Yerry Mina

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I say he should start in the Supercup early in the season. If he does great and shows improvement in the right areas, keep him and sell Paulinho. If he does ok, loan him for a year. If he is terrible and shows the same weak ground defending, sell him for the biggest sum we can get.

We should move on from Paulinho anyway. A gimmicky role player who's tradeoff in technical ability isn't worth the trouble for his tap-ins. Coutinho will take on more goalscoring burden than we ever needed Paulinho for (and better at it too) and same with Dembele if we actually develop him right.

Donatello

Your made up 50m price is irrelevant indeed.

Just waffling complete nonsense.

Its not his worth, its what he would have been worth, had he stayed at Palmeiras..

Because, he wouldn't have been exposed. He was phenomenal in Seria A, add match winning WC performances to that, minus Barca horror show.

Don't go biting without reading properly.

I know you'll still say he's not worth 50M. But, That's how hype machines work.

JamDav1982

Its not his worth, its what he would have been worth, had he stayed at Palmeiras..

Because, he wouldn't have been exposed. He was phenomenal in Seria A, add match winning WC performance, minus Barca horror show.

Don't go biting without reading properly.

I know you'll still say he's not worth 50M. But,

He wouldnt have been worth 50m.

Made up irrelevant price and World Cup does not have the influence you seem to think.

Joan

No, he'd go for more than 15m, that's a sure thing.

We paid 12 for him, didn't we?

He had a very good WC, I think he could do fine in some clubs.

George_Costanza

What do you disagree with? His positioning is poor, not mobile enough and not proven in high defensive line.

Tbf, none of these minor issue. I don't believe he can really improve on that, but do think he might do significantly better in some other club.

I would have thought you might be talking about his passing abilities, as he is awful with the ball and in passing for Barcelona style but positioning? What was wrong with his positioning? His positioning was actually good, not sure if you are talking about the WC performance or Levante's game?! Also not mobile enough? Mina has good speed (defintly faster than Pique), this is actually one of his main strength of Colombia team defense to have both Mina and Sanchez who are pacy players (Although Sanchez is faster). Since 2012 Colombia under Perkerman only lost by more than a single goal on four occasions.

He hasn’t played much for Barcelona to have such a judgment, hard to get consistency, plying only minutes in 5 games, also joining in January doesn't help the situation at all.

Last edited:

Joan

I would have thought you might be talking about his passing abilities, as he is awful with the ball and in passing for Barcelona style but positioning? What was wrong with his positioning? His positioning was actually good, not sure if you are talking about the WC performance or Levante's game?! Also not mobile enough? Mina has good speed (defintly faster than Pique), this is actually one of his main strength of Colombia team defense to have both Mina and Sanchez who are pacy players (Although Sanchez is faster). Since 2012 Colombia under Perkerman only lost by more than a single goal on four occasions.

He hasn’t played much for Barcelona to have such a judgment, hard to get consistency, plying only minutes in 5 games, also joining in January doesn't help the situation at all.
No, he's not awful with the ball. Not world beater at passing, but not one of his main flaws. Yet to be tested under real pressure, though. I watch his overall positioning, whenever he plays. Don't you see that chaos? He's fine if he's in the box, put in low block and let clean the ball and win duels in the air. But when the team goes forward and he has to anticipate and position himself well, that's just not his type of game. Even today, awful when Colombia is cought on counters. Sanchez often had to intervene. Et cetera.

Where did you get this idea that he's fast? He's not pacy, not close to it. Being faster than Pique tells you nothing. Not even sure if his acceleration is better. And he's still young. All in all, physical defender good in deep defening. Not what we need.

xXKonan

Pique is obviously a much better player overall but man I really wish he had Yerry's mental fortitude on the pitch still.

Pique at his best was a fine player especially during the 14/15 season after Lucho gave him a kick in the ass. These days he's a guy to preoccupied with crap off field and when things aren't going well for him he seems to sulk instead of getting it together. Well stuff like that can be said for a number of players in our squad.

Yeah it's tough in Pique's case since he's won everything you can think of but I would kill to have the 14/15 Pique back.

Home of Barca Fans