Yerry Mina

serghei

I wish him the best!

Still don't understand the vitriol toward him. He's not really what we need, that's true, but so what, it's not like it's his fault. He realized this and immediately chose to pursuit a career elsewhere. I have so much more respect for this kind of players than the ones who cling on to a spot on the bench and a nice salary instead of getting a fucking hint.

Anyway, he's much better suited for teams like Everton that don't defend with a high line 24/7.

Yea, in the mean time this guy is going to bring us 20m. in half a year. He basically bought Vidal for us.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder why we got him in the first place. If we are selling him because he is a bad defender, I wonder what the hell our scouts were doing. If we are selling him because he does not suit our style, I wonder why they did not notice this earlier when he was still playing in Brazil.

Overall a failure of the scouting department.

serghei

I wonder why we got him in the first place. If we are selling him because he is a bad defender, I wonder what the hell our scouts were doing. If we are selling him because he does not suit our style, I wonder why they did not notice this earlier when he was still playing in Brazil.

Maybe we signed him because it was a win win case. Make profit or have a future starter. To be honest, developing Mina would've taken time that we don't have, in our pursue for immediate success and winning the CL.

Valverde barely finds time to play Dembele and develop him, even that is hard. Mina would've had very few chances to play this season, and he would've probably looked as bad because of lack of playing time.

Raketa10

With 20 mil profit within 6 months. I hope we fail like that again!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe we signed him because it was a win win case. Make profit or have a future starter.

It could be that too. We probably would not have bought him if his fee was much higher.

I don't mind us doing this from time to time but I hope we get players with the sole intention of them playing for us. We are not Porto or Monaco.

serghei

It could be that too. We probably would not have bought him if his fee was much higher.

I don't mind us doing this from time to time but I hope we get players with the sole intention of them playing for us. We are not Porto or Monaco.

No, but considering we've been selling players at a loss lately, doing this doesn't hurt, and it balances the books. Selling Mina and Digne almost covers the whole loss from the Arda transfer.

That was luck. He wasn't even starter for Columbia.

He was very good for Colombia. Scored goals prior to the World Cup as well. It was a tactical mistake not to play him in the first game, and Colombia paid for it.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, but considering we've been selling players at a loss lately, doing this doesn't hurt, and it balances the books.

It sure doesn't hurt, not complaining about the money side of it at all.

I was just thinking, imagine what Mina had to go through, thinking that he joined the best club in the world and only to be sold shortly later. Oh well.

Home of Barca Fans