Zinedine Zidane

Birdy

Bad news for Barca.
Whether Allegri or Conte comes in, it's for sure a much stronger RM next season, big favorite for LaLiga

PS: Any truth to the following leak?

" Zidane is leaving because he hasn't forgiven Florentino Perez for leaking to the press that he would be sacked if he was knocked out from the #UCL group stage. @lamacope"

Last edited:

Nazario1985

" Zidane is leaving because he hasn't forgiven Florentino Perez for leaking to the press that he would be sacked if he was knocked out from the #UCL group stage. @lamacope"

Sounds childish.

Zidane was back to help RM & give Perez more time to avoid the fiasco that started after him leaving.

Perez for some reasons didn't invest seriously since then, so maybe now he will go all in & with a new manager.

Always respected Zidane for doing so, knowing it could tint his image because most people will forget he is managing a talentless squad.

Messigician

Sounds childish.

Zidane was back to help RM & give Perez more time to avoid the fiasco that started after him leaving.

Perez for some reasons didn't invest seriously since then, so maybe now he will go all in & with a new manager.

Always respected Zidane for doing so, knowing it could tint his image because most people will forget he is managing a talentless squad.

AHAHAHA. I love this narrative.

Perez didn't invest? He spent 300m and got Zidane a galactic signing with Hazard

El Gato

Villarato!

Can't argue lack of investment, more so that it's not enough investment/change.
That + having locked players in contracts that can't be shifted to make room for others.
Hazard was Zidane request, Mendy also it seems like, Jović got OK'd by him too, Odegaard also brought back at his request.
Should have had about 3 more players (Mbappe or other score-first RW, DM, better RB).

Nazario1985

AHAHAHA. I love this narrative.

Perez didn't invest? He spent 300m and got Zidane a galactic signing with Hazard

Hence the word seriously ... spending 300m which half of it is for Hazard ! and the other on some zero talent players is not what i call serious for RM.

We all know Perez want the likes of Mbappe, not a stop gap like Hazard but couldn't do it last summer will see if he will try again.

+ they sold every promising youngster they had !

Nazario1985

Can't argue lack of investment, more so that it's not enough investment/change.
That + having locked players in contracts that can't be shifted to make room for others.
Hazard was Zidane request, Mendy also it seems like, Jović got OK'd by him too, Odegaard also brought back at his request.
Should have had about 3 more players (Mbappe or other score-first RW, DM, better RB).

Individually their defense is shit. but they hold way better than FCB. i expect Perez to invest in a new CB at least

El Gato

Villarato!
Individually their defense is shit. but they hold way better than FCB. i expect Perez to invest in a new CB at least

No it isn't.
Statistically and in practice second best defense after Bayern in 19/20 (qualitatively could argue 3rd best if were in the Prem, but Liverpool too dependent on 1 player to hold fort).
Also very good in 20/21.

Old midfield who struggles to compete at highest level and no players to score creates the imbalance.

Home of Barca Fans