to be reckoned with this season and can challenge for the CL.

Chainsaw

Killahead
No, because of what the general perception is based on their performance. Barca have been fairly unimpressive this season, tbh. Real seem like they are a force to be reckoned with this season and can challenge for the CL.

Real is there at the top spot (as of now) mostly because of Barca's recent poor results against weaker sides. Speaking of being how "unimpressive" Barca is this season you clearly haven't watched Real much as it seems, cause between these two the less unimpressive side was Barca. Real grind out many wins. Nothing spectacular about them really. And definitely not that spectacular to be considered the second best team in Europe after Bayern.

serghei

No, because of what the general perception is based on their performance. Barca have been fairly unimpressive this season (domestically and CL), tbh. Real seem like they are a force to be reckoned with this season and can challenge for the CL.

Really? Unimpressive in CL? How about 4-1 against City (6-1 if not for terrible offside calls)? How about the win vs Madrid. We're unbeaten in big games this season, unlike Bayern, who lost to Dortmund + City, and Real, who lost to Barcelona + Atletico.

People said Barca would get hammered by City. Didn't happen. So, the general perception can be shit sometimes.

EDIT:

Barca is unimpressive in CL, although outplayed City, but Bayern is really impressive, although struggled a bit against Arsenal (a team City tore apart). Yes, that makes sense.

Last edited:

Leo10

Real vs Bayern final for me please. Would be the Ultimate.

An Arsenal fan posting in a FC Barcelona forum that he would like Real and Bayern to win. WTF is this democracy?

WpsnwMs.gif

Last edited:

Maria

In the 2011-2012 season Barca lost only 2 games until the CL SFs: against Getafe and against Osasuna. In the 2010-2011 season Barca lost 5 games until the CL SFs, 2 of them against Real Madrid and Arsenal(what we would call big games). Guess which one of those teams was better?

BarcaGirl

I would love to see this draw

Manchester United - FC Barcelona
Bayern Munich - PSG
Atletico Madrid - Dortmund
Real Madrid - Chelsea

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Really? Unimpressive in CL? How about 4-1 against City (6-1 if not for terrible offside calls)? How about the win vs Madrid. We're unbeaten in big games this season, unlike Bayern, who lost to Dortmund + City, and Real, who lost to Barcelona + Atletico.

People said Barca would get hammered by City. Didn't happen. So, the general perception can be shit sometimes.

EDIT:

Barca is unimpressive in CL, although outplayed City, but Bayern is really impressive, although struggled a bit against Arsenal (a team City tore apart). Yes, that makes sense.

Bayern against Dortmund? You mean that pre-season, barely officially sanctioned match against Dortmund? LoL, ok. The loss against City was in a match that didn't matter, in which City were again completely outclassed in the first 20 minutes, before Bayern seemingly stopped giving a fuck while conceding a goal due to a ridiculous penalty call and even more ridiculous blunder by Boateng.
Also I'm not sure in how far Bayern struggled against Arsenal, except for the very first 15 minutes of the 180.

Real are said to be the hottest shit right now, or so is word on the street... And from what I've seen in recent matches, I'm inclined to concur. They DO look impressive under Ancelotti.
Barca in turn, whenever I've seen them this season, even against City (though I only watched the first leg), looked a bit bleak.
Don't take offense, it's just how I and many other perceive the power ranking atm, which features Real above Barca. And don't forget, I was talking about "currently", not "beginning of the season" or something like that.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Bayern against Dortmund? You mean that pre-season, barely officially sanctioned match against Dortmund? LoL, ok. The loss against City was in a match that didn't matter, in which City were again completely outclassed in the first 20 minutes, before Bayern seemingly stopped giving a fuck while conceding a goal due to a ridiculous penalty call and even more ridiculous blunder by Boateng.
Also I'm not sure in how far Bayern struggled against Arsenal, except for the very first 15 minutes of the 180.

Real are said to be the hottest shit right now, or so is word on the street... And from what I've seen in recent matches, I'm inclined to concur. They DO look impressive under Ancelotti.
Barca in turn, whenever I've seen them this season, even against City (though I only watched the first leg), looked a bit bleak.
Don't take offense, it's just how I and many other perceive the power ranking atm, which features Real above Barca. And don't forget, I was talking about "currently", not "beginning of the season" or something like that.
Did you watch rm in la liga, or just ucl or highlights? Because if you watch them in la liga, you'd see they don't look that mighty. So much spaces between lines... Many teams can take advantage of that. Even Schalke managed to score 2 past them.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Did you watch rm in la liga, or just ucl or highlights? Because if you watch them in la liga, you'd see they don't look that mighty. So much spaces between lines... Many teams can take advantage of that. Even Schalke managed to score 2 past them.

Only CL (not just highlights). I only watched them in this season's clasico so far regarding La Liga, admittedly.

zanela

I want Madrid derby over 2 legs. It has all the ingredients of a football blockbuster. The intensity, the cut-throat comp, the drama, the outlandish skills, and above all, the Pepe-Costa love affair. Can't get enough of. :wub: (gonna miss it when Costa leaves LL :()

Since Simeone worked his magic, Madrid derbies have been more entertaining than El Clásico (personally)

C'mon UEFA make it happen! :alveshat:

BarcaGirl

I want Madrid derby over 2 legs. It has all the ingredients of a football blockbuster. The intensity, the cut-throat comp, the drama, the outlandish skills, and above all, the Pepe-Costa love affair. Can't get enough of. :wub: (gonna miss it when Costa leaves LL :()

Since Simeone worked his magic, Madrid derbies have been more entertaining than El Clásico (personally)

C'mon UEFA make it happen! :alveshat:

You really want 4 clasicos within a month ...ugh, no thanks!!

Home of Barca Fans